The "Shit I just bought" thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't think you know what cheap means.
It's less than I thought. I think it was 150.00 when I got. It's even cheaper now.Amazon.com: Cuisinart 77-10 Chef DiningThey do have a higher end one that's over 200 bucks, but that's still low compared to rip offs like Le Creuset.

For what you get, I consider that cheap! My cast iron was only like 17 bucks and it's the best thing ever, though!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
BrutulTM probably has a 20 inch dick with two heads that spews lava semen.

Guy calls me a fag all day, rides around on a tractor that also slays pussy, and still has time to post on a video game forum. A man's man.
Pimpin ain't easy.

With regard to the non-stick, it is what it is. Just buy a cheap one at Walmart for $19 and throw it away every couple years. I don't get stainless myself, it's expensive and it sticks to everything. I use cast iron for everything that isn't eggs and I use the cheap ass T-Fal stainless pans from Walmart for cooking eggs. The expensive ones are no better, they're just more expensive.

Not really any reason to own a $100 frying pan unless you just like spending money.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The hot pan kills them before the fumes. The problem is keeping the bird in the hot pan while it's still alive.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I buy my teflon shit from GFS. Im not sure if that s a nationwide chain or just here in Michigan, but its like a restaurant supply store. I get the 12.5" aluminum with a riveted handle non stick pan is like $25. Lasts for like 2 yrs and I get a new one.

I cant stand doing meats on anything other than non stick. I guess its just a preference thing. Also isnt the temp required to release the teflon fumes at like 600F? If you let your pans heat up that much, you are doing it wrong.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Are those the pans I've been seeing on Chopped recently? Anywhere I can go to readup on it? My 14" nonstick just bit it and the prices on those pans are really attractive compared to a good teflon pan.
These are the ones I have.

http://www.nuwaveperfectgreenpan.com/

I bought them primarily because I wanted a pan that was light like aluminum, but induction useable like cast iron. These are. I think the non-stick works pretty well also. We use them in the RV and use Le Crueset stuff at home. I prefer cleaning the ceramic.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I heard on the radio that teflon pans give off fumes that kill birds. This true?
I know you are just screwing around, but teflon was used in the early days of our nuclear program to line the pipes that transported UF6. It was used because it didn't react with anything.

These days, cheap Chinese manufacturing leaves much in doubt. Teflon doesn't react with anything and isn't at all dangerous, but bonding agents used can be nasty if any were left over from manufacture.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's less than I thought. I think it was 150.00 when I got. It's even cheaper now.Amazon.com: Cuisinart 77-10 Chef DiningThey do have a higher end one that's over 200 bucks, but that's still low compared to rip offs like Le Creuset.

For what you get, I consider that cheap! My cast iron was only like 17 bucks and it's the best thing ever, though!
My apologies soybro, I misread your original post. I thought you paid $200 for a single nonstick pan. $200 for a set of pans ain't bad.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know you are just screwing around, but teflon was used in the early days of our nuclear program to line the pipes that transported UF6. It was used because it didn't react with anything.

These days, cheap Chinese manufacturing leaves much in doubt. Teflon doesn't react with anything and isn't at all dangerous, but bonding agents used can be nasty if any were left over from manufacture.
No I was serious, sort of. I heard some guy on the radio said he killed 3 birds in his house because he was cooking food on Teflon. I figured he was just vastly misinformed and I wanted to see if there was any credence to his story haha.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No I was serious, sort of. I heard some guy on the radio said he killed 3 birds in his house because he was cooking food on Teflon. I figured he was just vastly misinformed and I wanted to see if there was any credence to his story haha.
My mom has birds right in the kitchen nook area, small ones too, and she cooks wit nonstick all the time and has yet to kill one.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't believe him anyways, he's fat and a piece of shit. He was probably cooking the bird for all I know.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We use our skillets for so much stuff, that I think going with a cast iron is going to be the way to go. Just wipe it out and cook something else. So easy. lol
smile.png

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
T-fal are on sale at 70% off like three times a year, that's like 15 bucks, I just buy a new frying pan every other year and that's that. For that kind of price, it doesn't make any sense to me to deal with stainless.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any ol' cast iron skillet going to do the trick? Saw some at Walmart for a cheap price? Or which one should I buy?

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
You fucking pussies stop talking about pots and pans you are going to cook with for your gay lovers right before you get it in the asshole please.
The gay thread that way <--

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
You fucking pussies stop talking about pots and pans you are going to cook with for your gay lovers right before you get it in the asshole please.
The gay thread that way <--
You sound fat and lonely. Also, your arrow for the gay thread is pointing right at you.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pimpin ain't easy.

With regard to the non-stick, it is what it is. Just buy a cheap one at Walmart for $19 and throw it away every couple years. I don't get stainless myself, it's expensive and it sticks to everything. I use cast iron for everything that isn't eggs and I use the cheap ass T-Fal stainless pans from Walmart for cooking eggs. The expensive ones are no better, they're just more expensive.

Not really any reason to own a $100 frying pan unless you just like spending money.
If you are having sticking issues you are using to much heat. My pans are pretty easily cleaned generally. I learned that quickly because who the fuck wants to scrub the shit out of pots and pans all the time.

I just look at it this way, if the non-stick is coming off enough for you to see it, it definitely was coming off when you couldn't. That being said you are likely using to much heat on your non-stick as well if it is coming off, particularly cheap sets have low maximum heat ranges.

dolaan_sl

shitlord
Stainless is very easy to clean just deglaze after cooking. I just let the pan get hot again and dump some water in and scrub it with a brush, works every time. That being said I usually use my cast iron but typically not with saucy things that I dont want getting into the cast iron.