The "Shit I just bought" thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ah I need something I can walk away from. And because I don't like not being able to multi task while in the kitchen. If I'm grinding crackers for breaking for fish I want to be free while it does that to work on other things while it's going.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does the weight change effect your throw much? Not a dart player obviously. Weight forward or whatever they call the balance?
Nah. Were talking fractions of a gram. You adjust to that with just a bit of practice. Plus I'm not good enough for it to be that noticeable

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ah I need something I can walk away from. And because I don't like not being able to multi task while in the kitchen. If I'm grinding crackers for breaking for fish I want to be free while it does that to work on other things while it's going.
i understand walking away and doing other things, but literally you make hamburger meat in 10s and full emulsification takes 20s.

also i just clean mine and it was out on the counter so i put 4 crackers in there.
rrr_img_101986.jpg

10s
rrr_img_101987.jpg

this is after 20s of pulsing
rrr_img_101988.jpg

oh btw, when i say pulsing, i just hold down the button for 10s and as you can see, after 10years of use, the button label is gone.

you're gonna have to move up to the 8cup for an on/off mode.

just to help you out.

Amazon.com: Cuisinart FP-8SV Elemental 8-Cup Food Processor, Silver: Kitchen Dining

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Super happy today when I got home from work, ordered a 64gb Samsung evo SD card from amazon and they accidentally threw in a 32gb version as well, double checked that I didn't order or get charged for it and blammo free shit... had to come on here to share since the wife could care less.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Super happy today when I got home from work, ordered a 64gb Samsung evo SD card from amazon and they accidentally threw in a 32gb version as well, double checked that I didn't order or get charged for it and blammo free shit... had to come on here to share since the wife could care less.
do you use USB3 to transfer shit? when i used USB2, shit took forever, then i hopped on over USB3, it was at least double... depended on the SD card if it was a slow ass class2 vs. a class 10, but even then they felt like they got a speed bump. I got this little usb3 reader, works nice.
Amazon.com: Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K): TRANSCEND: Computers Accessories

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
had to come on here to share since the wife could care less.
So she does care at least.

I ordered a random ass shirt a while back. Just cheap navy blue t-shirt with a little white around the collar/cuffs. Looked pretty nice on the site. Apparently I ordered it from Japan without knowing, took like a month to arrive.

So I open up the suspiciously tiny package(HEYOO!) assuming it would be the dart shafts I mentioned earlier. Instead it was the shirt, which was significantly smaller than anticipated(Asian XXL is supposed to = US L) and like 50% see-through. I either need to give it to a female or become a flamboyant gay man...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Can anyone recommend a decent food processor? I went to target today and they carry ONE FUCKING model and it's some Ninja shit that's more blender than anything else and it's $200. Shits pissing me off, I don't need anything top of the line, just something that's good with quick veggie slicing and that can grind the shit out of saltines and/or bread to make cracker/bread crumbs.

This is the one I have and it's been great.

Amazon.com: Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor, White: Full Size Food Processors: Home Kitchen

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
do you use USB3 to transfer shit? when i used USB2, shit took forever, then i hopped on over USB3, it was at least double... depended on the SD card if it was a slow ass class2 vs. a class 10, but even then they felt like they got a speed bump. I got this little usb3 reader, works nice.
Amazon.com: Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K): TRANSCEND: Computers Accessories
Thanks for the tip on the card reader I'll probably pick one up. So far what I usually use is the slot on my work laptop for SD cards. Seems pretty fast

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it'll be even faster if you hook it up to usb3. The built in card readers are all usb2, and are super convenient, but if you do a lot of digital transfer, you'll relish the speed. Even better if you have the faster class 6 or 10 cards. (i know those are usually for cameras itself so you can shoot 1080p and lots of info, but it also helps w/ offloading as well)

Quick tip for those not familiar w/ using usb3 much, the connectors are blue, as in if you look at it they have a blue color and thats designated as usb3 (where the white part is usually for usb2)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the tip on the card reader I'll probably pick one up. So far what I usually use is the slot on my work laptop for SD cards. Seems pretty fast
USB3 is literally 10x the speed of USB2. It will simply depend on how quick your cards can read / write. I avoid USB2 anything like the plague now.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless-AC2400 Dual-band Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IPv4, IPv6 - Newegg.com

This router is a beast. It replaces an Asus Dark Knight router that had been working great but a nearby lightning strike took it out. I'm a cord cutter, so everything I watch is streamed. With my old router I would get streaming drop outs but this new one is a night and day difference. Not a single dropout and streams start immediately. Wireless range is awesome and AC doesn't hurt, either. It ain't cheap, but I'll be doing mega amounts of streaming and wanted something that can handle it along with all the other devices in the house.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Since we had all the discussion about the food processor, one thing I do need is a stand mixer. We have pretty limited counter and cabinet space, so a full size one would be cumbersome. And we don't bake near enough to justify paying $300 for a super nice one. Anyone use one they'd recommend for smaller cake and baking projects?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Since we had all the discussion about the food processor, one thing I do need is a stand mixer. We have pretty limited counter and cabinet space, so a full size one would be cumbersome. And we don't bake near enough to justify paying $300 for a super nice one. Anyone use one they'd recommend for smaller cake and baking projects?
no, just wait for the really big sales and you'll find a kitchenaid mixer on sale, if you buy anything else like small POS or otherbrands(who uses other brands?) the motor will burnout and you'll smell electrical death.

what is the price range you're thinking of?
Amazon.com: KitchenAid KSM75WH 4.5-Qt. Classic Plus Stand Mixer - White: Electric Stand Mixers: Kitchen Dining

200 for a kitchenaid classsic actually sounds pretty good, i think maybe the lowest you'd find on special is the 5qt for 170 if you're lucky on black friday.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that probably isn't bad, maybe next week it'll be on sale for Prime Day. Thanks for the suggestion I'll keep an eye on it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
also, i'm sure you keep the monthly 20% from your local BBB or signup on their website and they email you weekly 20% coupons, your best bet is to wait for BBB to have a kitchenaid megasale. usually they will have 20% on kitchenaid that you can stack on top of it, and have a mail in rebate coupon. but all this work will bring down a 5qt to like 170. Kohls will probably have their 30% sales soon, labor day is 2 months away, but again it'll be savings off a 350$ish 5qt model, so really the amazon for the 4.5q classic, is a pretty good everyday deal.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I don't want to dissuade you from buying a stand mixer if that's what you really want, but if you are short on counter space, I'd get a good hand mixer instead.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
cpu and ram for my mini-itx motherboard that's been sitting in the closet for the past 9 months. Gonna be my new gigabit router / torrent box.