The "Shit I just bought" thread

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
  • Processor i7-7700K 4.2 (20% OC)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory
  • CASE: Thermaltake Core P3 Open Frame + Support Wall-Mounting Gaming case w/ USB 3.
  • CASE FAN: 3X 120mm Corsair HD Series, High Performance Individually Addressable RGB LED PWM Case Fans
  • Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler
  • POWER SUPPLY: 800 Watts
  • VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR
  • HD_M2SSD: 16GB Intel® Optane™ Memory Accelerator M.2 PCIe NVMe + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [ARRAY MODE] No idea what this means. Sounded cool though.
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z270-A Pro ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]
Cost me 1700 bucks after codes.

I have been eyeballing that case for awhile and I just don't know about using one in the fucking desert with all the dust. I guess as long as you have an air compressor it wouldn't be bad because it would be real easy to clean it out with it being so open. Grats and if you can give a review when you can on your storage set up with the optane array mode thingy. I dunno what the fuck that means either but it sounds fancy!

Siliconemelons

I think its just a fancy name for their branded NVMe drive... NVMe is well.. awesome- its like going from spinning disk to SSD - going SSD to NVMe

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My M.2 NVMe drive is probably the most noticeable upgrade I've ever done on a PC.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Siliconemelons Siliconemelons Soygen Soygen

I understand the entire concept that NVME is super duper special fast. All the videos that I have watched that show boot up times and game loading shows almost no improvement over SSD. What are you noticing that I am missing from these videos or that they are not covering? Is this pc gaming or work related?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Siliconemelons Siliconemelons Soygen Soygen

I understand the entire concept that NVME is super duper special fast. All the videos that I have watched that show boot up times and game loading shows almost no improvement over SSD. What are you noticing that I am missing from these videos or that they are not covering? Is this pc gaming or work related?
My OS loads way faster than my old SSD and games load stupid fast. I'm surprise to hear that reviews show almost no improvement, but I did upgrade from an older SSD. Maybe if I upgraded from a current SSD, I would be less impressed. While I have not timed it, it's significantly and noticeably faster than my old SSD.

This is the drive I have and have had it about a year now: 950 Pro review: Samsung’s first PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD is an absolute monster

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My OS loads way faster than my old SSD and games load stupid fast. I'm surprise to hear that reviews show almost no improvement, but I did upgrade from an older SSD. Maybe if I upgraded from a current SSD, I would be less impressed. While I have not timed it, it's significantly and noticeably faster than my old SSD.

This is the drive I have and have had it about a year now: 950 Pro review: Samsung’s first PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD is an absolute monster

I'm assuming you have your games on a SSD and the NVME is just your boot drive correct?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm assuming you have your games on a SSD and the NVME is just your boot drive correct?
NVME is my boot drive and I keep a few active games I'm playing on it and the rest on a larger regular drive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

NVMe has many advantages, it has considerably longer life than SSD's - statistically its 2-5x faster read and write and the key function is that it eliminates and entire ATA/SATA bus system and is closer to the cpu and memory than SSD.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
I used the same image on a samsung SSD and a samsung M.2 of the same size and I can't tell a difference in normal/gaming use.

Ryanz

<Banned>
61TUMj8XYNL._SL1000_.jpg

81r8YdGLg8L._SL1500_.jpg

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone recommend a decent power washer? Electric would be fine too, just need something for maybe once a month to blow down the driveway and clean the pool patio.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone recommend a decent power washer? Electric would be fine too, just need something for maybe once a month to blow down the driveway and clean the pool patio.
PHOTO_20170813_103941.jpg

Only played with it for 10 mins, top left is the spray area. Sun Joe 2k psi

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
That sidewalk isn't nearly dirty enough for a satisfying comparison.