The "Shit I just bought" thread

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kube is just a big carbon filter, like a cheap Brita on steroids..., it's just a big carbon block 1 stage filter.

Try Global Water RO-505 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System Water Quality Filter- 24 HOUR USA Tech Support - Plus Extra Set Of 4 Filters For Free

At least you get a real RO system, sure install is more involved, but it looks like even Grandma can do it.

Kube goes on existing faucet and doesn't slow tap down much so its still pretty normal. Who cares if it actually works when it's that convenient, I'm not drilling granite and putting in another tap.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kube goes on existing faucet and doesn't slow tap down much so its still pretty normal. Who cares if it actually works when it's that convenient, I'm not drilling granite and putting in another tap.
instead of drilling granite, you could connect the RO system to your fridge icemaker line and get filtered water that way.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There is absolutely nothing wrong with municipal tap water unless you live in Flint, Michigan. All of those filters are just a way for dumb people to waste money so if you have to buy one, go as cheap as possible.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
He mentioned it is totally for the placebo effect to placate his wife. He did minimal work, and whatever he spent is probably worth not having to listen to her complain about the tap water, so I'm pretty sure he considers it money well spent. Who cares if it is well rated or the best value? She likes it and stopped complaining. Project done.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I never understood people filrering already treated water. I mean I understand potato3 is in WVa, but it's not some African voodoo water that will give you sepsis

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Some water is just nasty, this Kansas water i'm drinking now is horrible, it has a TDS of 350, basic britas will bring it down to 250, most bottled water is 140(they just run munipal water through a filter anyway).

I have a Zero Water pitcher now that's doing 100, a RO system would bring the water to 20. It really all depends on the TDS and the taste/smell of your water. If your TDS is low but your water smells dank, Brita will make it taste great. If your TDS is high, you need something more like negative ion exchange or RO.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Arizona water tastes disgusting. That's the only reason I drink RO water. I have zero health concerns, it's all about the taste or rather removing the taste. I drank tap in Chicago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The charcoal filter on my fridge absolutely makes the water taste better, but the tap water isn't too terrible here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My dog drinks from the toilet all the time. Sometimes he stands in front of me while I am pooping so he can get a drink when I'm done. It seems to work for him.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My dog drinks from the toilet all the time. Sometimes he stands in front of me while I am pooping so he can get a drink when I'm done. It seems to work for him.
one of the first things i bought once my dog died was those toilet tablets, i kinda did miss the blue water.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My new 43" curved Samsung just arrived. I'm so happy!

Amazon.com: Samsung UN43KU7500 Curved 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model): Electronics

New 43.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users