The "Shit I just bought" thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone have any luck or success with any of the bed-in-a-box companies? The intermediate priced Casper product is one of the most highly rated foam beds out there for $995.

Bought my mother a Cocoon. My mother had her mattress for 10 years? So take this with a grain of salt. She claims she never wakes up during the night any longer. And thinks I'm an idiot for not purchasing one. That's pretty good praise for a senior citizen.

Also Cocoon lets you keep it for some retarded amount of time, like a few months, and you can return it no problem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My brother has bought a couple of those things, not even the Casper but Amazon knockoffs that are way cheaper for his guest rooms and I haven't slept on them but everybody that stays there seems to like the bed.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have a Tuft and Needle.

It's not a very comfortable mattress and the "no sag" promise is crap. Started sagging in the middle within 8 months. It does stay cool though so it has that going for it I guess.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
wife and i tested the Leesa and Tuft and Needle before settling on the mid tier Casper. The Leesa and Tuft and Needle were both pretty shitty with alot of sag. The casper is nice and supportive and sleep through the night now without waking up to hip or shoulder pain.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My brother has the Casper and says it's great. I'm thinking about getting the Purple after reading some reviews. I'm due for a new mattress soon.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
wife and i tested the Leesa and Tuft and Needle before settling on the mid tier Casper. The Leesa and Tuft and Needle were both pretty shitty with alot of sag. The casper is nice and supportive and sleep through the night now without waking up to hip or shoulder pain.

Just bought the mid-tiered Casper as you mentioned. For anyone reading, they do a promotion that gives you $75 off and $50 gift card to amazon for a referral. Just sent a referral to my second email and worked a charm.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry Gents, 5 years ago I spent TOO much money on a latex Sterns and Foster and its by far pure bliss for sleeping.....

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Toys r us had a glitch that was causing anything that you ordered along with a pair of $5 kids slippers to be half price, so I ordered a lego Death Star. They cancelled the slippers but actually shipped the LEGO set. Even at half price I’m kinda regretting it, shit was still expensive

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Things for me: MICHELIN® X® LT A/S, set of 4.
Things for Steady: Stonewolf Golf Club Gift Cards and 2 Dozen Callaway Chromesoft X golf balls (personalized in a smart-assed manner...I am dying for him to open those!).

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I can't remember who on the board mentioned these things, but I got in a set of these Salux wash cloths: https://www.amazon.com/Salux-Nylon-...?ie=UTF8&qid=1518934928&sr=8-1&keywords=salux

I came out of the shower smooth as fuck. I usually have dried skin all over my towel when I dry off, no matter how hard I go with my usual loofa, but not today. A+, would scrub with again. Gave one to my BF, sending one over to my mom.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You know, I hate having money, because then I buy things like that and feel dumb about it almost immediately after. Oh well, I'm down for some smooth skin. At least in this case dumb as fuck purchase is $10

• 1Worf

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pick it up Saturday!

F165D7C1-94F3-44BB-B548-18DF73E4ACAB.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Got "dirty mouth" tooth powder... its odd and I still kinda cringe when I start because its a different texture than toothpaste - but it is seemingly working really well. My mouth and breath are more neutral than "fresh" - and that feeling lasts longer, not just for 10 min I smell minty then not- I keep this "neutral" feeling for a long time. I cannot tell if its helping yet with sensitivity or whiting, but I haven't noticed any issues or cold/hot hits of pain. I still use antiseptic mouthwash every now and then.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Got "dirty mouth" tooth powder... its odd and I still kinda cringe when I start because its a different texture than toothpaste - but it is seemingly working really well. My mouth and breath are more neutral than "fresh" - and that feeling lasts longer, not just for 10 min I smell minty then not- I keep this "neutral" feeling for a long time. I cannot tell if its helping yet with sensitivity or whiting, but I haven't noticed any issues or cold/hot hits of pain. I still use antiseptic mouthwash every now and then.
I have been seeing ads for that, was interested enough to bookmark it. I am sensitive to most toothpastes so this intrigues me. Please review again in regards the sensitivity and whitening!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Toys r us had a glitch that was causing anything that you ordered along with a pair of $5 kids slippers to be half price, so I ordered a lego Death Star. They cancelled the slippers but actually shipped the LEGO set. Even at half price I’m kinda regretting it, shit was still expensive
Got it yesterday

295FBDA3-726E-4B99-8390-820DA31E86B5.jpeg

• 4Like

Siliconemelons

I have been seeing ads for that, was interested enough to bookmark it. I am sensitive to most toothpastes so this intrigues me. Please review again in regards the sensitivity and whitening!

For whitening I cannot really say, my teeth seem "white" but they are not really "white-white" like TV actors or anything, I would rate them normal... I drink coffee daily and do not have any stains or issues that are horrific. I cannot say if this improved them any - I did buy the "black peppermint" as that on amazon is listed as a "whitening" one - but in actuality they all are, and the black peppermint makes a huge mess everywhere lol.

For sensitivity I always have had a tube of sensidyne or however you spell it- I had it to use on and off as needed - I have not used it since I started the tooth powder - but its also only been about a month. My K9's at the gum-line have sensitivity I noticed if I stick my fingernail into the tooth - so I have been using that as my measurement - it seems to be getting less (via re-hardening..supposedly) - but it could be placebo.

Are their facebook adds commentable? they used to be, but now all I see is "share" - I think they blocked me because I responded to someone in an ad - it was a positive statement...so its odd..so I am internet butthurt they would have blocked me and dont want to buy their shit...but I do like it...so I may just suck it up and tuck in my epeen and order another.

I didn't do their free sample (10$ shipping) - nor their sample pack, I just bought 1 full thing and it came with a free hippy green earth bamboo toothbrush - its a decent brush but lost some bristles a few times to start.

Some of their other flavors may result in a more "powerful" freshness - the black peppermint is mild, but the "clean feeling" lasts imo longer than normal paste

** Just re-read their website, its kinda a mess, but now I do see that the "black XYZ" is meant to be their whitening formula as it has charcoal in it

"*When making the switch to Dirty Mouth Toothpowder, we suggest brushing with the regular formula for one month (to help remineralize the enamel) before using the Black formula.

So, whatever lol - They also show "how much you should use" in a little picture- I think I am using too much as this 1oz is not lasting me 3 months or whatever...it says 200 brushings? so 100 days? thats 3mo..

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Here's my biggest problem with this tooth powder. It's made by a company called Primal Life Organics. So I'm skeptical right out of the gate.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I come from a family of dentists and hygienists. Those products are a fucking waste of your money. Use regular Crest and floss and you'll see the same results. If you want the "actor white" teeth, you're either going to have to use a peroxide based gel with trays (like invisaline with bumps over each tooth to hold the gel), or get UV treatment. No over the counter product is going to make your teeth white like that (and personally I think looks ridiculous anyway). First, teeth aren't naturally white. Second, they're porous, so they're going to absorb anything you eat, drink or smoke. Most of these products, especially carbon based like charcoal rinses, will pull shit out of your teeth, but will leave them incredibly sensitive if you don't also use Sensadyne (a heavy flouride based toothpaste), and a calcium enriched toothpaste like Crest Complete, to fill the pores. Also, enamel will grow readily if you're supplying your diet with plenty of calcium (Tums, for example).

• 4Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just ordered speakers and amp to replace the stock units in my vehicle, as well as a washer and dryer set since our washer just shit the bed at almost exactly 7 years. Any suggestions on an amp kit, or just "get whatever 4ga kit"?

Infinity Kappa 62ix
Infinity Reference 704a

Samsung 5.2 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Top Load Washer with Steam and Activewash in Black Stainless Steel, ENERGY STAR-WA52M7750AV - The Home Depot

Samsung 7.4 cu. ft. Electric Dryer with Steam in Black Stainless Steel, ENERGY STAR-DVE52M7750V - The Home Depot

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I uh... "needed" a new video card. You might remember I'm the cheap fuck usually spending ~300€ every three years to upgrade my pc with outdated middle class parts (last run got me a new motherboard, cpu, video card, and RAM). Decided it's time again and got me a
Asus PH-GTX1050TI-4G for 180 eurobucks. I know it's not top of the line but it's going to be good enough for WoW and Elite Dangerous.