The "Shit I just bought" thread

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Google Chromecast is great- If you have plex- I subbed to plex 3$ a month and I can watch any video on my desktop from anywhere. Literally if I have a internet connection or cell phone connection it streams it on my devices. I don't pay for fucking cable TV fuck them

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just got these installed yesterday, car is running incredible now after a bit of tuning.

1557516_753043371392008_1644933599_n.jpg

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Amazon.com - Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Wet/Dry Vacuum, FH40010B- We have long had a problem keeping our tile floor cleaned and I simply loathe mopping. As such, I gave this thing a try and have been pretty happy with the job that it does. I don't have a wood/laminate floor to try it on, but it is supposed to work well for them too.

rrr_img_59885.jpg

Amazon.com: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball: Electronics- I needed a good mouse to use while sitting in the recliner. Highly recommended.

rrr_img_59886.jpg

Amazon.com: PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station, Large, PFD17-11856: Pet Supplies- This thing has dramatically improved my quality of life. With three bigass dogs chugging water, I only have to refill the thing every few days. It also seems to stay cleaner than the 2 stainless water bowls I was using prior to this purchase.

rrr_img_59887.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazon.com: PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station, Large, PFD17-11856: Pet Supplies- This thing has dramatically improved my quality of life. With three bigass dogs chugging water, I only have to refill the thing every few days. It also seems to stay cleaner than the 2 stainless water bowls I was using prior to this purchase.
Does it limit how much water it releases? One of my mom's small little dogs sometimes decided to play in the water, which involves splashing it all over the fuckin' place. We had one like this for them before.

5828539_f520.jpg

Until one time it was empty about 25 minutes after filling. She thought it was the best toy ever.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Amazon.com: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball: Electronics- I needed a good mouse to use while sitting in the recliner. Highly recommended.

rrr_img_59886.jpg
I wish they made mice like these, without the bullshit trackball attached. I'm sick of mice being made for people with female-sized hands. I used to have a Logitech mouse, circa 1999, that I absolutely loved. Most comfortable mouse I've ever owned. I've searched hell and back trying to find something similar.

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Water bowl slowly releases water to fill the bowl ... definitely slower than something purely gravity fed.

As for the mouse, I'm unclear what you mean about "the bullshit trackball attached". I had one of the corded logitech trackballs c.1999 with the red ball and I liked it ... and this one quite a bit. Recommended if you haven't tried it. Only downside is having to pop the ball out and clean the little rollers.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As for the mouse, I'm unclear what you mean about "the bullshit trackball attached". I had one of the corded logitech trackballs c.1999 with the red ball and I liked it ... and this one quite a bit. Recommended if you haven't tried it. Only downside is having to pop the ball out and clean the little rollers.
I can't stand trackballs. Lack of precision and ease of use.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I use a trackball in bed to control MPC. I always hated those little keyboards / remotes so this was the obvious choice. Got pretty good with it over the years. One day I'll install PLEX or something that provides an appropriate interface.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My god fucking trackballs. Inevitably when you work in IT there is always one asshole that brings his beloved trackball to work, usually some ancient POS caked with hand dandruff and a sticky right click. Then you sit down to fix their IT problem and feel like some gimped retard with a hand tremor as you vainly try and fix their computer problem, but clicking the icon you want feels like a game of pin the tail on the donkey..

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The phrase "caked hand dundruff" makes me glad I'm not in IT.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My dad is "that guy". Had to fix his computer and it was the worst day of my life. He swears by them and claims the accuracy is way better. He also told me when I put more RAM in his PC that his screen looked "way sharper", so there's that.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The phrase "caked hand dundruff" makes me glad I'm not in IT.
Dude, you'd be amazed at the latrine like state of some people's mouse/keyboards. Like 4 years worth of food, grease, and skin particulate collected between the keys. Most will occasionally at least wipe down their mouse and blow out their keyboard, but there's always that slob whose keyboard looks like he just threw up all over it, and whose mouse trackwheel looks like something out of an STD textbook. There was one guy that was so bad I would visit his desk wearing surgical gloves.

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have big problems with trackballs that are driven by index finger or whole hand ... but I find the thumb versions like the above fairly intuitive and stable.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just be glad that almost no one has mice with the roller balls in them anymore. Was doing tech support once with a customer over the phone when his mouse was skipping on his screen. I asked him to take a ball out and see if the plastic rollers needed to be cleaned. He replied "I think they're fine, but mine aren't plastic, I think they're made of felt or something". I about gagged just from the description over the phone.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
He doesn't have any pets. He just likes to refill and clean that thing once a week.