The Spring 2019 Anime Thread

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Isekai Quartet continues to be funny shit. Hopefully they get in some jokes involving Emilia and Megumin at some point, as they're played by the same actress.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Never thought to check the cast list, amazed that's the only overlap

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
There's a few more, just on more minor characters - Subaru is Grantz, and Puck is Mare (the female Overlord twin). I'm sure if you dig through the extended cast from each show there's more too, but I'm too lazy to look that far.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So it's looking like we might get some quality villains in Shield Hero? Spear retard and his mustache twirling girlfriend were getting tiresome.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Considering next ep's title that guy is probably going down quickly.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Quartet was great. I knew Aqua was going to attack Ainz for her talent. Darkness was just fucking funny. I missed Megumin's explosion...

Also,

Re:Zero s2 trailer dropped recently:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Carole and Tuesday just gets better and better.

OPM continues to drag the fuck on like a normal fighting anime. Which is tiring. Half the episode of Garo fucking around with Metal Bat then fucking off and an entire 3 episode or more build up of Saitama going to a retarded fighting tournament.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
OPM continues to drag the fuck on like a normal fighting anime. Which is tiring. Half the episode of Garo fucking around with Metal Bat then fucking off and an entire 3 episode or more build up of Saitama going to a retarded fighting tournament.

Dude, we all know how OPM is going to end, so just STFU and enjoy the ride.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I must be watching a different OPM than you guys. The buildup here is exactly how the buildup to the "real" fighting worked in season 1. The beginning of OPM S1 was kind boring if you were only interested in the fighting.

And the animation doesn't seem bad to me at all. Maybe it's not up to S1 standards but it's not bad and certainly not "atrocious"

• 3Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I must be watching a different OPM than you guys. The buildup here is exactly how the buildup to the "real" fighting worked in season 1. The beginning of OPM S1 was kind boring if you were only interested in the fighting.

And the animation doesn't seem bad to me at all. Maybe it's not up to S1 standards but it's not bad and certainly not "atrocious"

There was character buildup and introduction in season 1. Now that we know the players and what they can do, the tournament is pretty useless filler at this. There isn't even any comedy in it since they keep showing scrubs fight and not OPM.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We don't know all the players or what they can do...

We've already seen that there may be one other guy in this martial arts tournament that is powerful enough to be S Class. We have no real idea about Garou, and we don't know exactly how powerful these new monsters are.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
There was character buildup and introduction in season 1. Now that we know the players and what they can do, the tournament is pretty useless filler at this. There isn't even any comedy in it since they keep showing scrubs fight and not OPM.

Except it's not filler. It's LITERALLY following the manga. The point of OPM is to fuck with the normal flow. The buildup is that there isn't a buildup. You're also going to be really disappointed when it gets closer to the manga. There were a pretty substantial amount of chapters where he wasn't even in them.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Except it's not filler. It's LITERALLY following the manga. The point of OPM is to fuck with the normal flow. The buildup is that there isn't a buildup.

Ok...following the manga. Manga must have been boring during the tourney.

The point of OPM is to poke fun at the usual anime tropes and heroics. This season has had a couple great episodes, then some pretty meh episodes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Demon Hunter continues to up the ante. Fucking baller episode today. Shield Hero was mostly a filler episode this week, but hopefully that means they have another season left before they are done.

• 1Like