The struggle is real

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gunnar came on a bit strong, and Big P too. But the basic advice is sound. People with these long streaks generally have some contributing factors that kinda hold them back. And it's stuff that can be indirect to the problems they actually end up having. It's not that they are a bad person or anything, it's just not either having learned certain skills or having enough caution and forward thinking.

And please noodle, this is tame on FOH even among stuff in "grown up stuff".

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Let's be real. This is some faggot working a random Craigslist off the book, pretending it's real....and complaining it fell apart.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Waking up to a random flat tire? Motherfucker, learn to give yourself time for shit like this. If you don't have fucking time in the morning to throw a spare on, air up a tire, etc you aren't giving yourself enough time. Walk the fuck outside and check shit. God fucking damn. This one triggers me the goddamn most. I give myself a fucking hour of lee-way in the morning. I check my shit. Something fucking happens? I can probably fucking handle it before being late for work. Jesus fuck you whiny cunt. And most mornings? I get to enjoy a smoke and a cup of coffee in the back yard with my leeway. Its fucking great.

Not getting a parking pass? Fuck, relying on others to do your shit. 100% your fucking fault. See point fucking one.

Damn dude. I can probably think of 10 things in a drunken stupor that you just can't prepare for. Unless you're Batman or something. You always got the shark repellent bat spray on hand?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Damn dude. I can probably think of 10 things in a drunken stupor that you just can't prepare for. Unless you're Batman or something. You always got the shark repellent bat spray on hand?

I was a lot more shocked by the assertion that he's willing to essentially give his employer an hour of unpaid overtime every single day just so he can avoid being late to work once in a while. Where do you people work where this kind of slavish dedication is expected?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I was a lot more shocked by the assertion that he's willing to essentially give his employer an hour of unpaid overtime every single day just so he can avoid being late to work once in a while. Where do you people work where this kind of slavish dedication is expected?

How is waking up early enough that i have an hour in case things go wrong giving my employer ab hour of unpaid overtime?

Even if i got to work an hour early (i am generally there 10 to 15 minutes early) how is that a big fucking deal?

Jesus. Maybe putting in a little bit of extra effort is the reason i went from level 1 tech to director in a year

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider

Im just sating i wake up early enough that hearing of bad traffic on the radio, needing to change a tire, etc in the morning isnt going to be a fuck fuck fucm situation.

And on 90% of days that that shit isnt needed i enjoy a nice coffee and smoke watching the sunrise.

I dont get how this is slavish behavior.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I went through everything on your list decades ago except I was a roofer/framer. I slept in my car which had no 3rd/overdrive and no reverse for 3 months until I had enough to put down deposit/first month on a small apartment. The next month I even had power! Here is the part you can't see right now.
I met the lady I've lived with for over 20 years because she allowed me to run an extension cord to power a mini fridge for a month. After a year of being neighbors and she came to learn I wasn't a total worthless piece of crap who had no money for utilities starting off we moved in together. Things have a funny way of just working out. You may get a little beat up and hungry but compared to most countries even homeless and broke you got it made.

You are going to get knocked down in life. Almost everyone here has been through some sort of hardships in one form or another. It makes you stronger. It teaches you lessons if you will listen and hopefully it teaches you not to always just blame someone else.

There is always something you can do to better your life. Learn something new everyday. Never give up and learn from it. Most importantly do not try to cut corners in the field of contracting. Everyone will use you. You are there to enrich someone else's check. Get a job at a honest company and work yourself up the right way. Yes it will take you probably a decade or better before you own your own business but trust me having owned mine you are not ready for that responsibility.

Do this and in the end you will come out your own boss and maybe not even serve prison time or have everything yanked from you for life. Don't do it and keep trying to beat the system and you'll just be either some employers play toy for life or worse.

I've had numerous times when the world was ending. Flat broke, near death, heartbroken. Game over!
I am still sitting here with my cat on my lap, watching satellite and typing this message with a full belly and the sun has just come up yet another time. Life goes on and it is wonderful.
I hope things work out for you.

• 9Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jesus. Maybe putting in a little bit of extra effort is the reason i went from 40k to 6 figures in a year?

I love the instant anyone on this forum gets a bit of money it becomes a topic in completely unrelated posts

• 1Like

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I love the instant anyone on this forum gets a bit of money it becomes a topic in completely unrelated posts

But I love you..

But since you're all fucking butthurt, I changed it to read:

Jesus. Maybe putting in a little bit of extra effort is the reason i went from level 1 tech to director in a year

• 1Like

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I found $20 today, think I might hit up Taco Bell. I'm feeling a quesadilla

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Facing the prospect of losing my loft apt back at the end of April definitely lit a fire under my ass.

We all go thru shit. It's about figuring out how handle a bad hand. Shit, at least half of my problems/fuckups throughout my life were my fault!

But I learn d from it and keep making progress. Good luck OP!

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
But I love you..

But since you're all fucking butthurt, I changed it to read:

I know a guy who went from tech 1 to director in six months for a medium size school district. Pretty sweet for him, but lost all respect for him once he started talking about how they have to drive around a lot because they can't afford to implement a remote solution... Pretty pathetic when someone doesn't know how to utilize Group Policy and RDP, or sign up for a free ScreenConnect account, but I'm sure he felt entitled to the position. Point being effort can mean a lot of things. Going from tech 1 with zero experience to director in a year makes for an inexperienced director who put a lot of "effort" into playing politics and greasing the right knobs.

Sad that the typical human behavior is to pat yourself on the back when things are good, and blame external circumstances when they aren't. I've always been amazed at the power of rationalization. Sales are up? We are the best executive team ever, we are driving this company into the future. Sales are down? Our suppliers are idiots, the weather didn't cooperate, our employees don't know what they're doing. It's really quite pathetic. The corporate world makes me disgusted with humanity even though I've been fairly successful myself.

As far as the original poster goes. He definitely has himself to blame for a lot of his issues, but let's not pretend that effort in general will solve his issues. He lacks forethought, and putting forth a high degree of effort without the right opportunity rarely yields the same results. My advice, stay the fuck away from temp hiring agencies. I don't care if you do a basic hourly job for $10.00 an hour. You are better off trying to work your way up in a retail store or something then continuing with that under the table/temp agency bs.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users