The Suicide Squad (2021)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The fact that they came out with the same movie two times in like the last 4 years has me never wanting to see this... but then, all the good reviewers are saying its great. This is a dilemma.
it was better than tomorrow war if you want to just fast forward whenever there is a mexican on screen and when harley is on screen then it's probably the best movie of 2021

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The movie would've been fine if you cut out all of Harley. Jesus fucking Christ, the amount of simping neckbeards and dorky ass, fucking autistic "nerd"(basically, the Mists of the world) chicks that go apeshit over her has spawned a neverending torrent of cringe since the fucking animated series. That character has always been absolute dogshit and the horrible goddamn accent Robbie uses just makes it that much worse.

If not for her, this movie might've actually reached "good" status. Because of her, it's absolutely average at best.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're never going to get Man of Steel level action again. How much of this movie was plain old guns or regular rats? Not even mutated or powered up rats. This was a bad superpower movie.

They need to write a quality animated movie.. then convert that to live action. DC starting with the live version fails to capture "super" anything.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We're never going to get Man of Steel level action again. How much of this movie was plain old guns or regular rats? Not even mutated or powered up rats. This was a bad superpower movie.

They need to write a quality animated movie.. then convert that to live action. DC starting with the live version fails to capture "super" anything.
arent they making a halfassed attempt at remaking Flashpoint Paradox into live action?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The movie would've been fine if you cut out all of Harley. Jesus fucking Christ, the amount of simping neckbeards and dorky ass, fucking autistic "nerd"(basically, the Mists of the world) chicks that go apeshit over her has spawned a neverending torrent of cringe since the fucking animated series. That character has always been absolute dogshit and the horrible goddamn accent Robbie uses just makes it that much worse.

If not for her, this movie might've actually reached "good" status. Because of her, it's absolutely average at best.
So glad Im not the only one who hates Harley. Margot does a fine job but I just cannot stand the character at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The original Dini character was quite fun. Dizty smart girl falls for the wrong clown, it can happen to any head shrink, ya know?

But Mary Sueitis had to strike again, whether in the comics or the movies I dunno, but she now has to be a whamyn like all the rest. Feh.

Xerge

<Donor>
arent they making a halfassed attempt at remaking Flashpoint Paradox into live action?
Yes with multiple batmans, multiple flashes, and supergirl appearances. It's also connecting Gal's WW and a rumor about a supes cameo as well. DCEU is constructing a big mess I think

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The original Dini character was quite fun. Dizty smart girl falls for the wrong clown, it can happen to any head shrink, ya know?

But Mary Sueitis had to strike again, whether in the comics or the movies I dunno, but she now has to be a whamyn like all the rest. Feh.
I just think she's a character that translates terribly to live action. She works great in cartoons, even the animated Suicide Squad movies, and her standalone cartoon is one of the funniest things I've seen in my entire life. When it's animated, it doesn't stand out quite so much that she's a fucking sidekick who shouldn't be able to keep up with real villains like Killer Frost or Deadshot, but in live action it's really glaringly 'WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BRING THE CRAZY BITCH WITH A BASEBALL BAT'

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
glad this shit pile bombed at the box office no matter how much money WB spent to bribe critics to get the RT score to 95%

hopefully this franchise is finally dead

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
the Peacemaker TV show starring John Cena, exec produced by James Gunn, is almost finished production and will air in 2022. HBO needs to massively beef up its content library to compete with Netflix and Disney so you will certainly see a ton of other DC tv shows on HBO Max, as they make way more sense than $150m movies.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the Peacemaker TV show starring John Cena, exec produced by James Gunn, is almost finished production and will air in 2022. HBO needs to massively beef up its content library to compete with Netflix and Disney so you will certainly see a ton of other DC tv shows on HBO Max, as they make way more sense than $150m movies.

oh thats why cena apologized to china

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>

Are we past spoilers for this 7ish out of 10 movie yet? Fuck John Cena and them trying rehab his shit character as a hero protagonist after making him a a funny sociopathic murderous frenemy for the whole movie.
He killed Flagg, tried to kill Dubois and then are going to bring him back as the hero? Did he kill more Squad members than Viola Davis this time?
Double fuck them.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol the pitch just reminded me what was said earlier about how bad the "Thinker" sucked.

C'mon Gunn, we know you got ideas...

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cena is a oriental express prostitute but he is a talented actor. He has that magnetic screen presence that forces you to look at and listen to him when he says something. He takes what he is doing very serious and has S tier deadpan comedy delivery. He also does a decent job at acting emotional. He is convincing in such a ridiculous role as a cheesy comic book hero who wears a polished chrome toilet bowl for a helmet. Most other actors would fall flat as fuck trying to pull that character off.

he makes it look easy. I am a Cena fan.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Cena is a oriental express prostitute but he is a talented actor. He has that magnetic screen presence that forces you to look at and listen to him when he says something. He takes what he is doing very serious and has S tier deadpan comedy delivery. He also does a decent job at acting emotional. He is convincing in such a ridiculous role as a cheesy comic book hero who wears a polished chrome toilet bowl for a helmet. Most other actors would fall flat as fuck trying to pull that character off.

he makes it look easy. I am a Cena fan.
the problem isnt even douchebags like Cena anymore, its where the fuck is the DCEU headed with any of this? is there a "plan" or are these just a bunch of movies that have nothing to do with anything else? also is the Gunn humor route the new way or is it a one off like everything else?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
the problem isnt even douchebags like Cena anymore, its where the fuck is the DCEU headed with any of this? is there a "plan" or are these just a bunch of movies that have nothing to do with anything else? also is the Gunn humor route the new way or is it a one off like everything else?

One off for sure. Imagine the Pattinson Batman being reworked to be Gunn's style

• 1Like