The Suicide Squad (2021)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

What little he did as the Joker in the Snyder JL (in the epilogue) wasn't bad at all.

I disagree, I hate everything about Leto's Joker and it ruined the end times epilogue, for me.

It looked like was doing a poor impression of Hammal's Joker voice, while using some mopey mannerisms. If he was in this movie, I doubt I would watch it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I don't think Leto ruins the epilogue scene but I'm definitely biased against him after how terrible he was in Suicide Squad.

I'm actually conflicted because the scene is interesting but the very idea of Joker and Batman being forced together because of the end of the world is fucking dumb, and probably just more edgy Snyder trash. The same complaints questioning what value Harley brings to the Suicide Squad, being nothing more than a crazy chick with a bat, are basically doubled when it comes to the end of the world squad because not only is he just a normal dude, he's actively sabotaging the team by trying to provoke violence from Batman.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I thought King Shark was originally Brian Poseihn. I could be wrong, maybe he did the capture for it and they got Stallone to do voice later. His boy Steve Agee is in it though.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Eh, I don't think Leto ruins the epilogue scene but I'm definitely biased against him after how terrible he was in Suicide Squad.

I'm actually conflicted because the scene is interesting but the very idea of Joker and Batman being forced together because of the end of the world is fucking dumb, and probably just more edgy Snyder trash. The same complaints questioning what value Harley brings to the Suicide Squad, being nothing more than a crazy chick with a bat, are basically doubled when it comes to the end of the world squad because not only is he just a normal dude, he's actively sabotaging the team by trying to provoke violence from Batman.
You should check out "Last Knight On Earth" , you can read the first issue free online. Has a variation of Batman forced to "work" with Joker.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
don't get me wrong, the CGI looks like trash, but stallone as a shark lol, fuck yah.
My problem is the Harley Quinn animated series has spoiled me on King Shark. I doubt Sly can measure up to that voice work.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I thought King Shark was originally Brian Poseihn. I could be wrong, maybe he did the capture for it and they got Stallone to do voice later. His boy Steve Agee is in it though.
Actually the "guy in the chair" for Waller (We got a Kaiju up in here) does the Mo-cap for King Shark.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
OK, that was a bunch of stupid jokes, but I actually laughed at them.
Me too. I would actually watch this.

I've always had a man-crush on Idris Elba and he looks fantastic in this. I agree with the comments, they are really trying to shoehorn Quinn into a household name and she just ends up being a hanger-on in everything.

• 2Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The second Gunn got Canceled from his jokes and DC picked him up right off the back I've been excited.

Margot was good casting but her character really needs joker or backstory

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
She's been a major character for quite awhile now. Also, that's how almost all characters start in comics.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea clearly none of you boomers have been paying attention. Harley is DCs biggest character aside from actual Batman himself and has been for some years now.

Movie actually looks decent somehow?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Except they screwed up royally on her stand-alone movie and are relying on a Marvel director to reboot her team-up persona as well as the animated series which is slow to release seasons due to covid. They are also are trying to take their batman actors around back and shotgun them instead of building something there too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its pretty sad that Batman is playing catchup to Iron Man now when just 13 years ago all we could talk about was Nolan's Batman as the best shit ever. and now they want to kick him out the door and start over again with a mediocre Batman that nobody ever asked for . how the fuck can you expect to build any damned thing on such a shitty foundation?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Uhh Gunn was originally fired because people remembered he made a ton of pedo jokes.
He made pedo jokes but as I said, I dont think anyone has ever accused him of doing anything. I havent ever seen anyone step forward with stories against him and when the whole fired from disney thing broke if there was anyone out there with a story im sure they would have rushed as fast as possible to cash in on that.

• 1Like