The Suicide Squad (2021)

spronk

FPS noob
full new trailer, i like the look

in theaters and HBO Max August 6th. interesting they are still sticking with HBO Max simul release for all these WB movies

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
eh, still looks alright. less excited now though because John Cena is a faggot.
eh.

i don't know how excited i was to begin with. GotG was great and refreshing. GotG 2 was significantly less so in both areas. Suicide Squad looks like it is clearly going to be extremely similar in tone and on top of that the trailer just clearly showed the beginning, middle and end of idris elba's entire storyline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will watch it. Its worth the high seas..

day talk GIF

Sterling

El Presidente
Track record for this property and DC movies in general is pretty much dogshit, but with a real director this might have a shot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Track record for this property and DC movies in general is pretty much dogshit, but with a real director this might have a shot.
theyve had real directors. award winning directors. for some reason when it comes to DC they all put their pants on head. i think the problem is they dont have real directors who also love the property. these people all come off as guns for hire.

j00t

theyve had real directors. award winning directors. for some reason when it comes to DC they all put their pants on head. i think the problem is they dont have real directors who also love the property. these people all come off as guns for hire.
superheroes are firmly in the zeitgeist right now. it's one of those things where as an actor you'd be stupid to turn down a marvel role. same thing with directors in that they get offered a tentpole movie and it feels like career suicide to turn them down when it ends up being career suicide to accept.

you're right, they aren't really invested in the world itself and it's painfully obvious. kenneth branaugh with thor 1 is a good example of that same thing happening with marvel movies

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
This will be the 2nd suicide squad movie where the main character is a black guy just trying to be with/take care of their kid... immersion broken

• 2Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Ok, let me rephrase. A director that made maybe the best MCU movie out of Z list shit characters.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You guys are just salty fanboys. This movies gonna be great. King Shark will not fail.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You guys are just salty fanboys. This movies gonna be great. King Shark will not fail.
not super salty, i liked Aquaman and Shazaam. first wonder woman was decent til the end. the DCEU biggest problem is their inconsistency with tone and story. why does Superman have to be grimdark, Wonder Woman have to be grimdark just because Batman is grimdark? Batman has been grimdark for over 30 years. he wasnt always that way. why he brought in WW and Supes into grimdarkness with him i have no idea. why does Shazaam get to be a lot of fun, but Supes has to allow his father to die in a stupid tornado and allow half of Metropolis be massacred because his sidepiece is in trouble? none of this is what i read in Superman comic books or saw in his TV shows and films. if i had, i wouldnt ever have been a fan. maybe i'm just old and missing that making Superman a fucking asshole is what the cool kids today are into. but Superman meant a lot to me as a kid.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

not super salty, i liked Aquaman and Shazaam. first wonder woman was decent til the end. the DCEU biggest problem is their inconsistency with tone and story. why does Superman have to be grimdark, Wonder Woman have to be grimdark just because Batman is grimdark? Batman has been grimdark for over 30 years. he wasnt always that way. why he brought in WW and Supes into grimdarkness with him i have no idea. why does Shazaam get to be a lot of fun, but Supes has to allow his father to die in a stupid tornado and allow half of Metropolis be massacred because his sidepiece is in trouble? none of this is what i read in Superman comic books or saw in his TV shows and films. if i had, i wouldnt ever have been a fan. maybe i'm just old and missing that making Superman a fucking asshole is what the cool kids today are into. but Superman meant a lot to me as a kid.
Nope, superman is superman for a reason. He's the one who gets to win the no-win scenarios. He's the one who gets to save the world, beat the bad guy, get the girl and have everyone love him for it. Superman isn't a person, he's an ideal and that's why you can't make him grimdark because it fundamentally changes that ideal. Same with captain America. Even when he turns against the government that made him and he sits at home questioning his place in the modern world it's not grimdark because it can't be.

• 2Like

Homsar

Im trying to piece the trailers together on whos going to get killed off, it looks like 4 chapters in the movie. Captain boomerang is barely in any trailers but is promoting this which odd, i think gunn is going to kill it getting free will, they already greenlit a bunch of crap before gunn filmed a quarter of the movie

Last edited:

j00t

Im trying to piece the trailers together on whos going to get killed off, it looks like 4 chapters in the movie. Captain boomerang is barely in any trailers but is promoting this which odd, i think gunn is going to kill it getting free will, they already greenlit a bunch of crap before gunn filmed a quarter of the movie
that's one of the more interesting aspects of the suicide squad. the entire concept of the comic was based around literally EVERYONE being expendable. when you watch something like avengers or whatever, there's really no anxiety about who will die. but with suicide squad you almost get a little hopeful for these poor saps that they MIGHT make it. which is what irritates me so much about the trailer telegraphing idris elba so blatently. /sigh oh well.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
lol, I didnt know Cena's character is getting a series on HBO.

• 1Like