The Tattoo Thread

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Aamry, I went to Megacon this past weekend and they had some really badass artists who specialize in Star Wars tatooo's. You might want to check out one of the big conventions like that in your area.
I don't think we ever get nerd conventions in Jacksonville. All we get is gun shows and boat shows, with the occasional car show.

I got the Imperial emblem done, Black with a red interior. I'll a post a picture after I get it touched up.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
What all have you thought about putting in it, of the Doctor Who stuff? Been thinking about putting either the Silence or the Doctor's fob watch on the under arm area, but I still have to get the main piece finished. Hopefully, I can get it all done before the next Doctor Who convention here (LA) in February.
I'll post a few of my favorite Who tatts tomorrow, but mine will have mine and my father's name in Gallifreyan, a jelly baby, roses growing around the TARDIS, a portion of Four's scarf, and I'm not sure what else. Dad's fav companions were Leela, Romana 2, and Sarah-Jane. He died before Who got rebooted,but he would have loved Rose, and he was a sucker for a redhead. I love Rory for his loyalty and love the angels...I love everything! *laughs* Maybe I should just wait until the 50th and see how that goes.
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Eonan

Doer of Things
Second session for my half sleeve, first was the outline which you can see portions of above the bulldog. More to come soon.
rrr_img_18672.jpg

rrr_img_18672.jpg

rrr_img_18672.jpg

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So i'm getting a bald spot on the back of my head and someone suggested I get an eyeball tattooed there (is covered when i'm wearing a hat, not too big of a bald spot... yet). Opinions?

Archangel_sl

shitlord
So i'm getting a bald spot on the back of my head and someone suggested I get an eyeball tattooed there (is covered when i'm wearing a hat, not too big of a bald spot... yet). Opinions?
If you're going to do an eyeball in a bald spot, which is quite common, I'd try to make it different somehow. Maybe go for the Third Eye/head Chakra look--but do your research for your area and get the *best* colourist you can afford. One who does kick-arse highlighting in colour can make the eye look like it is absolutely alive.

Alternatively, there are a lot of "dotters" making their mark now (no pun intended :p.( From what I understand, their work is all in single dots, much like Australian Aboriginal paintings, and I have seen a lot of ''re-grown hair" tattoos done by these people, who make it look like you have a permanent buzz cut.

Your skin is your canvas-- have fun with it!

Archangel_sl

shitlord
What all have you thought about putting in it, of the Doctor Who stuff? Been thinking about putting either the Silence or the Doctor's fob watch on the under arm area, but I still have to get the main piece finished. Hopefully, I can get it all done before the next Doctor Who convention here (LA) in February.
Okay, here are a few of the pictures that have inspired me with what sort of "feeling" I want my tattoo to have, as my homage to the show, and to the fantastic 15 or 20 years my father and I spent together as I grew up; me holding my breath and hiding from the Cybermen, and him chasing me around the house with a toilet plunger, shouting EXTERMINATE!!! The tattoo, when I finally come up with the design and save up the $500-600 I know it will cost, will go on the leg with my other memorial tattoos for him, to complete the lower leg. At least... that's what I am thinking at the moment. It will probably change. *laughs*

Firstly, I'm not intending on choosing a Doctor's face. With the way they regenerate, I don't want to add a new face every few years :p Plus, committing to a face, means committing to an incarnation, and I love them all except 7. *shudder* That being said, I *do like the cameo effect from that drawing, and may consider using my Dad's cameo. It is open for debate.

First group of pics: all a sort of melancholy typical Tardis-and-trinket, except for the cameo and the circle of Ten. I really would like to use that phrase, because I remember how upset I was when Four died, and turned into Five, and I really came to love him. I even met him once, when he was on a promotional tour. I was completely dumbstruck.

rrr_img_18750.jpg

rrr_img_18751.jpg

rrr_img_18753.jpg

rrr_img_18754.jpg

The final picture, with the Tardis and the poem, is just there to show a neat picture I liked. I wouldn't use the poem, because, as I said, I don't want to assign faces to it, when it will age well beyond those identities. The Doctor, the persona and character of him, is the only thing that stays. And the Tardis, of course!
smile.png

rrr_img_18750.jpg

rrr_img_18751.jpg

rrr_img_18753.jpg

rrr_img_18754.jpg

smile.png

rrr_img_18750.jpg

rrr_img_18751.jpg

rrr_img_18753.jpg

rrr_img_18754.jpg

smile.png

Archangel_sl

shitlord
And the last three designs that I would love to combine in some way, if only I had a fantabulous artist/creative genius friend. The image of Rory's dad, just sitting there having his lunch and swinging his legs out of the Tardis door is simply magical, and I would have them turn it into my Dad sitting there, looking down from above, watching over everything from his last great adventure. But there must be a kitty. At least one.

But I wouldn't want the Tardis plain; I'd want her all swirly and glowing like the final drawing, filled with power from the Time Vortex.

rrr_img_18755.jpg

rrr_img_18756.jpg

rrr_img_18757.jpg

So you see, these are the sort of feelings I want to evoke. Now, I've got a lot of VERY geeky and silly decisions to make whilst I save my money.

================================================== ==============================

I now return you to your regularly scheduled tatt thread, and share with you yet a different tatt I shall be getting, pure for the fact that I giggle like a schoolgirl everytime I see it. I'm counting it as my ?merican Traditional" piece, with my tongue firmly in-cheek:

rrr_img_18758.jpg

rrr_img_18755.jpg

rrr_img_18756.jpg

rrr_img_18757.jpg

rrr_img_18758.jpg

rrr_img_18755.jpg

rrr_img_18756.jpg

rrr_img_18757.jpg

rrr_img_18758.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WTF retarded shit from TV shows......

*OK, stupid comment. Guess I just don't get it, which is fine since it's not my ink.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Sooo Freakin' want this tattoo with a mild alteration....
dhOir.jpg
What alteration are you thinking of? Adding the actual text that belongs on the door? This looks like it has been professionally designed as a tattoo, and I'm really curious about the shape of the lightening, as well as the birds and the stars. I like it, I'm just curious
smile.png

businesscats_sl

shitlord
Started my Swamp Thing full sleeve today. Sat for about 3 hours, line work only. Covering up 3 tattoos with this: a resistor symbol on the wrist, a cartoon tiger on the inner forearm, and a cosmonaut on the upper arm. The cosmonaut is either going to end up as a tree or we'll work it into the design, somehow. All of the art is from the first 2 trades of new 52 Swamp Thing with the 'main piece' being from theissue #18 cover. Any empty space will be filled in, most likely, with the psychedelic/trippy parts from that cover.

rrr_img_23137.jpg

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Started my Swamp Thing full sleeve today. Sat for about 3 hours, line work only. Covering up 3 tattoos with this: a resistor symbol on the wrist, a cartoon tiger on the inner forearm, and a cosmonaut on the upper arm. The cosmonaut is either going to end up as a tree or we'll work it into the design, somehow. All of the art is from the first 2 trades of new 52 Swamp Thing with the 'main piece' being from theissue #18 cover. Any empty space will be filled in, most likely, with the psychedelic/trippy parts from that cover.
That looks fucking sick