The Tattoo Thread

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
douchebag bro tribal to hipster sleeve - make sure you get that flower pocket tee-shirt to go with your flower sleeve. lol

anyways, if you ask on /r/tattoos on reddit (or somewhere artist hang out) i'm sure the artists there could give you a good idea. most will tell you to just do to your artist and see what he can do.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
A couple of our work clients do laser tattoo removal and I can pretty much say with some certainty (due to size and all that blue) that you'll never get that thing completely gone. Greens, blues and purples are the hardest to remove but I believe there's a new type of laser out now called the PicoSure that can handle them better-than-average.

Either way, something that size is going to cost you a shit-ton of money to get removed. Our client's price is $370 per session on a 6" x 6" area, and some can take 10+ sessions. Edit - just saw that PicoSure treatments can be up to double the cost per treatment... so, yeah.

Maybe look into a cover up instead.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just burn it off, bro. You can tattoo your sweet new skin graft from your butt cheeks

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Seriously, though-- that is a LOT of solid ink to either remove or cover. If the pattern was just lines, it would be sooo much easier. All I can say is don't make an equally rash decision about removing or altering it, and wind up with something even worse that you will hate in 10 more years when you are a completely different person, again.

Maybe it could be turned into a planet, like Jupiter or Saturn, something with a lot of colour and you could make a solar system out of. It's the only thing round I can think of without turning it into a tyre.

dawg021_sl

shitlord
getting a cover up done starting next week on this sweet "Im 17 and in the army reserve" tattoo. the word friend looks so fucked up because he misspelled it... yea Awesome.

rrr_img_36217.jpg

This is whats going over it.

rrr_img_36218.jpg

It is a bronze Plaque that was created by Silvia Pecota it is titled "Fallen Comrade" One of the plaques was on the Canadian Memorial in Kandahar Air Field until the end of our combat mission.

http://www.silviapecota.com/

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
2 flowers and a pumpkin!

And now you are officially cursed to always see that as a tiny little pumpkin on top.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
And now you are officially cursed to always see that as a tiny little pumpkin on top.
Damn, now all I can see is the pumpkin, too. >_<

Has anyone seen a person first-hand with a purely white-ink tattoo? I've seen photos, all taken at the time of inking, though. Nothing to show how they heal and last. I'm curious about their image effects.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So I am going to check with my doctor about this when I see her next month, but figured I would toss it out here in case anyone has any experience. I have been on coumadin (blood thinners) for years, and will be on them for the rest of my life. I have really been thinking about getting another tattoo, but I am unsure of the possibility because of the blood thinners. Anyone have any experience with this, or know someone that has gone through it? I know you don't bleed a ton when getting a tattoo, but even small cuts on me can sometimes bleed a decent amount. I mean I have never had a cut that was bleeding uncontrollably or anything, but I am just unsure of how much extra bleeding it would cause with a tattoo.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Damn, now all I can see is the pumpkin, too. >_<

Has anyone seen a person first-hand with a purely white-ink tattoo? I've seen photos, all taken at the time of inking, though. Nothing to show how they heal and last. I'm curious about their image effects.
I have a tattoo I got in 1998 thats got about 30% yellow in one section, and 30% white in another. The artist tried to talk me out of it saying that yellow and white are the two worst colors as far as fading goes, and that within a couple of years I would have to get them filled in again, forever, every few years. So, 15 years later the white has probably faded about 40%, its still noticeably lighter than my actual; skin, but not nearly as white as it used to be. The yellow on the other hand is like 80% gone (I didn't even realize until just now when I looked), there are patches, where it is still yellow, but a good portion is just straight up skintone now. I would probably cost me all of $60 or something to go get them filled back in though, so not the end of the world.

I'll see if I can dig up pics from 98 and comparisons to now later.

Also, on a side topic, anyone love tattoo's, want more, but wish all the ones you have were different? I have 5, and while I loved them all at the time, I wish I could erase them and do something different now. I'm guessing thats very common, as our tastes change as we get older, and even though I realize that 15 years from now I would probably feel the exact same thing (wanting to change them again), I still love tat's, and plan on getting more at some point. At the very least I need to get the words "hypocrite!" in a circulur border around my big ass SXE (straight edge) tattoo thats on the center of my back. Who would have guessed at 18 that my good friends the police, and the totally true and accurate D.A.R.E. program might not be 100% right?!

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Well, is it regret if you go "Damn, I wish I didn't do these upper arm tattoo's because I really want to do some bad ass full sleeves, and now all my arm real estate is used >_<".

I guess its still sort of regret, but only because I want mooooore. I don't regret having sex with this girl I met, but I sure wish I could have set up a threesome with her friend.... kind of regret.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Do you guys have any experience with laser tattoo removal? I got a shitty tribal tattoo when I was 18 that I cannot fucking stand now 10 years later. Sadly, it was done by a professional, it has barely faded over 10 years. Now i'm debating on either laser tattoo removal or getting a better cover up. From my online research, tattoo removal looks sketchy at best. The only people with decent results have awful single color prison tattoos.

Attached is a pic from when I first got it done at 18, you can tell I was a fucking douchebag by the tank top and sweet bro necklace. How hard would this be to cover up? I wouldn't want it to go too much further down my arm, I just want it to not look like a big fucking fagotty swirl.

I would love something like this, I just don't know if it's possible unless I get the tattoo extended further down my arm.http://24.media.tumblr.com/5e8e03f45...ao2o2_1280.jpg

rrr_img_35248.jpg
Be a man and get some black work done. If I had some money I'd probably get my left leg done but Portland tattoo artists all charge way too much(120~ an hour) even as a mediocre artist.
rrr_img_37755.jpg

Archangel_sl

shitlord
So I am going to check with my doctor about this when I see her next month, but figured I would toss it out here in case anyone has any experience. I have been on coumadin (blood thinners) for years, and will be on them for the rest of my life. I have really been thinking about getting another tattoo, but I am unsure of the possibility because of the blood thinners. Anyone have any experience with this, or know someone that has gone through it? I know you don't bleed a ton when getting a tattoo, but even small cuts on me can sometimes bleed a decent amount. I mean I have never had a cut that was bleeding uncontrollably or anything, but I am just unsure of how much extra bleeding it would cause with a tattoo.
The only experience I have had personally is that the people who did my first tatt (Voodoo Ink in Melbourne, Australia) said they wouldn't work on me if I'd been taking blood thinners--at the time, Inwas dealing with hypertension. I was fine for my next four, which were done at a different shop a few years leather, and that one didn't even ask about blood conditions.

In the end, I think speaking with your GP and your artist are great ideas.