The Tattoo Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Very surprised that I couldn't find an ink thread, so I figured I would start it off. Plus, I am looking for good inspiration for my next piece, which will be for the outside of my left calf, or possibly my thigh.

I'll get in before everyone else and acknowledge that yes, my tatts are "girly" and I'm sure that some of you will hate them. I love 'em, and they all mean a lot.

I'll start with my memorial triptych, for my father who passed away from lung cancer in 2000. The top piece is a writer's feather quill (as I'm an editor and a writer) that turns into a paintbrush as it passes through the artist's palette--my father was an award-winning painter of WWII aircraft in our old community, and he loved painting probably more than us kids! *laughs* It's the same passion I have for my own work. This was done to combine our two loves, and was done on the 10-year anniversary of his death. The rest of the trio is the ornamentation that is on his the tombstone (the colour cross with flowers,) and finally I placed his full signature upon my foot, as if he had signed his creation. Getting that foot done was EXCRUCIATING! (I have blacked-out his surname, to block the troll factor at least a little.) The feather and cross also serve to cover the faded 6" scar from when I broke my leg the week of his funeral.

rrr_img_3913.jpg

The next is my wrist... And before the argument begins on what direction it should have been placed in, facing away from the body, etc., my artist and I played with the stencil and we were both happy this with it facing me. An open book is resting upon the sleeping kitty-- two things that are very precious to me. The kitty is dreaming of the butterfly, which is in colour to symbolize that dreams can come true.

rrr_img_3914.jpg

My most recent piece is this one: I found the artwork and fell in love with it. It was my gift to myself when I was finally strong enough to walk without a cane after my spinal surgery. Presented is with blood on the day it was done, then a couple days later. It didn't hurt, but bled like a sonofabitch.

rrr_img_3915.jpg
rrr_img_3916.jpg

And now I'm itching for more ink! I would love to see everyone's tattoos, and hear your ideas for stuff you want or are working on!

rrr_img_3913.jpg

rrr_img_3914.jpg

rrr_img_3915.jpg

rrr_img_3916.jpg

Archangel_sl

shitlord
When you have the a calf covered by healing scabs, you can talk to me about shaving it beyond the bare few millimetres that are there. If you had any tattoos, you'd know that I wasn't supposed to, either. Leastwise, the two different artists I've used for my legs have said that.

I can't possibly be the only one with tattoos; I figured more people would be keen to show off their work instead of trolling YouTube for things to try to be clever. (Admittedly, the line in the song about prison tatts is funny.) Come on guys.

Jaxomer

Trakanon Raider
I have a fairly generic sun/moon on my left shoulder blade, but I plan on getting these Derek Hess pieces on my chest:

Angel_zps40521d69.jpg
Devil_zpsfa9e0c14.jpg

Angel_zps40521d69.jpg

Devil_zpsfa9e0c14.jpg

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pussies. My chest piece, 9 hours, one sitting. Taken after it was finished.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_4192.jpg

Not sure how the pic looks here.
But it's the sith code translated into tolkien's elvish.

Is the only pic I have of any of my ink.
The friend who translated it made it take a pic at the EQ fanfaire and somehow I still have a copy.

rrr_img_4192.jpg

Archangel_sl

shitlord
I have a fairly generic sun/moon on my left shoulder blade, but I plan on getting these Derek Hess pieces on my chest:

Angel_zps40521d69.jpg
Devil_zpsfa9e0c14.jpg
Okay, THESE are awesome. Head and shoulders above the usual "good vs evil" routine.

Re: the blue dragon/snake....you nailed that in one sitting?? Good lord, how many painkillers did you take?

Angel_zps40521d69.jpg

Devil_zpsfa9e0c14.jpg

• 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 user