The Umbrella Academy

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I love Hazel and Cha-Cha. Banal office work mentality combined with psychotic murderers. They're like Croup and Vendemar from Neverwhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I love Hazel and Cha-Cha. Banal office work mentality combined with psychotic murderers. They're like Croup and Vendemar from Neverwhere.

Yeah those two were great. Almost as good as the Angel duo on Preacher.

preacher-sundowner-image-3-451x300.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finished this up. Absolutely loved it. I read some of the comic years ago. It was pretty meh to me so I didn't care to finish it. One of those cases where the show is better than the comic IMO.

I like that it shows the other side of being a superhero... which is just how absolutely fucked up every kid at Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters would be. Even if it was cool to flit around and fight crime, stop evil and save the world. Not enough shows capture that or are good at doing it.

Great shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
On episode 2 right now, but really enjoying it so far. I still <3 Ellen Page from her Kitty Pryde days.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Binged this in two days.. a lot of fun even if the storyline was a little predictable.
Did get a little frustrated in the last couple of episodes by how the siblings were obviously going to cause her to go nuclear, especially #1

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I liked it. Would have been a ton better as a 6-7 episode show. Loved the end. Klaus was the best.
I thought the twist would be that the "bad guy" was the only thing that could stop the real bad guy. Wish it was.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'll be honest, I thought this would be a show about a young Albert Wesker. Man am I disappoint.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Time travel is kinda bullshit because looking down on it from the future always makes no sense. I thought it was going okay, like it was a linear outside-view from the future, but it isn't, it's totally arbitrary.

Standout performance from Mom.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched this over the long weekend and enjoyed it. I thought Klaus, Mom, and Hazel and Cha-Cha were spectacular. The other brothers and sisters were decent, even good. I hate Ellen Page with the fury of a thousand suns, but she didn't ruin the show for me. It would have been significantly better with someone besides her, even though she plays an emotional cripple perfectly because I imagine that's what she is like in real life. There were many things that felt "mediocre" or dragged out, but overall I liked the concept and would watch another season.

***sjw rant below***

I couldn't help but wonder, because of shit like Scarlett Johansson having to turn down playing a transgender because she's not a transgender herself and all of Hollywood feeling the need to virtue signal about it, why Ellen Page felt the need to take a heterosexual's role when she's not a heterosexual herself. Of course I'm being facetious, and normally I don't give a single fuck, but since she's a massive cunt about this stuff too, I want someone like Foler Foler that is crazy enough to brave the shitstorm that is Twitter to troll cunts like her and ask her why it was ok for her to play a heterosexual. Think of all the poor, underrepresented heterosexuals in Hollywood that could have used their lived experiences to further the role!

God I hate her. And according to her, God actually does hate her. Cunt.

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Totally on the same page about Page. Doesn't help that she's starting to look less like a young boy and more like an old man. Ugh.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Totally on the same page about Page. Doesn't help that she's starting to look less like a young boy and more like an old man. Ugh.

She's gonna look like Ruth Bader Ginsburg in like 10 years.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Im not familiar with the source material but really enjoyed the first two episodes and how well they mine the Xmen / Doom Patrol sort of dark superhero space. I especially enjoy the use of music for the fight sequences and the overall choreography of the thing.

Was thinking that Klaus reminded me a lot of Nathan from Misfits and then, duh, that's because it IS Nathan from Misfits lol.

Also I suspect Tiffany has gotten more plays on Spotify due to this show in the past week than in the previous few years combined...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Finished this last night, enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Kinda reminded me if the royal tenenbaums were super heroes. Page didn't bother me so much surprisingly.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, this is surprisingly good.

Doesn't surprise me that it's from the guy who did altered carbon. There's something about the whole of it that feels like Altered Carbon did. I dunno how to quantify that, but while it's not obvious it's the same guy without being told it was, it immediately makes sense that it is. I guess he focuses on certain things.

The sibling drama was a tad overdone for my tastes. Tword the end it started feeling like "man, you guys just LOVE to wallow in this shit, huh?" But then a character in the story said exactly the same thing and I chuckled. So it's not like they don't know it. It is kinda the point.

The final episode.. was abrupt and inconclusive. Ignoring time paradox stuff which i'm willing to ignore there's a problem with how it was presented even. "This is always going to happen and it's always going to be her as the focus... unless we go back and stop it". That, uhh... doesn't make emotional or metaphorical or timey-wimey sense. It will always happen unless it doesn't... I guess. There's obviously supposed to be a continuation. I hope that they get one, because it -looked- great.

The point seems to me that they have to go back and intentionally include her in the family as children. They'd have to find some good child actors though and they'd have to make it very fast. So i'm not sure on the odds of there actually being a second one from that perspective. The one child actor that they did have with 5 wasn't the worst. He was actually great in most of it. But there were some scenes that felt forced. I really think it's just because he's a kid. He's probably 16-17 IRL I'd guess.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Binged it over the weekend- 7/10. Entertaining but nothing amazing. I enjoyed Klaus and Number 7, but the whole series despite being entertaining felt like there was lost potential. I would have liked to have seen more childhood superhero teamwork, and was it ever explained how Number 6 died?