The Umbrella Academy

velk

Trakanon Raider
Wow, really liked this one. Great music, fun characters.

If this is an example of what they will be switching to, I don't mind losing the Marvel shows that much.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Fuck this is a really good show. It's not perfect, they miss the mark with some things, but it's really good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Just finished it. Fantastic, even with the final episode being the weak link. I've heard there's tons of hidden things that you catch on rewatch knowing about Number 5's ability going into it. Definitely going to do a rewatch.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Ellen Page makes this suck. As a previous poster has said this is slow as a mofo. Make it faster, remove Ellen page, ditch your explicit SJW gay agenda with Klaus dude and we'd be set

• 1EyeRoll

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am first to dump on SJW shit in everything but this show didnt seem rife with SJW faggotry. Klaus being a cock lover isnt forced in your face, its just something he is. Plus they made Page's character straight which is just amusing; bitch must be butt mad about that.

Anyway,
seems like Five coming back in time was what causes the apocalypse. So the Agency sent the Handler into the future to get him and the agency knew the Handler would get shot in the fucking face but she obviously did not. Despite the heroes shitty efforts, the entire time line played out just like it was supposed to happen which Five summed up in the end with "The apocalypse was always going to happen." Cant wait to see more.
PS Granny love is cringe
PPS Anyone with any ideas where the Father is from? Future? Past? Krypton?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
In the comics, the father is an alien.

Klaus' homosexuality definitely did not seem forced and was a total shock to me when the episode happened.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Klaus' homosexuality definitely did not seem forced and was a total shock to me when the episode happened.

my girlfriend was really surprised when that episode came up, too. i was surprised that it surprised her -- seemed pretty obvious to me.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

it looks like his dad is an alien in this show as well. There is a scene where the father when he is younger is on some barren planet with a lot of space ships that are taking off.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Klaus was one way to do a gay man right. There are many others. The central bit is that it was an aspect of his personality, not his entire identity.

Narcos 3 did it right too with their psychotic gay druglord.

But I mean his first scene he's wearing a skirt and a fuzzy jacket. How is him being gay a shocking reveal? The Lou reed vibe was very strong.

I liked the Klaus character probably the most. Either him or the handler from the agency. Was that Nina from just shoot me? Such a familiar face, and so pretty done up like a pinup girl.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All the actors did great especially Klaus and number 5. Main character that sucked was Vanyas love interest. Space boy was annoying but mainly do to the writing

Mary j blinge was surprisingly good and the guy that plays hazel is always good

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
All the actors did great especially Klaus and number 5. Main character that sucked was Vanyas love interest. Space boy was annoying but mainly do to the writing

Mary j blinge was surprisingly good and the guy that plays hayzel is always good

I thought that the actor who plays 13 year old Number 5 acted his ass off. Talented kid

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Either him or the handler from the agency. Was that Nina from just shoot me? Such a familiar face, and so pretty done up like a pinup girl.

I couldn't figure out where I knew her from. Looked it up, and I somehow remember her from the handful of Grey's Anatomy episodes I watched with my ex way back in 2005. Didn't recognize much else from her IMDB.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Main character that sucked was Vanyas love interest.

I actually thought he nailed the creepy murder vibe really well. From his first scene I suspected him of being way more twisted than he seemed.

iannis

Musty Nester
She might have one of those archetypal faces.

As an actress that would be a sellable commodity.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you didn't see Klaus being gay/bi immediately, I don't think your intuition is very good. I mean, he literally wore a skirt in the first episode. I know cross dressing =/= gay, but come on. Also him wearing man-liner and just being overly theatrical. Was pretty fucking gay, dude.

5's actor was great as a know-it-all old man being cocky as fuck in a 13 year old's body. Ellen Page's character sucked, but not because her acting. I think the character was just shit. The only part I thought was good was when she murdered Pogo. Her asking him if he knew was the only time I felt any sort of thing for her. Still felt she was wrong, but felt SOMETHING for her character.

So apparently the kids are ranked in reverse for power. So 1 is the weakest, 7 is the strongest. So Ben was 6? Weird he died. Also I'm sure everyone would argue 5 is > 7. Probably. Poor Luther, literal cyclops/leonardo archetype. The lamest power, daddy's good boi, and the defacto leader that no one wants to listen to. They should've made him actually really strong instead of sometimes kinda strong.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
So apparently the kids are ranked in reverse for power. So 1 is the weakest, 7 is the strongest. So Ben was 6? Weird he died. Also I'm sure everyone would argue 5 is > 7. Probably. Poor Luther, literal cyclops/leonardo archetype. The lamest power, daddy's good boi, and the defacto leader that no one wants to listen to. They should've made him actually really strong instead of sometimes kinda strong.

On 5 vs 7
She did destroy the moon and wipe out all life on earth by accident. 5's power without the agency backup was a bit weak too - just got him stuck in the future

On #1 and weirdly inconsistent strength - he lost his super strength when he got fucked up - this actually made more sense in the comic
He got a head transplant onto a gorilla body instead of being mutated by gorilla serum

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
These were so good. Somehow I didnt even hate Ellen Page. Just the right balance between revealing enough details and keeping some mystery. Is there any news if it gets a second season yet?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Netflix put out the video of the dance scene (after taking down everyone who tried to load it onto YouTube) so they clearly are aware of its appeal.

My guess is that they are waiting to see what the 30-day numbers look like for viewership before they pull the trigger. Not because they won't do a second season, but rather to determine how 'all in' they are with it.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They haven't announced it yet but rumors about Netflix scouting locations for S2 seem to indicate it's going to happen. Watched this with the wife, thought it was very good. Whoever said this is like X-men behind the scenes in their 'real life' is spot on. Number 7 is basically the equivalent of Dark Phoenix (in terms of power level). They have a ton of direction where they can go for S2 (more in depth on the father's origins, Ben's death, etc.)

One point that maybe I am missing.
One of the Commission's tasks was to protect the boyfriend yet 7 eventually kills him. I had this thought that he was going to use her to destroy the Academy (and the world) which is why the Commission wanted him protected but yet it happens anyway. Kind of weakens the narrative that the Commission is the one thing that keeps time happening as it should imo.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this show. It was a nice balance of character development and super powers. I find it interesting that Time Travel was involved with a moon based Apocalypse which is a theme that is similar to the "Time Machine". The actors did a good job. Ellen Page was a little Brie Larson but I think that had more to do with direction, than her acting. The Pogo scene made up for it as that really did hit a nerve. I am curious how they will reverse the Apocalypse. Can you talk to yourself without causing another time based Apocalypse? The show discussed a few rules(Aging) but did not elaborate to much on the big No No's of time travel.

Time travel always seems to eventually hit that point where you wonder if it was a good idea to introduce the concept at all. I would watch a 2nd season regardless just for the characters.

One question that I presume will be explained in season 2. Were there not more babies????