The Walking Dead

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It was a shit scene and it was shot shitty too. There's no sense of speed or urgency, it's like we're watching in slow motion, but it's not.
I'm pretty sure the writers had something shit-tastic like 'time slowed' or even 'time slowed to a crawl' when writing out that scene.

Shit like that is almost as bad as books that constantly interrupt a scene, pausing action, to provide a flashback.... Looking at you, last episode.

At this point the only way the show can get worse is if they had commentary playing over the show explaining things to people.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
God, you people nitpick this show so much lol.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

~George Bernard Shaw
Criticism is a vital function of improving the world. What you call "nitpicking", we call "improving the future by shitting on the past and present".

Singlemalt_sl

shitlord
My contribution to the nitpicks (I've never read the comic so it may explain this better): If having 2 zombies around Michonne somehow pacifies other zombies, or disguises her from them somehow, then wouldn't groups of zombies stop attacking humans once they were close together? I may be missing the implication, but this is what it seems they are suggesting: zombie close to human=other zombies don't attack. Are they somehow suggesting that disabling the zombies releases some zombie pacification pheremone into the air? Why would the other zombies ignore her just because she's with zombies?

Cybsled

It's from the comics and it isn't really explained in much more detail there than it is in the show.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My contribution to the nitpicks (I've never read the comic so it may explain this better): If having 2 zombies around Michonne somehow pacifies other zombies, or disguises her from them somehow, then wouldn't groups of zombies stop attacking humans once they were close together? I may be missing the implication, but this is what it seems they are suggesting: zombie close to human=other zombies don't attack. Are they somehow suggesting that disabling the zombies releases some zombie pacification pheremone into the air? Why would the other zombies ignore her just because she's with zombies?
No because riled up zombies cause other zombies to rile up as well. So if a group sees humans and goes nuts it will cause other zombies in the proximity to go nuts. Which is why Michonne was always careful not to make or let one zombie go nuts.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Obviously they came up with the whole setup of luring people in to use as food because their foragers were too busy looking for more candles.

Oldbased

> Than U
LOL I had looked that up yesterday after reading the latest posts here. The fact someone else asked is creepy.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
can you make tallow from human fat?
Yeah I saw a show once that tried to look into possible explanations for spontaneous human combustion. And one effect they were able to repeat using a pig carcass was that with a certain body fat % you can get a slow but complete burning of the body that is closest to a candle effect (the term they used in the show). The burn is not fast, plus only burns a limited area at the one time, but the burn still moves through the whole body turning it into just a charred mess and bones. At times the lower legs are un-burnt and the shoes or slippers show no signs of heat exposure.

They were able to compare it to actual cases and the people were all fat and often there was a likely ignition source. So they figure old fatty sitting alone having a cigarette watching TV dies of a sudden heart attack. Cigarette is able to ignite clothing which then starts the slow candle burn of the body. And then when someone finds the body as a charred mess, the myth is created that the person was living and went up in a sudden flash.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They seem to be wasting the bones though. Maybe they couldn't come up with a way to utilize them that wouldn't scream "CANNIBALS HERE" to outsiders. It wouldn't be a very effective trap if it was all Apocalypse Now.

Still, +1 for the human candle idea.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so whats the strat to break out of that locked train car ?
none, they will be let out of there at some point. cant have a show of them talking in a completely dark train car week after week. expect a prison break plot between ricks group and the red shirts in the next train car.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
so whats the strat to break out of that locked train car ?
Some outside event will provide the opportunity for escape. "Let's open 'er up and bring out the black one, he has a lot of meat on him and I could go for some dark me... OH SHIT ZOMBIES"

Or Carrol/T-Dogg 4.0 will be scouting out the place like Rick did, and see one of their people being led from the cattle car to the meat department. And so Rick's decision will turn out to save them all in the end.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No no, one of them will pull the "sick prisoner" routine!
Dalewins.jpg