The Walking Dead

Oldbased

> Than U
If you watch the opening 5 minutes or so when they first drive up in their cars and start shooting you can see the front two guys basically lay down on the ground slowly like they are taking a nap from being shot. I missed it the first time but my kids started rolling and sure enough upon watching it again you could see the actors hard at work.
A stuntman died in the balcony scene I assume from episode one when he fell. I'd imagine after that, all stunt work was weakened. May explain it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, watched episode 2 and I like that it is all war/action oriented so far, so I will continue to watch until they start interjecting pointless character diatribes no one cares about because their writing for that is awful. As long as the action keeps up, I will keep watching every episode.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Morgan killed more people than both sides of the Aaron/Savior GI Joe shootout.

Yes, he had the bitch crew and a line about just keeping them busy. But that's boring. Hell, the zombie that turned hadn't even been shot, he probably just starved to death.

One one point I chuckled because it reminded me of early levels in bad cover shooters where nobody has grenades yet. One molotov and it's over, dude.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The other thing that bothered me is when they were at the satellite dish base, they were standing like 5 feet from the zombies talking normally, yet the zombies ignored them the entire time. Wut.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
DIdnt they already clear the spawns at the sat com base the first time they killed saviors?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

i was looking into the timeline, best guess appear to be they are 22 months into the outbreak now

all the savior/hilltop/kingdom stuff apparently has occurred over 2ish months

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Had Morgan ever even used a gun before? He was a pacifist now he's John Wick?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

He was a full blown psycho killing machine at one point. When he was holed up in that town he had tons of weapons and it was clear he had killed plenty of people.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider

He used to keep a gun or two around the house.

morgan16.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You slept through the episodes when Rick first met Morgan again? The show was almost decent back then

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I'm like a guy who loves Bud Lite telling a micro brew only beer drinker how great Bud Lite is, I know, but I really did like this show in the first 3.5 seasons... Yeah it had some rough edges and bumps, but I do not regret watching them at all. Then about midway through the 4th season it started to take a turn for the worse, and yeah I kind of want my time back for the rest.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You slept through the episodes when Rick first met Morgan again? The show was almost decent back then

I don't know, how many years ago was that? I can probably correlate those episodes to a trial time where I ended up falling asleep watching TV half the time. :p Don't remember that at all...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I'm like a guy who loves Bud Lite telling a micro brew only beer drinker how great Bud Lite is, I know, but I really did like this show in the first 3.5 seasons... Yeah it had some rough edges and bumps, but I do not regret watching them at all. Then about midway through the 4th season it started to take a turn for the worse, and yeah I kind of want my time back for the rest.
Let's not get too crazy. The farm season was fucking atrocious. At least it was about zombies then

Goatface

didn't mind season 2. just wish they spent more time fortifying the farm

i stopped reading the books early on so only know the clifnotes of what is going on now
maybe negan/all out war was the greatest thing on paper like some fans claim or whatever
but it is retarded on tv

Negan is annoying and saviors are dimwits

show is bleeding live viewers now, still bigger than everything else
but the way it is going could see it going below the season 1 by next season.

Sunday cable ratings: ‘The Walking Dead’ stumbles to 5-year low
The show was still Sunday’s biggest draw on cable by a long shot, but its 4.0 rating among adults 18-49 was the lowest for the show since March 11, 2012 — the next-to-last episode of Season 2. “TWD’s” 8.92 million viewers were the least since the Season 2 finale.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
I imagine the full decline will take place after the crossover next year between TWD and FtWD. Both at once in the same episode should be finally enough to make people go wtf.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Let's not get too crazy. The farm season was fucking atrocious. At least it was about zombies then

When I watched it, I was definitely "come on already" when it was Rick constantly going around to get a consensus on each decision he made. But outside of that it was ok, and I would take that tedium over the crap that has been 6.5 until now.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I imagine the full decline will take place after the crossover next year between TWD and FtWD. Both at once in the same episode should be finally enough to make people go wtf.

I mean I guess time wise it meets up, but FTWD was in LA then Mexico.. and they somehow truck it all the way to DC and skip the months of events in between? I really wish that show had likable characters, because it sounds like the story isn't bad since they don't feel obligated to follow any source material faithfully.