The Walking Dead

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

While still the number 1 shows on cable....
The Walking Dead” recorded a six-year low in adults 18-49 with a 3.4 rating (it was off half a point vs. last week). The last time it scored that low was Nov. 20, 2011, when episode 6 of Season 2 drew a 3.1.

The show’s 7.85 million viewers were its fewest since the next-to-last episode of Season 2 in March 2012.

season averages
S8: 4.0 / 9.083M*
S7: 5.4 / 11.349M
S6: 6.5 / 13.15M
S5: 7.4 / 14.38M
S4: 6.8 / 13.88M
S3: 5.5 / 10.75M
S2: 3.5 / 6.72M
S1: 2.7 / 5.24M

* Average through five episodes.

---

Live +3 are still solid, but at some point AMC is going to take a hit on ad money.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
While still the number 1 shows on cable....
The Walking Dead” recorded a six-year low in adults 18-49 with a 3.4 rating (it was off half a point vs. last week). The last time it scored that low was Nov. 20, 2011, when episode 6 of Season 2 drew a 3.1.

The show’s 7.85 million viewers were its fewest since the next-to-last episode of Season 2 in March 2012.

season averages
S8: 4.0 / 9.083M*
S7: 5.4 / 11.349M
S6: 6.5 / 13.15M
S5: 7.4 / 14.38M
S4: 6.8 / 13.88M
S3: 5.5 / 10.75M
S2: 3.5 / 6.72M
S1: 2.7 / 5.24M

* Average through five episodes.

---

Live +3 are still solid, but at some point AMC is going to take a hit on ad money.
its their own fault for killing off glen and abraham in retarded manner, especially since they went to such stupid lengths to save glen by having him crawl under a dumpster. this week when gabe and negan were surrounded by zombies and even had zombies falling on top of them, they couldnt think of a stupid way for them to escape so they said "fuck it" and just hard cut to him and gabe showing up at the compound with out any problem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I've said it before. I don't have issues with the acting. I have issues with the direction, editing and writing. You can almost see the boredom and eye rolls in many of the main cast this season but the people in charge keep saying and that gay shit is a wrap. Let's go snort cocaine off of Jackie's tits again.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I stopped watching this after season 2, but been binging it for the past 3 weeks on Netflix and I am in mid S7 now, this show has jumped more sharks than Evel Knievel has jumped buses.

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Call me crazy but I am starting to think Z Nation is better produced than TWD now and it had a tiny budget in comparison.
TWD is hitting Sharknado level nuttiness.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Call me crazy but I am starting to think Z Nation is better produced than TWD now and it had a tiny budget in comparison.
i must have not been paying attention, but did i imagine neegan with the white dude and black chick with the speaker truck? wasnt that him whistling?

• 1Picard

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

At least once an episode of TWD, I think 'this reminds me way too much of LOST' it's usually the forced over done nonsensical conflicts and the unrealistic way people interact. Or the shitty action cinematography. Or the over the top set dressing gimmicks.

The Trope of 'This week is X's turn to try and pep talk and wave off Y from their go-it-alone super bad idea' is boring as fuck, Screamfeeder level of shit writing they wedge in every show to fill 6-8 minutes of run time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Laughed out loud at the rpg scene. I mean who the fuck wrote that in

Also laughed at loud at Maggie "I know that feel"

IKIFEEL.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least this episode was something different than the 5 episodes dedicated to what would have been at most a half hour anywhere else in the industry/medium. Yeah the show wasn't Oscar caliber before season 4, don't get me wrong, but it was way better than what came afterwards (especially starting in season 6). I think the biggest problem is, they only want to advance the overall story/plot so far each season, but that would only take about 8 episodes that are decently paced. Instead of adding pointless filler episodes with no impact on the plot, they legit tried to drag out one episode over 5. That and a show runner who is basically writing fan fiction and trying to follow the comics 1:1 as much as he possibly can, which is impossible on two fronts, by the time he took over the show had already diverged pretty massively from the comics already, and they just don't translate well in the first place.

Goatface

rating up around 5% over last week

-
finally got around to watching the last two, seems like everyone's estimates on how many saviors there were is way off
unless most of them are on vacation

how in the hell are they running out of food, water, fuel in like 2 days.

have the details of mid season finale been leaked yet?
have a feeling going to be very annoyed

Oldbased

> Than U
rating up around 5% over last week

-
finally got around to watching the last two, seems like everyone's estimates on how many saviors there were is way off
unless most of them are on vacation

how in the hell are they running out of food, water, fuel in like 2 days.

have the details of mid season finale been leaked yet?
have a feeling going to be very annoyed
From the bits and pieces over the past few seasons it appears they did weekly pickups branched out from all the outposts and main facility. If The Hound faced dude told them the right day to attack when he got them weapons then they may have hit at a supply low date before all the pickups and Rick and them hit all the outposts when supplies at those places were peak. Since the main facility dealt with lots of "fresh" goods, veggies and meats and fruits, supplies would start being grim pretty quick. I don't think they are out of food and stuff, just rationing because they were not sure how long they will be forced to survive with no deliveries.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
From the bits and pieces over the past few seasons it appears they did weekly pickups branched out from all the outposts and main facility. If The Hound faced dude told them the right day to attack when he got them weapons then they may have hit at a supply low date before all the pickups and Rick and them hit all the outposts when supplies at those places were peak. Since the main facility dealt with lots of "fresh" goods, veggies and meats and fruits, supplies would start being grim pretty quick. I don't think they are out of food and stuff, just rationing because they were not sure how long they will be forced to survive with no deliveries.
their headquarters isnt very big, you got maybe half a dozen leadership, then you got the gun toting goons and then the "workers". so maybe 30-50 people?

Oldbased

> Than U
their headquarters isnt very big, you got maybe half a dozen leadership, then you got the gun toting goons and then the "workers". so maybe 30-50 people?
In those run and gun scenes I barely paid attention to, how many was at each outpost place they hit? I probably should have paid attention but I'm guessing a dozen or so?
Then they have the scout watch locations which appears to be pairs and scavenging teams are in pairs. Not sure if they said how many outposts and stuff there is but still 100-200 people is quite a force in all for what was about 40-50 people to take on. Plus you have allies like the hipsters. Or had.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In those run and gun scenes I barely paid attention to, how many was at each outpost place they hit? I probably should have paid attention but I'm guessing a dozen or so?
Then they have the scout watch locations which appears to be pairs and scavenging teams are in pairs. Not sure if they said how many outposts and stuff there is but still 100-200 people is quite a force in all for what was about 40-50 people to take on. Plus you have allies like the hipsters. Or had.
they depleted those outposts to almost nothing. and the HQ was hit hard. those 30-50 might just be all they have at this point unless the hipsters try to use stupid rick as a bargaining chip against his group and then they can default to neegan or be the new kingshits of turd mountain themselves. BTW call me crazy, but id fuck that hipster leader chick for some reason.