The Walking Dead

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
As someone annoyed that it took all of last season just to end up where they should have been after the premiere, has this season been worth it or should I just wait until the finale and won't miss anything again?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As someone annoyed that it took all of last season just to end up where they should have been after the premiere, has this season been worth it or should I just wait until the finale and won't miss anything again?
let me catch you up this season. most of neegan's guys died from Rick and King Dreadlocks people fighting back. their remaining numbers are stuck at neegan's HQ with a bunch of zombies chilling outside. King Dreadlocks lost a shitload of his men in an ambush and he feels bad about it. rick being rick, gets his dumb ass taken hostage 2 or 3 times and is now in hipster gang's lair as a prisoner. now you're all caught up.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had to drive 12 hours to pick up my mother... didn't even make it all the way through Outlander (panty dropper show, so it's worth it). Not that I really care. I skipped two episodes and watched last weeks. From the reviews I'll skip this one too and just watch the mid season finale.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this latest episode was garbage. As was the one before it. Other than that though I like the action of these season compared to the others. Some seriously stupid writing though in this last episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was too boring and stupid to even comment on. there is fun stupid and then there is boring stupid. maybe next week will be at least fun stupid, they already made a poster for Neeganbowl. get hype.

Oldbased

> Than U
Next week should be interesting if what has been going around for months is true.
When they ( and they did like a dozen times between end of show and Talking dead ) have something you won't believe happen, if rumors are true, you won't believe it did.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Next week should be interesting if what has been going around for months is true.
When they ( and they did like a dozen times between end of show and Talking dead ) have something you won't believe happen, if rumors are true, you won't believe it did.
dont be coy, post the rumors and spoiler them if you have to, but i dont think the 5 or so people keeping this thread active care that much about a mid season finale spoiler for walking dead anymore.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Well, you have already seen in the previews Negan showing up in the middle of the night at Alexandria and there isn't many main people there but he is really pissed.
The main spoiler going around is he kills Carl. Carl is heading off to college and was not seen filming after this next episode again. He also made a comment last month on social media about being thankful for the role and yada yada.
It COULD be someone else and it certainly doesn't line up with the comics but if Riggs was ready to move on it would be the only option they had.
I'll be able to confirm 100% ( plus everything else from the 90 minute mid season finale ) in a day or two ).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, you have already seen in the previews Negan showing up in the middle of the night at Alexandria and there isn't many main people there but he is really pissed.
The main spoiler going around is he kills Carl. Carl is heading off to college and was not seen filming after this next episode again. He also made a comment last month on social media about being thankful for the role and yada yada.
It COULD be someone else and it certainly doesn't line up with the comics but if Rigg do. thatll do.s was ready to move on it would be the only option they had.
I'll be able to confirm 100% ( plus everything else from the 90 minute mid season finale ) in a day or two ).
oh, i was hoping for some UFO space zombies shit or something. but thatll do, thatll do.

Oldbased

> Than U
oh, i was hoping for some UFO space zombies shit or something. but thatll do, thatll do.
Ya it will cause a few tweets for sure.
It also all makes the Daryll and Rick scene make more sense why those brothers would "break up" and half went and did their own thing this season.
Why that is, is due to a possible flashback we may or may not see into the early years when Shane told Rick you can't protect Lori. You can't protect Carl.
Rick was off dancing naked for a hipster group while he left his son to fend for himself because he assumed Negan was taken care of.
There is only a few main characters at Alexandria when Negan shows up and he is out for blood.
The filming that night was said to be a lot of screaming, yelling and either fire or gunfire I'd have to do look it up. It was the last time to date Riggs was seen on sets.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

sorta surprised he would want off the show. really don't see him having much of an acting career afterwards. earning something like $500k per year now.

hopefully it means Rick will kill Negan, don't want him to hanging around.
worse part will be about 6 sad Rick episodes afterwards

sadly it will kill one of my favorite fan theories that everything has been a story told by Old Man Carl

was figuring Michonne would be next big star to leave, with gigs in MCU

Reedus really hasn't gotten any big gigs but is reportedly making $650k per show now
only see killing him off when rating start really tanking.

second half of the season should kill off 1-2 main cast each show.

Goatface

Season 2 like lows again
7.468m Total viewers
3.3 18-49 rating

they still pick up a ton in dvr views, but this has to be cutting into ad money

18-49 demo Viewers
s4 from s3 = +22.22% +24.02%
s5 from s4 = +8.68% +7.90%
s6 from s5 = -11.90% -8.54%
s7 from s6 = -16.83% -13.70%
s8 from s7 = -28.57% -23.01%

if this trend continues for the rest of season 8, they could end up loosing 60% of 18-48 demo and 50% of total viewers in 3 seasons

Cybsled

The show has diverged from the comics pretty heavily in parts, although those spoilered theories would be REALLY heavy departures.

Not sure if the show will go there, but it is quite likely that the person to be bumped off is

Judith. In the comics she is long dead and keeping a child actor around presents problems as they get older. Carl aged like 10 years in 2-in show years and it is even worse with a young child once they get old enough to not be interchangeable with other actors. Plus they have the new Savior baby they found, so they can swap out baby actors more easily than a toddler Judith.

Oldbased

> Than U
Even the private spoiler group which has given accurate spoilers per episode in advance are refusing for the first time to release this weeks spoilers for reasons unknown. They claim it isn't AMC or legal.
Either they don't know for sure or really big twist. I'm guessing they were wrong in the assessment all season and Cybsled is correct.

Goatface

i think 80% of the cast could die and i would still feel the same about the show

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Even the private spoiler group which has given accurate spoilers per episode in advance are refusing for the first time to release this weeks spoilers for reasons unknown. They claim it isn't AMC or legal.
Either they don't know for sure or really big twist. I'm guessing they were wrong in the assessment all season and Cybsled is correct.
that would make sense because it ties in with neegan's "backstory"