The Walking Dead

Cybsled

So pretty big split from the comics in terms of who ends up on a pike

Enid, Tara, and Henry are really the only major characters who end up dead. Enid and Tara have been useless for seasons now. Henry is interesting, though, since he was taking the Carl role in relation to Lydia. Looks like they don't plan to pursue that now and have now made a total clean break from that Carl storylines

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tried watching this season, its just so bad. Its hard to care about anyone that died in this episode, I had zero interest in most of their characters.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
You know I'm pretty sure this show has been bad much longer then it's ever been good. In fact I'd wager it was only good for maybe 1 season.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You know I'm pretty sure this show has been bad much longer then it's ever been good. In fact I'd wager it was only good for maybe 1 season.
it had good points through most of it, its what kept me watching all these years, but i cant think of one solid good season. too many filler episodes ruined most of it's momentum

Oldbased

> Than U
As far as the comic jump, it was 2 years after Negan being locked away. He eventually went on to be a farmer n shit. I haven't seen the latest 3 episodes. Been pretty low on my list after the becoming The Walking Minorities set in a white dominated country and bald mom supposed to be worse than the Gov and Negan combined as some stupid producer put it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still don't understand jailing negan. This is a post apocalypse why are they wasting space/food/water on him. Killing him is not evil you simply don't have the energy/resources to maintain a prisoner that dangerous indefinitely. You either are going to have to let him go or shoot him in the face.

Oldbased

> Than U
I still don't understand jailing negan. This is a post apocalypse why are they wasting space/food/water on him. Killing him is not evil you simply don't have the energy/resources to maintain a prisoner that dangerous indefinitely. You either are going to have to let him go or shoot him in the face.
It is even more insane when they suddenly want people to believe he was in there for like 6+ years and the only single person to utilize his only skill is the baby child who carries a gun and a katana.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

season finales always get a 10-20% boost but new record low this week
will be 2 season of more than 30% drops

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's what happens when you completely shit the bed like they did in Seasons 7 and 8 (and honestly the turd was being pushed out at the end of 6). People just aren't coming back and regardless of actual quality I totally see people saying "nah fuck this" to the obvious soft reboot going on right now. I don't blame them at all.

it had good points through most of it, its what kept me watching all these years, but i cant think of one solid good season. too many filler episodes ruined most of it's momentum

Outside of season 2, which wasn't really filler compared to the later seasons, but I will still concede that point, I think most of the first 4 seasons did a good job of moving the story forward in some way every episode. The filler bullshit really didn't start until season 5 and got progressively worse after that until you culminated in 8 where they took one episode and somehow managed to drag that one episode out over nearly 8 episodes. I dunno, for some odd reason I think the show went downhill fast starting with season 5. It was a gradual boil as it was live, but looking back it really had bad pacing issues after they took care of Terminus. Good bad or ugly, that's one thing this season has fixed is the god awful pacing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's what happens when you completely shit the bed like they did in Seasons 7 and 8 (and honestly the turd was being pushed out at the end of 6). People just aren't coming back and regardless of actual quality I totally see people saying "nah fuck this" to the obvious soft reboot going on right now. I don't blame them at all.

Outside of season 2, which wasn't really filler compared to the later seasons, but I will still concede that point, I think most of the first 4 seasons did a good job of moving the story forward in some way every episode. The filler bullshit really didn't start until season 5 and got progressively worse after that until you culminated in 8 where they took one episode and somehow managed to drag that one episode out over nearly 8 episodes. I dunno, for some odd reason I think the show went downhill fast starting with season 5. It was a gradual boil as it was live, but looking back it really had bad pacing issues after they took care of Terminus. Good bad or ugly, that's one thing this season has fixed is the god awful pacing.
the Governor and the prison had lots of potential. the war between Gov and rick's crew should have been epic. NOPE. they talked about the war and then talked some more and when they were done, they had a meeting and when the war did happen, it was over in ten minutes and then they started talking again. fuck me that was so bad.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
See I didn't think so. I liked the whole governor storyline in the third season. The 4th season wasn't so bad except for the why the hell are you blowing a place to shit with a tank that you want to claim as your own thing. But then again I much preferred the early seasons where the focus was more on the zombies than the humans most of which was kind of secondary.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
See I didn't think so. I liked the whole governor storyline in the third season. The 4th season wasn't so bad except for the why the hell are you blowing a place to shit with a tank that you want to claim as your own thing. But then again I much preferred the early seasons where the focus was more on the zombies than the humans most of which was kind of secondary.
it all got so tiresome after a while, they talked endlessly about having the big fight, the ninja zombies sneaking up on Carol after she escaped the gov was bad too. dont get me wrong, they knew how to make the good parts really good, but you had to plow through a lot of shit to get to that point. it was worth it for some years. i hung in there til the middle of last season and then i just didnt care anymore. this show was my sunday staple for 8 years and i bowed out and didnt even regret it.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
it all got so tiresome after a while, they talked endlessly about having the big fight, the ninja zombies sneaking up on Carol after she escaped the gov was bad too. dont get me wrong, they knew how to make the good parts really good, but you had to plow through a lot of shit to get to that point. it was worth it for some years. i hung in there til the middle of last season and then i just didnt care anymore. this show was my sunday staple for 8 years and i bowed out and didnt even regret it.
And that is what I am saying is that shit you had to plow through I really enjoyed. Full disclosure though: I binge watched the first 5.5 seasons so I didn't have a week in between each chapter so it all flowed together, and that very well could be why I didn't notice it as much. Because the point that I started to enjoy the show less perfectly coincides with where I "caught up" and started watching it every Sunday like everyone else is not lost on me at all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And that is what I am saying is that shit you had to plow through I really enjoyed. Full disclosure though: I binge watched the first 5.5 seasons so I didn't have a week in between each chapter so it all flowed together, and that very well could be why I didn't notice it as much. Because the point that I started to enjoy the show less perfectly coincides with where I "caught up" and started watching it every Sunday like everyone else is not lost on me at all.
that makes sense, i never binge watched it, it was always wek to week and i whined for years about it. probably should wait for the series to end and then binge watch what i missed over a weekend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
YouTube recommended the heads-on-the-pikes scene to me so I watched it. Didn't recognize any of them!

I should have recognized Enid at least... but Tara had the long hair which I didn't know about and I just thought all the heads were new main characters or secondary characters... I had to read the comments to realize it was Enid and Tara and Henry was the last one that wasn't even shown, just implied ( -edit- okay Henry's head WAS shown at the end, the AMC clip I watched cut off before that. Sorry for misinformation). I could see how that scene would be devastating for all twelve of you still watching the show though... was quite the shocking visual juxtaposed with them 'missing' back home and the tear-jerking soundtrack. Good stuff.

But eh, still... fuck this show though. Hindsight is 20/20 and looking back, All Out War arc was what did it... to me it was really just All Out Bore and by the time it concluded, the nail in the coffin was Negan on his knees crying like a bitch, and the throat slash that ultimately accomplished -nothing- and I noped out of the viewership for good.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
YouTube recommended the heads-on-the-pikes scene to me so I watched it. Didn't recognize any of them!

I should have recognized Enid at least... but Tara had the long hair which I didn't know about and I just thought all the heads were new main characters or secondary characters... I had to read the comments to realize it was Enid and Tara and Henry was the last one that wasn't even shown, just implied. I could see how that scene would be devastating for all twelve of you still watching the show though... was quite the shocking visual juxtaposed with them 'missing' back home and the tear-jerking soundtrack. Good stuff.

But eh, still... fuck this show though. Hindsight is 20/20 and looking back, All Out War arc was what did it... to me it was really just All Out Bore and by the time it concluded, the nail in the coffin was Negan on his knees crying like a bitch, and the throat slash that ultimately accomplished -nothing- and I noped out of the viewership for good.
lol wha? they cucked the last interesting character on that show? who is Tara? the fat medic chick? no idea who Enid is, or Henry

Cybsled

Tara was the girl that Glenn finds when he escapes the prison in the aftermath of The Governer's attack on it. She was on the Governer's side. Glenn decides to give her a chance to redeem herself and they run into Eugene/Abraham/Rosita shortly thereafter. Her other notable things is she had a relationship with that medic woman that gets an arrow to the head and she had that shit Oceanside episode. She was the leader of Hilltop post-Jesus, but her character was pretty disposable.

Enid was that girl that Carl liked that first appeared during "The Wolves"...those crazy ass people that carved a W into their heads. People first thought she was maybe working for them. She ended up moving to Hilltop and was helping raise Maggie's baby. Like Tara, post-Carl and post-Maggie, she didn't really bring much storywise anymore and was disposable.

Henry was King Ezekial's "son" and Carol sort of. If you remember, he sort of adopted those 2 kids and Carol by extension did. 1 kid died a couple years ago (Saviors). Henry most recently was taking Carl's storyline from the comics: Going to Hilltop to learn a trade skill, getting involved with the Whisperer girl (aka the infamous scene in the comic where she licks Carl's empty eye socket). His death was somewhat surprising since they've apparently 100% abandoned any Carl related storylines now, people assumed they were going to use him in lieu of Carl for the ongoing Carl plotlines in the comics.

Everyone else's head on the pikes were randos or really minor characters. The only one who stands out is that hot redhead that used to be one of Negan's wives. I'm guessing Negan won't be happy about that and they could actually use that to segway into the comic arc of Negan being unleashed to hunt down Alpha.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user