The Walking Dead

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

A 3rd series? God. AMC killing off all their other shows and trying to become the zombie network, both figuratively and literally.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Lol. They should worry about their most famous shows being in the toilet before launching another butt nugget
I don't even know what they can do to repair the damage. Except for Daryl and Carol, they've lost all characters that anyone gives a shit about.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't even know what they can do to repair the damage. Except for Daryl and Carol, they've lost all characters that anyone gives a shit about.
i still cant believe Rick went out and Daryl didnt lose his shit trying to save him. for years people were saying Daryl was secretly gay for Rick because of his loyalty. dough before bros i guess.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think the last season premiere (or was it two seasons ago?), the one with Rick and them on their knees and Negan beating the dogsnot out of a couple of them, really showed them how far they could push it. AMC just came down and said, "If you ever film anything like that ever again, we're not gonna show it." That shit was fucking brutal. I've seen some horror movies that showed less shit than that.

The thing that I really don't like about this season is the entire western genre vibe. It just feels contrived and unnecessary. Plus, I don't like them being split up. Meh. I'll keep watching, but meh. It's only 'cause I've got nothing better happening on Sunday nights.

Oldbased

> Than U
They have strayed a bit but they are seasons behind this point in the show, like 50 issues which at TWD season rate would be 2-3 more seasons.
It'll probably ride that long but the numbers will not be pretty.

Actually enjoying Fear though for the 2nd year in a row, although now having Dwight appear out of nowhere after a year on the road was a bit much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

when AMC got the permit to build the windmill, they said it was for only 3 years, which would be 2021 season.
they supposedly have 3 rick movies planned and another series or 2 in the works.

Goatface

New ‘Walking Dead’ Series Casts Three Lead Roles (EXCLUSIVE)

The Walking Dead Casting

The recently announced third “Walking Dead” series has cast three major roles, Variety has learned exclusively.

Alexa Mansour, Nicolas Cantu, and Hal Cumpston will all star in the new series, which is said to follow two female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the zombie apocalypse. A second lead female role has yet to be cast.

AMC would not comment on specifics for any of the characters, but sources describe Mansour’s character as a good-natured rule breaker who lives for today. She is likable and funny on the outside but sad on the inside. Mansour recently wrapped shooting a guest starring role on the CBS drama “Madam Secretary” and previously starred in the horror film sequel “Unfiltered: Dark Web” for Blumhouse Productions. Her other TV credits include “SEAL Team,” “The Resident,” “Bull,” “How To Get Away With Murder,” and “Law & Order: SVU.”

Cantu’s character is said to be small for his age in addition to being friendly and an old soul. He also has a black belt in karate. Cantu has previously lent his voice to the animated shows “The Amazing World of Gumball,” “Sofia the First,” “Future-Worm!” and “Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures.” He has also appeared in the live-action shows “The Good Place,” “Sydney to the Max,” and “Bizaardvark.”

Cumpston’s character is said to be big for his age. He is a shy loner that scares some kids, but he hates the fact that he scares people. Cumpston previously starred in, wrote, and produced the Australian coming of age comedy “Bilched.”

The yet untitled third “Walking Dead” show joins both the flagship show, which is entering its tenth season, and “Fear the Walking Dead,” which is currently airing its fifth. AMC is also currently developing a trio of TV movies centered on Rick Grimes starring Andrew Lincoln. The “Walking Dead” comic book series, which served as the basis for the original show, recently came to an end after nearly two decades.

The series is co-created by Scott Gimple, chief content officer of the “Walking Dead” universe, and Matt Negrete, a writer and producer on “The Walking Dead” for the past five seasons. Negrete will also serve as showrunner. AMC Studios will produce. The series will begin production on its 10 episode first season in Virginia this summer with a planned premiere on AMC in 2020.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

bunch of news, if anyone cares

Rick's movies will be in theaters

and fear renewed for another season, while rating are down nearly 30% from last season

ShakyJake

<Donor>
and fear renewed for another season, while rating are down nearly 30% from last season
Honestly, I've quite enjoyed the direction Fear has taken. They have a good cast now with Lennie James and Dillahunt joining.

Ratings decline is probably due to fatigue with the main series, rather than specifically Fear. Just my guess.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly, I've quite enjoyed the direction Fear has taken. They have a good cast now with Lennie James and Dillahunt joining.

Ratings decline is probably due to fatigue with the main series, rather than specifically Fear. Just my guess.
i didnt get tired of the premise, i got tired of their endless loop of discovering a new area with new baddie then they lose a few core cast members, gain a few new ones and move on to the next to do it all over again. they got to the point where nothing ever happens and all the people in the crew are people i didnt recognize anymore. even Romero introduced the military and government response at some point to keep things moving. not TWD. its always small potatoes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

outbreak happened in 2010, TWD went 3 years, then jumped 7
this show starts in 2020 and gimple are said there will be a crossover.

they are 1 of the group of 3 that took rick, but they didn't take rick