The Walking Dead

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I guess we're supposed to forget the "doc" used to be a country vet? Who seems to know a lot about plants but isn't even asked why the fucking pig is sick?

Also, I would guess influenza, except that kid died way too fast. Something similar, though.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even the wife mentioned the roof ('why all of a sudden do they start dropping down as soon as the group shows up' which I think is the exact quote) and this is from someone that doesn't usually critique the show that much. Also keep in mind, I didn't think this isn't their first run to Big Lots, you would think they would of figured out there was about 30-40 zombies on the roof.

Rest of the episode was ok. I got to admit, when I first saw the girl in the woods, I thought she was a talking zombie.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Didn't read the comics... Did TWD have live people who started to act like zombies similar to WWZ?

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Never read the comics...

from what i recall reading prior to the show starting this season, the producers said "you will be seeing new things this season, things we have not introduced before" or something like that.

roof scene - that was pretty bad, forget the roof cave in crap, they "hooked up a boombox 2 days ago to 2 car batteries" yet the walkers on the roof never heard it or they would have just walked off the edge trying to get to it. I'll just pretend it never happened...

Kid dying - the only thing i can think of here is why they focused on him during the giving out breakfast scene, where he said how thankful he was to Daryl and asked to shake his hand... and they focused on Daryl licking his fingers first then shaking the kids hand.... not sure if this may have something to do with it.

Dead Pig - can we possibly see a mutation to the virus that affects animals now? Zombie pig

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first zombie falling through the roof and swinging by its intestines was fucking awesome! The first one made sense, it looked as if all the decomposition rotted the wood, but yeah after that all the random holes opening up at the same time was kinda silly.

Dead pig and the dead kid lead me to believe contaminated water maybe?

Cybsled

Maybe, but too many people drink from shared water sources. My guess is this: Someone decides to test a poison on the pig to see if it works. When it works, he/she decides to test it on a child (easier than trying it vs. an adult, since they would be more vulnerable). Don't forget the kid dropped pretty fast and Carl/Rick's reaction to the pig suggests it was a recent turn of events.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I didn't have a problem with the roof scene. The helicopter weakened the roof, a couple years of rain and other weather to weaken it more, they heard a sound from below, moved towards it and started falling in. Maybe the contractor skimped on parts in that area. Even if it was implausible, so what? It's a zombie show.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The first zombie falling through the roof and swinging by its intestines was fucking awesome! The first one made sense, it looked as if all the decomposition rotted the wood, but yeah after that all the random holes opening up at the same time was kinda silly.

Dead pig and the dead kid lead me to believe contaminated water maybe?
I would have no problem with the roof caving in the middle where it was shown to be weakened by the Helicopter crash. The Walkers should have went for the music as noted but Oh well.

But just all dropping in all over on all sides randomly is horrible. If they all poured through the same hole I could have accepted it.

Rick kept making eye contact with that one walker with Bleeding eyes at the fence. Then he would see the Pig. Then the kid dies a similar fashion and has bloody eyes. So I doubt its Internal poisoning when that Walker died the same way. I bet they go some form of plague. WIth the rotting dead all over and constant contact with them there has to be some kind of nasty infections waiting to happen.

Also, My wife thought that the crazy lady was like some kind of dead. She was convinced she was like a living Zombie.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would have no problem with the roof caving in the middle where it was shown to be weakened by the Helicopter crash. The Walkers should have went for the music as noted but Oh well.

But just all dropping in all over on all sides randomly is horrible. If they all poured through the same hole I could have accepted it.

Rick kept making eye contact with that one walker with Bleeding eyes at the fence. Then he would see the Pig. Then the kid dies a similar fashion and has bloody eyes. So I doubt its Internal poisoning when that Walker died the same way. I bet they go some form of plague. WIth the rotting dead all over and constant contact with them there has to be some kind of nasty infections waiting to happen.

Also, My wife thought that the crazy lady was like some kind of dead. She was convinced she was like a living Zombie.
My thought is that the virus has mutated and any sickness triggers the virus and kills/turns them.

Cybsled

Lol, for a few moments I thought the same, if only because the show runners kept talking about making walkers scary again this season/them evolving. "Send...more...paramedics..."

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I thought she was an intelligent zombie too. I figured that might be the case at first because it seemed that if you cleaned her up a little she'd be fairly attractive, which would make us sympathize more when she was constantly under threat of death from other members of the group. But alas, they went the more cliched and obvious route.

I will admit, I laughed my ass off when she changed the 30 days without an accident back to 0. That might make me a bad person, but it was funny as hell.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I thought she was an intelligent zombie too. I figured that might be the case at first because it seemed that if you cleaned her up a little she'd be fairly attractive, which would make us sympathize more when she was constantly under threat of death from other members of the group. But alas, they went the more cliched and obvious route.
The producers have been kidnapping hobos from LA and using them as zombies. Much cheaper, because their only real out of pocket expense is a half case of Two Buck Chuck every episode.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

I will admit, I laughed my ass off when she changed the 30 days without an accident back to 0. That might make me a bad person, but it was funny as hell.
Daryl making love to a Zombie day walker would have been sexy as hell

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Astrocreep: Makes posts about how he's done with the show. Has more posts than anyone else after episode airs.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't have a problem with the roof scene. The helicopter weakened the roof, a couple years of rain and other weather to weaken it more, they heard a sound from below, moved towards it and started falling in. Maybe the contractor skimped on parts in that area. Even if it was implausible, so what? It's a zombie show.

Yeah, thats all I'm saying, they did awesome building up to it. The first zombie falls and is swinging by intestines, that was fucking amazing. Then it was kinda corny having zombies fall through random holes that all open up at the same time despite them walking on this roof for a year. I really think they could have made that scene work with all the zombies funneling through the one central hole. Yeah, its nitpicking, but it was an "aw, come on" moment that didn't need to exist.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
How did a helecopter crash into the roof and not go through it to begin with? It'll rot to allow a walking dead body to go through it but somehow stopped a helecopter from crashing through it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Astrocreep: Makes posts about how he's done with the show. Has more posts than anyone else after episode airs.
yeah dude, im a big fat hypocrite. actually i had no intention of watching it, but i was looking forward to watching my favorite ID channel show, Unusual Suspects. but it was a repeat, so i had to choose Bar Rescue or TWD. i chose TWD because i like watching Bar Rescue on the net with no commercial breaks, if i watch TWD i can shit on it during the commercials. hell that was so bad i was doing it during the show as well. that roof looked like it was made of corrugated tin with wood bracing. i dunno if that could hold a helicopter's weight. also dont care who gets the plague or posioned or whateverfuck. the black people will be the first recurring characters to die along with white people that were never shown before the episode they die in.