The Walking Dead

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Were the writers replaced after the second season? Seasons 1 and 2 were awesome and I'm just wondering how it could have become the worst show on television.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
No clue how people liked season 2. That farm was beyond boring. The only redeeming quality of that season was the final standoff with Shane.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Were the writers replaced after the second season? Seasons 1 and 2 were awesome and I'm just wondering how it could have become the worst show on television.
AMC will take it being labeled 'worst show on TV' if it constantly gets these ratings. It even outdrew Cowboys/Redskins, which is some sort of accomplishment.

10.4 Million Adults 18-49 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Premiere is Highest Rated Episode Ever With 16.1 Million Viewers & 10.4 Million Adults 18-49

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Didn't read the comics... Did TWD have live people who started to act like zombies similar to WWZ?
I've read all the comics, i'll be TWD comic guy, while sometimes it's hard to separate tv from comics (sometimes it just get's jumbled up) there has never been ppl actin like zombies... BUT, i think i know where crazy woman + nerd boy zombie is going, maybe. Plus they have an unusual influx of kids now, (i have hopes that they revisit a storyline that i thought was junked).

but then again we don't know how much they want to take from TWD comics material, since they've stated they want to be different.

i really don't care for this crappy show, i just want to see Glenn be happy with Maggie. An asian guy with the hottest white girl on the show is an amazing concept, which is weird cuz in the comics she's "ok" looking and as annoying as season3 andrea was (you just wanted maggie to die). Not tv maggie, just show tv maggie and glenn(tv/game/comics he's awesome in any but tv is the best portrayal) living it up in a prison doing food runs, while Glenn has quite possibly is the only man on Earth who has to deal with a Father-in-law that's alive and kinda grumpy cuz he's got one leg.

Cybsled

I kind of dread the episode were Maggie gets pregnant and Glenn is ok with it, because you know the writers are going to stab you in the feels shortly thereafter.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
My guess the kid died of Ebola. Its fast acting, can cause bleeding from eyes, mouth, and other areas, and pigs can catch it. Supporting this theory they introduced notzombie girl, a traveller from another country that got stuck in the US because of the end of the world. So someone with Ebola came in on the last flight to the US and no one quaratined him. In the real world the CDC and organizations like it watch for this stuff and quarantine, in TWD world we know what happened to the CDC.

And yeah the hundred falling zombies was a bit of a stretch.

Bane_sl

shitlord
So how far out from the apocalypse or day one or whatever are we now? Are there really still stores full of boozes and food and stuff at this point? Figure that would be picked dry.

And I am sorry, a helicopter crashing on that roof would have taken that building down.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
And I am sorry, a helicopter crashing on that roof would have taken that building down.
To devil's advocate, It could have been a "soft" crash. Not a straight dive from 10,000 ft but a controlled crash from 100 ft. What sucks is you have to do this type advocating for the entire show and all the time.

Goatface

So how far out from the apocalypse or day one or whatever are we now?
couple of the places guess 550 or so days, season 3 ended around day 320ish.

To devil's advocate, It could have been a "soft" crash. Not a straight dive from 10,000 ft but a controlled crash from 100 ft. What sucks is you have to do this type advocating for the entire show and all the time.
along that lines, it could have been hovering trying to land and just flopped over on it side with your normal zombies hanging from the landing gear.

could also say, the walkers were not on the roof until they let them out of fenced in area.

Cybsled

Well, I assume the zombies were passengers on the heli (evac?), which crashed. That was a pretty big heli and most of them had civilian clothing, so the evac theory seems plausible.

The only problem with the virus theory is method of infection. From what we have seen, it acts pretty fast (the kid seemed ok for most of the day, then was dead that night) and we are assuming it can cross species (pigs are a bridge species from a disease perspective). So if the pig and the kid both had the same virus, that would suggest they were both infected via the same method and had similar gestation periods. It's pretty safe to say that water, airborne, and food can be ruled out (the other pigs were fine and no one else seems sick besides the kid). There was that bloody eye zombie at the fence (person who died via same method). We can assume the pig and the kid didn't touch the zombie, though. A non-human carrier may be possible, like an insect (fly? mosquito? flea?). If anything, that might be the most probable.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
But just all dropping in all over on all sides randomly is horrible. If they all poured through the same hole I could have accepted it.
This made perfect sense to me. Did you notice that the roof structure was comprised of one steel beam (warped way out of shape) with the ceiling tiles comprising the actual roof. No other supports or sheathing were visible. The copter must have hit that one I-beam perfectly.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I was not disappointed by the season premier. I was able to find things to hate at least every 5 minutes. It did little to sell the 4th season outside of insinuating that shit will hit the fan quickly with the young boy's infection. I assume he managed to contract zombie AIDS by fellating the walkers at the fence. Another heavy handed element was how much Carl and Rick have, supposedly, been rehabilitated to something approaching normal. This will likely change slowly in a very boring, melodramatic, and nonsensical fashion. Conceptually, I can understanding developing the prison into something approaching a town. As a viewer, I have difficulties believing the sense of normalcy as little of the show's screen time has been spent depicting the prison in this state. I can't wait to watch next week to see what disposable redshirt gets thrown to the zombies.

Ganthorn

N00b
I didn't have a problem with all the zombies walking onto the crash site and causing a collapse there but the random holes all over was over the top. They should have just had them come pouring in around that hole with maybe 1 or 2 other soft spots around that area. Not one zombie every 3 feet.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I successfully avoided watching this season's opener. I'm better than all of you
Me too. That video posted before it aired pretty much reminded me of why I swore to stop watching.

I'm kind of disappointed that people aren't complaining about it being more retarded, to be honest.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
No holes in the roof until that first zombie fell through from the looks of the inside. Just seemed odd with the shape the plane was in.

HSQrcnL.jpg

PyVdgRP.jpg

Terial

Trakanon Raider
while i gripe about the roof scene too, we all gripe too much and over analyze way too fucking much...
let's see here, since we are going to start looking at angles and hole depth and such...
- there are too many intestines holding up the guy, we have small and large and neither of them wrap around our backs to suspend us in midair.
- the shelves in the store are all metal and sturdy (except for the _one_ the fell) it's made of wood... wtf
- how did the zombies get on the roof... if they are the passengers, then where were the ones that were mangled from the crash that turned into zombies, if they got up there to eat the passengers somehow, where are the dead bodies of the eaten people

we can do this all day, bottom line is most of us really enjoy the show, so why nitpick, we can find issues with every episode going back to season 1 and onwards.

-