The Walking Dead

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watched all 3 seasons over holidays.

Meh.

Season 1 was pretty good. Liked season 2 a little bit better. 3rd season was complete and utter shit to me. Had potential, but the writing has gotten "Dexter" bad.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
He's in the minority of people, with me and a couple others on here, who find the most interesting aspect the societal issues raised in the scenario. The zombies are a backdrop, thus a lack of AGMZOBMIEACTION for a few episodes is largely unnoticed by us. I agree with him, from that perspective seasons 1 and 2 were great, and 3 has gone downhill.

I didn't like the slowness of season 2 or the hiding but it did have a decent story to it.

Although, season 2 could have definitely had better pacing. If they weren't trying to save money by shooting mostly on the farm it could have been better.

Now, with the entire show left to a bunch of retards running in circles with no plan other than "survive" it gets repetitive. Especially when they make the same mistakes and get caught in the same stupid situations. Makes me face palm every time this supposedly rugged and experienced zombie apocalypse survivor group gets the "surprise, ninja zombies!!" treatment.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If this show was written and acted really, really well. And I meanreallywell. I could understand that perspective.

However, I think the writing is absolute shit and that every character plays some over exaggerated American stereotype. So I want zombies. Zombies zombies zombies.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I like the show as it's been happening from season 1 to now, no major complaints from me.
smile.png

If this show was written and acted really, really well. And I meanreallywell. I could understand that perspective.

However, I think the writing is absolute shit and thatevery character plays some over exaggerated American stereotype. So I want zombies. Zombies zombies zombies.
I think every character has the depth of a Kardashian. I wish the writing would begin to head toward the exaggeration of something, anything. For a show that claims to be about characters, not zombies, everyone is two dimensional.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't have an issue with him being a badass all the sudden. We had almost a year (7-8 months) between season 2 and 3, and who knows how long everything has been going on all together. At that age he's going though a lot of mental development and slowly changing into the person he's going to be for some years. Being in full survival mode during that period of time, that's going to become a part of who he is. While adults are dealing with the situation around them, Carl is adapting to it. I get that.

I disliked Carl in season 1 and even more in season 2, I find myself being okay with him so far in season 3.
That's how I feel too. Everyone is bitching about the world being such a depressing place and how it's better just to kill yourself instead of trying to survive in a bleak environment and how raising children in the world would be evil.

Meanwhile the only child in the show is adapting and thriving in his environment.

I also didn't think the transformation was as sudden as people say. When he found the cache of weapons on the highway and wanted the axe I thought he was on his way to being a badass.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They could make it easier on them if they weren't:
1. Living in a lush environment
2. 'surviving' where 99% of humans died leaving fresh supplies, ammunition etc for everyone.
3. fighting against the weakest zombies ever.

The struggles they go through just seem so contrived and it's silly whenever they get killed by a zombie. The only time I feel like the zombies are a legit threat are when there's 50+ of them. Otherwise a few people with some spears should ace them np.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
The struggles they go through just seem so contrived and it's silly whenever they get killed by a zombie. The only time I feel like the zombies are a legit threat are when there's 50+ of them. Otherwise a few people with some spears should ace them np.
Which is pretty much the point of the comics like has been said before in these threads. It's not the zombies that are the problem, it's humans and their ego or whatever fucking up and fucking around that get people killed and causes conflict.

nooodles_sl

shitlord
I believe that the zombie was created as an allegory for the way that people live out their modern lives, repeating the same menial tasks ad nauseum.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a reminder the season starts back up this Sunday (Feb 10th). I know most of you have been counting down the days.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Just a reminder the season starts back up this Sunday (Feb 10th). I know most of you have been counting down the days.
Okay that was pretty funny, but I actually am looking forward to this! Archer, Spartacus, Walking Dead.. and then game of thrones in a month
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't wait for Chuk to start nerd raging on this show, that's half the fun of watching it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lol. Im getting close to running out of fucks to give for this show. Its become monotonous. Ill give it til the end of the season before I bail. I promise I wont nerd rage, though I still reserve right to nitpick. :)?

Edit
Oh and speaking of cheese, what ever happened to that power outage show on nbc, ya know the one with the weepy katniss chick and the star wars easter eggs?