The Walking Dead

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Don't understand why people expect such deep and intelligent writing for a show about zombies
I don't understand why a show couldn't or shouldn't have good writing just because zombies are a theme. And yes, only a theme since we should all be smart enough to know by now this show isn't about zombies. And even if it were, why don't viewers of a show "about" zombies deserve better writing instead of this shit where they constantly end on cliffhangers that are just poor attempts at suspense by not finishing the logical storyline is lazy. It's not asking for deep and intelligent writing. It's asking for them to not be hacks and then complain when they get the exact reaction out of fans they set themselves up for. They literally stopped a scene right in the middle as a season ending cliffhanger to drive up speculation, and are now getting butthurt that fans are speculating. Which would be less terrible but that episode was also boring as shit as they repeated the same drive-around-to-find-inexplicable-road-blocks scene over and over. It was basically an entire stupid episode building to one scene that they were too chicken shit or dumb to even finish. And they're going to get pissy when fans start speculating on the outcome?

Devlin

Golden Squire
The scripts are generally good.

The problems are when characters do things completely out of character and when a zombie out of nowhere appears.

These guys have been living in that world for a while now, they should be sharp and on guard at all times.

Goatface

my theory is they give to much power to the sfx team. there are so many scenes that happen just to pull off some "crazy kill"

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agree. I think that he's a great Negan. Sadistic, terrible and fairly likeable all at once.
Are you insane?

Fairly likeable? The guy who basically makes killing someone part of every deal, so the other side "gets it"?
He came off comically over the top as a sadist and an idiot.

It was a fucking farce. It seems the Negans boys outnumber all the people on the entire show shown before, combined. Easily hundreds of people strong, they just appear, with no trace of such a large group ever showing up before. Curious, when they launched season 1, was the comic already this far? They could have, if they wanted to, dropped hints of such a megagroup being somewhere around. What the fuck did all these people eat in the last two years?

And they're willing to set up half a dozen roadblocks for the entire day on the chance that the RV might move out? They have nothing else to do, because what's off camera doesn't exist I guess.

The finale was fucking boring, too. I couldn't wait for it to end. It was the same thing over and over and over. Just like the entire show is now, to be honest. The next bad they will have to top Negan, so he has to have at least a thousand men under his command.

As for the Cliffhanger, yeah good luck hiding who died while shooting the next season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
eugene?
lol, 2:03 was my second car. 1969 plymouth fury 4door pillarless sedan. roll all the windows down, set your wing windows, open up the air vents and at 65 on the highway you feel like you're in a wind tunnel. i even spun out once like that. scared the shit out of me.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
vxuoMW6YBt6UsxvMfRNwRl9LtWS.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Walking Dead[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2010-10-31[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes awakens from a coma to find a post-apocalyptic world dominated by flesh-eating zombies. He sets out to find his family and encounters many other survivors along the way.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

- Season Premier October 23, 2016 -

So who got Lucille?

Last edited by a moderator:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There was a rumor going around that it was 2 people.

I am betting Abraham myself. He got his big personal arc last season that is usually a tell tale sign of your demise.

Oldbased

> Than U
Someone told me another site has a polling and it was Abe and Glenn somehow. Don't know. Would seem odd given we only saw Negan beating down one in the finale so I wouldn't trust that either probably. I do know the major spoiler site got sued/shut down or something months back so not sure what his info was based on or if it was accurate at all.
Still not watching anymore after the senseless cliffhanger and apparently many others aren't either. You can't do shit on the net without seeing articles and people bitching about things and I've seen plenty of upset people over it. I tried watched Fear of the Walking Dead and I don't know I just couldn't get into it much then by the time the ending came I didn't really care if some of them died and got split or whatever.

Hell a lot of shows like that for me this year. I loved 12 Monkeys last year and I watched this year and I still don't understand a damn thing that really happened. Digging Dark Matter though. Still mad The Last Ship killed the doctor. She made the first 2 seasons imo.

Inque

FunEmployed
This will be the first season I probably skip and wait for the inevitable Blu-ray release to binge during snow days. Most of Season 6 could have been condensed into 3-4 solid episodes with all the bullshit but that's about par for the course with the Walking Dead since Season 3.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
This will be the first season I probably skip and wait for the inevitable Blu-ray release to binge during snow days. Most of Season 6 could have been condensed into 3-4 solid episodes with all the bullshit but that's about par for the course with the Walking Dead since Season 3.

or be like me, just download it and skip over the boring parts at x4 speed

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We do viewing parties. Now that I am moving I may not watch anymore.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
After watching this video, I am pretty well convinced that it was Michonne that got the business end of Lucille.