The Walking Dead

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
'Walking Dead' Expansion Plans Revealed: Andrew Lincoln to Lead 3 AMC Movies
The actor, who officially departed the flagship series Sunday, will reprise his role as Rick Grimes in a trio of big-budget, feature-length movies that will air on the basic cable network as content chief officer Scott M. Gimple talks with The Hollywood Reporter about his larger plan for the franchise
"The story of Rick will go on in films," Gimple says. "Right now, we're working on three but there's flexibility in that. … Over the next several years, we're going to be doing specials, new series are quite a possibility, high-quality digital content and then some content that defies description at the moment. We're going to dig into the past and see old characters. We're going to introduce new characters and new situations."
Honestly this is lame as fuck. I can't see where this will even pay off for them

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
3 movies based off a dying TV show? yeah, thats NEVER gonna happen if these guys still want to have a network.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Three movies airing on the same cable network as the show. Not big screen.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If Stargate SG-1 could manage 3 network movies, then I'm sure something like Walking Dead can without much issue

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If Stargate SG-1 could manage 3 network movies, then I'm sure something like Walking Dead can without much issue
this network doesnt have big bucks, TWD is their flagship. Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are produced by Sony and AMC gets little if no residuals from their success. TWD is their only winner in a long line of losers. Is FTWD a hit? why would anyone believe that more TWD will be a net gain?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually think this will. Their biggest challenge is luring people back into it. Personally I have really enjoyed the 5 episodes of this season far more than anything they shit out from 6-8 combined, and is slightly better than 5 or at the very least on par with it. Yeah it still has the dumb TWD logic, as it always had, like the wagon scene, for sure. And no, it is not The Wire or anything like that either. But for an hour of fun TV on the couch with the wife each Sunday night, it's not that bad. However, you can only write so many checks that you cannot cash, and that's exactly what they did for over 40 episodes.

I definitely think the movies have potential because Andrew Lincoln/Rick is awesome, and Gimple is really good on short burst things. He produced some of the best individual episodes of the series. He just absolutely sucked at putting together a cohesive meta story of an entire 16 episode season. I think he will be good at little 2 episode size chunks. And while I can't say for sure, but the little tease of what's to come they showed last night shows some real promise.

I think the quality of the product will be just fine. However, I'm not too sure that it's just too little too late at this point. And I'm legit shocked that AMC took this gamble, but hey as long as the ride is decently fun, I don't have anything else to do on Sunday nights so I'm in.

Cybsled

Eh, didn't they get only 2? 1 was technically just a show wrap up because SG-1 got canceled, then they did the whole "oh ya, we forgot about Baal" movie...then that was it. I think they had plans to do some Atlantis movies, but the SG-1 stand alones didn't do as well as they hoped and they ended up canceling them.

Juvarisx

Florida
Stargate movies were hosed by the giant recession more or less. It hit MGM really hard and they couldn't gamble on the movies not making money

Goatface

SG movies sold 413k and 410k copies, but 1st one made $11.8m while the 2nd $9.3
reportedly the budget for each was $7m
2008 netflick took off and physical media sales was dropping like a rock
plus MGM was having money issues and ending up filing for bankruptcy 2 years later.

=

FTW was doing good and i thought it was less stupid than TWD
but they fucked up and killed to many of the main cast

=

Lincoln will not show up again on the flagship series.

=

Gimple said the movies are expected to air on AMC. But he doesn’t rule anything out, including perhaps a theatrical release or a partnership with a streaming service. AMC Studios and the producers behind “The Walking Dead” have met with various outlets (including Netflix and Amazon) to pitch a new multi-prong universe featuring films, specials, series, digital content, and more.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
SG movies sold 413k and 410k copies, but 1st one made $11.8m while the 2nd $9.3
reportedly the budget for each was $7m
2008 netflick took off and physical media sales was dropping like a rock
plus MGM was having money issues and ending up filing for bankruptcy 2 years later.

=

FTW was doing good and i thought it was less stupid than TWD
but they fucked up and killed to many of the main cast

=

Lincoln will not show up again on the flagship series.

=

Gimple said the movies are expected to air on AMC. But he doesn’t rule anything out, including perhaps a theatrical release or a partnership with a streaming service. AMC Studios and the producers behind “The Walking Dead” have met with various outlets (including Netflix and Amazon) to pitch a new multi-prong universe featuring films, specials, series, digital content, and more.

I agree with the Fear assesment. They should have just ended the series at the end of 3 and did Morgan's spin off as a completely different show. What cast from the original Fear that's left isn't even really playing a major roll at all and it was kind of pointless to slog through a half season of them getting rid of them. Not only that Morgan making his way all the way to Texas just seemed to be too much of a stretch, even for my non picky ass.

• 1Like

Goatface

Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride Sign New Walking Dead Deals
Reedus and McBride are now the only actors to have been on the show since its inaugural season. Their “groundbreaking” new deals allow them to freely move between any Walking Dead properties that the network is planning. Whether this refers to new spinoff series, web exclusives, or feature-length movies remains to be seen.

The report says that Reedus will make $350,000 per episode along with guarantees and advances that allegedly fall in the $50-90 million range.
McBride’s three-year total is estimated to be around $20 million

=

if Carol is going to be making that much, they will have to back the truck up for Michonne

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Only been reading online reviews and plot summaries of this show anymore, and so far felt that that course of action is a good call.

My question is: Would "The Walking Dead" be dragged out like this if it wasn't AMC producing it? The more I ponder the show, the more I can't blame the actors, directors, crew etc. but blame the money-hungry brass at AMC for trying to milk their big cow until people got sick of it and ruining a really, really great show. By stretching out plot-lines and narratives that should've been episodes long into seasons long, it probably burned out every person on the creative side of things too. I feel other companies or studios or whatever that had other successful ventures would have had a successful end-game strategy and executed it efficiently and/or pulled the plug in some for or another but... what else does AMC have?

Granted it wasn't perfect by any stretch, but now? Ouch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

any network that got those types of ratings would certainly milk it for every ounce they could.
surprised they waited so long to start branching out more.

they should have been putting out a new show every year or 2.
no idea why they didn't do localize shows, at one point it popular in over 100 countries
Walking Dead Korea, UK, Germany, Russia etc
should have top gear'd the hell out of it

i don't blame AMC totally. the whole production crew has a hand in mucking the show up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Only been reading online reviews and plot summaries of this show anymore, and so far felt that that course of action is a good call.

My question is: Would "The Walking Dead" be dragged out like this if it wasn't AMC producing it? The more I ponder the show, the more I can't blame the actors, directors, crew etc. but blame the money-hungry brass at AMC for trying to milk their big cow until people got sick of it and ruining a really, really great show. By stretching out plot-lines and narratives that should've been episodes long into seasons long, it probably burned out every person on the creative side of things too. I feel other companies or studios or whatever that had other successful ventures would have had a successful end-game strategy and executed it efficiently and/or pulled the plug in some for or another but... what else does AMC have?

Granted it wasn't perfect by any stretch, but now? Ouch.
i dont blame the cast at all. i dont even blame lincoln for leaving, he had his run, but i DO blame the showrunners for killing off Carl and Glenn and Abraham because they were the logical choices to take over the reigns when Rick left. Carol is a badass Solid Snake, but not much of a motivator. my top pick would have been Abraham, but i guess he was too one dimensional America Fuck Yeah to ever be allowed to be the new commander.

Last edited:

Goatface

ratings only up 6% from last week
2.07 demo and 5.414 total viewers
still down 660k total viewers and .42 in the demo from the premier
next weeks ratings will be interesting

=
writers also made Eugene in to a terrible character
in the books he hardened up some, the show is still comes off as a creepy tard.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
The Walking Dead
Monsters
Season: 8
Episode: 3
Air date: 2017-11-05

Guest stars: Callan McAuliffe
Conflict with the Saviors leads to unintended consequences for the Hilltop, the Kingdom, and Alexandria; morality proves tricky in wartime.

ignore. i was retarded

Cybsled

I kind of liked the giant time jump (6 years it sounds like). Everything is more 19th century, you establish a new normal, etc. Judith seems to have taken over comic Carl’s conversations with Negan and Henry with Carl’s Hilltop stuff.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
all thats left is for someone to date a zombie

• 1Worf