The Walking Dead

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
watched 04-12 now, you guys really are bitching about anything or nothing at all. At least when you can actually point out specifics it makes sense. But a character development episode with two actual actors in it? That was a really solid episode.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
is that all that character development means? Finding out about their past?

I guess you wanted to see them fuck. This isn't HBO.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I would say so, Cybsled. I mentioned this last week and I'm not sure if theve been doing it every episode this year but this is the second time now where I felt there was an unneeded super happy fucking fun time song. I really hope they dont keep this shit going.

I have LOVED this show since day one and I get all the stupid, pointless, mind boggling things and just shrug them off most the time. but this... Black drunk: "I have to find, Maggie. I can't let her be alone. Ohh you dont want to come with me to look for, Maggie? I'm leaving without you and you will be alone"

Cybsled

Well if Beth was grabbed by you know who and they did you know what, it would make it much more tragic since she had helped Daryl.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The back half of this series is the death knell. I can't stand the slow pace and tempo. It's become a chore to watch this now and I like to enjoy my TV.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Hmm, the last scene with Daryl

are those the Hunters/cannibals?
Those were the same guys that came into the house Rick was in. The leader was the guy sitting on the porch above Rick.

I actually kind of figured we hadn't seen the last of them since I recognized that actor from other shows and movies.

Edit: found him, it's this guy:Jeff Kober - IMDb

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
H3RpbLU.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was fairly terrible, why the fuck are there endless zombie hordes attacking every house daryl and beth run into? i mean seriously, i can see one or 2 wandering zombies hearing something and then just going in to see whats up. but this is like an organized raid on those 2 at this point. i guess beth was kidnapped or something?

Golt_sl

shitlord
that was fairly terrible, why the fuck are there endless zombie hordes attacking every house daryl and beth run into? i mean seriously, i can see one or 2 wandering zombies hearing something and then just going in to see whats up. but this is like an organized raid on those 2 at this point. i guess beth was kidnapped or something?
Clearly she was kidnapped by more advanced walkers that could drive, they used a raiding party to flush her out first

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Felt like a whole plot line was setup that went nowhere. The large grave-yard house: being really clean and neat inside, then finds a pantry with lots of food. Daryl realises that the stuff has been freshly stacked 'no dust' I was expecting some resolution to this ( well perhaps it's still too come when some other group that we follow also finds the place and some answers )

But today, it went nowhere "oh I think there's someone at the door" I'll just pull it open without checking"

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Do post apocalyptic survivors forget what glass is? Peep holes? Anything? "Hey, i heard a noise, let's go open the door as wide as possible!". Also, I am not sure I saw it correctly or not, but was Maggie just laying out in the street hanging out with some bodies? I get she is losing it, but let's be serious.

The pace is still killing me. I saw the advert for only 3 episodes left this season, oh? So if we are lucky, we may get to see Terminus? People on railroad tracks are similar to Spirit Bombs on Dragonball Z. They just fill episodes with nothing.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Felt like a whole plot line was setup that went nowhere. The large grave-yard house: being really clean and neat inside, then finds a pantry with lots of food. Daryl realises that the stuff has been freshly stacked 'no dust' I was expecting some resolution to this ( well perhaps it's still too come when some other group that we follow also finds the place and some answers )
In regards to the really clean house, etc. I kind of figured that the kidnappers stocked the house to lull traveler's in and take them. Seems like a stretch given the number of people that would pass by though.

Goatface

figured it was all a setup, from the house to the dog to the walkers.

thought it was pretty good for the show. certainly don't have a high bar set for it, but they have had a lot worse.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Yea, i'm interested in the whole Maggie laying in the street near walkers as well... wtf was that. She was not covered with blood to mask her smell or anything (which is what i thought she was doign when she opened up the body)
so, wtf is up with laying with walkers.

Daryl opening the door wide open is beyond against his character :/

What also bugs me is how close all this was to the Prison.... i mean these people went on runs and outside the prison for months, and nobody ever ran into the tracks or 1 sign about this place for safe haven? Then suddenly the prison is gone and almost everyone find the tracks and the signs to go there.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
is that all that character development means? Finding out about their past?

I guess you wanted to see them fuck. This isn't HBO.
Good writers develop characters in the contexts of actions, story, plot, etc. They don't just have an episode where two characters are in scenes contrived so they can sit and talk. That's not character development. It's shit writing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Good writers develop characters in the contexts of actions, story, plot, etc. They don't just have an episode where two characters are in scenes contrived so they can sit and talk. That's not character development. It's shit writing.
this. a good example of character development is when Kyle Reece who has been stalking Sarah Connor all of a sudden jumps up pulls out the sawed off shotgun and blasts the terminator in Tech Noir, he then goes to Sarah extends his hand and says, "come with with me if you want to live". up until that point we thought Kyle was maybe another terminator, now we know he is there to protect Sarah from the Terminator. that episode of walking dead, was just these 2 hams meandering around acting pissy, daryl reveals he is a redneck and is also a mean redneck drunk, beth reveals she is a small town girl who never got off the farm much. mind blown, right?