The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I thought I saw somewhere that one of the major writing contributors left the show in the last season which is why It sorts of starts to stretch the bounds of believability somewhat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This sentimental motherfucker just cost us money. lol

I love his initial reaction too. "The fuck you do that for? Now we're short the nine!"

Show is so good at sprinking humor in. Even for dark and dramatic scenes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Finished watching yesterday.
Fuck me. Still feel a bit empty when it ends.
I think season 5 is "less good" mainly because the new characters have have no development whatsoever. Gus is the good journalist, doesn't want sensationalism and does not want to make shit up, Templeton is the asshole on the opposite side, the chief editor is a fucking idiot and prefers a prize than reporting the truth.... And this is it! They offer almost nothing more to the narrative, no personal story, nothing to care about.
McNulty being a psicopath is so good, he and Lester completely fucked and also helped the entire department and the local government ahah
In terms of ranking: 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 >5

PS: My girl cheered and we high-fived when this happened ahah
"That was for Joe."

These new motherfuckers think there's no code. It's all kill or be killed. But even killers need a code.

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
it's so sad to see the immense TDS of David Simon, how he defended the same kind of crooked baltimore politicians his show condemned just because of orange man bad really shows he didn't really believe his own message.

S5 is the most topical today, because it shows how fake news is made and rewarded.

but overall, it's S4,S2,S1,S3 and S5.

Also, the most poignant display of how the real power players vs the street power players view the world:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just got into this recently. Goddamn is it good, but man it is depressing just how real this shit is. Just finished up season 3 tonight. Show's fuckin' amazing, I dunno how I hadn't watched it until now.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Worried what Modern politics will do to this show...

Just got into this recently. Goddamn is it good, but man it is depressing just how real this shit is. Just finished up season 3 tonight. Show's fuckin' amazing, I dunno how I hadn't watched it until now.

It being so real is exactly why it is so good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I know that All Blues appears in S1 Old Cases. Black Star's Hater Players appears in The Cost. Lake Wobegon and Waylon Jennings appear in Ebb tide. Most people don't know enough.

I'm looking for the jazz song in Sentencing with Daniels roughly at 0:23. If anybody knows lmk. I'm fairly sure it's Coltrane.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hard to believe this is sneaking up on 20 years since its premiere. Giving it another watch through because there is fuck all else to watch.

21.gif

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, time flies.

Watching season 5 again and have a new appreciation for the "newsroom" story.

Really well done.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bisi is almost done yet another viewing of this show.

I think I'm ready to change my fave season to S4 (the school system season). Too damn good.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I saw 1080p bluray rips were out of all seasons, not sure the difference in quality between that and the HBO Max WEB-DL rips. I just added two 12TB drives to my raid array so might download and compare em.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I saw 1080p bluray rips were out of all seasons, not sure the difference in quality between that and the HBO Max WEB-DL rips. I just added two 12TB drives to my raid array so might download and compare em.

You've never seen a 1080p vs a 1080 web dl before?

You need to download 5 seasons to do a comparison?

Jesus Christ, you never fail to disappoint

• 1Salty

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Bisi is almost done yet another viewing of this show.

I think I'm ready to change my fave season to S4 (the school system season). Too damn good.
My favorite will always been season 4 because of how the kids progress from acting like normal children (playing pranks, getting into scuffles, acting up in school) to that dark turn about 3/4th of the way through. Michael starts to become a legit killer, Namond realizes what the “life” he tries so hard to pretend to be in is really about and how the game really destroys all the families around it. That really unruly young kid lashing out and talking about finding his mom dead just gets to me every time.

Chris beating Michael’s step dad to death is still one of the most savage things in the entire series.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
My favorite will always been season 4 because of how the kids progress from acting like normal children (playing pranks, getting into scuffles, acting up in school) to that dark turn about 3/4th of the way through. Michael starts to become a legit killer, Namond realizes what the “life” he tries so hard to pretend to be in is really about and how the game really destroys all the families around it. That really unruly young kid lashing out and talking about finding his mom dead just gets to me every time.

Chris beating Michael’s step dad to death is still one of the most savage things in the entire series.
minor detail, but pretty sure that dude wasn't married to Michael's mom and was just Bug's father. Definitely some underlying shit with Chris though, that was brutal as fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
minor detail, but pretty sure that dude wasn't married to Michael's mom and was just Bug's father. Definitely some underlying shit with Chris though, that was brutal as fuck.
Just sounded better than “Michael’s mom’s baby’s daddy”

That how good the writing is. You learn almost all you need to know about one character’s background without them saying anything about it.