The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just started rewatching this last week. Figured I'd watch an episode or two during some downtime. Already on s3. Cannot be overstated how fucking good this show is. And it still holds up, all these years later.

By the way boys, season 2 is fucking good. Rewatch the series and get a new found respect for the blue collar pollocks.

S2 is also the season Omar makes Levy look like a punk in the courtroom

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm all the way up to season 5 on my rewatch and goddamn. The dude who plays Bubbles is one of the best actors of our generation. Andre Royo. Fuckin bubs steals the show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
S2 was my favorite overall, in an overall fantastic series.

Erronius Erronius have you started this yet? Read the last ten or so comments and look at the praise. It is time.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watching for the 4th time (1st time for my Gf) and still holds up as the best ever.
My gf is really digging it and loves Omar character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Watching for the 4th time (1st time for my Gf) and still holds up as the best ever.
My gf is really digging it and loves Omar character.

B0CE38B4-77DE-416A-A8E8-828C124385C6.jpeg

• 3Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Unless you're wearing a "Thomas J. Carcetti MAYOR", "Kavanagh's Irish Pub", "Re-Elect Frank Sobotka" or even some oldschool Baltimore PD T-shirt there's absolutely no way you won't look like a turbo douchebag as soon as people would enquire about your outfit. Wearing character quotes T-Shirts is the best way anyone could do to tell the world what an insufferable, hipster asshole you are. What are you're gonna wear if you ever loved Frozen, "Let it Snow?". Even Che Guevara or "I'm with stupid" T-Shirts are better.

Last edited:
  • 2Salty
  • 1Dislike
Unless you're wearing a "Thomas J. Carcetti MAYOR", "Kavanagh's Irish Pub", "Re-Elect Frank Sobotka" or even some oldschool Baltimore PD T-shirt there's absolutely no way you won't look like a turbo douchebag as soon as people would enquire about your outfit. Wearing character quotes T-Shirts is the best way anyone could do to tell the world what an insufferable, hipster asshole you are. What are you're gonna wear if you ever loved Frozen, "Let it Snow?". Even Che Guevara or "I'm with stupid" T-Shirts are better.

But some of us *are* all that. Now, I know, there is this thin, thin line between clever and stupid, but really you gotta see how I roll in person to believe it. I actually wear Hai Karate. Found a 12 pack of it at a thrift store back in '89, before the ebay fucks started vacuuming up anything of value.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

This scene... Holy shit ahah
My girl was like "why is he doing this? "
Me "I don't know but is funny as hell"

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester

Oh, indeed.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Just started rewatching this last week. Figured I'd watch an episode or two during some downtime. Already on s3. Cannot be overstated how fucking good this show is. And it still holds up, all these years later.

By the way boys, season 2 is fucking good. Rewatch the series and get a new found respect for the blue collar pollocks.

S2 is also the season Omar makes Levy look like a punk in the courtroom

First watch, hated S2. Subsequent watches... I like s2 a lot.

It's just really jarring the first time.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Nah season two was good the first time. Dug they had the balls to change everything. How could you not like ziggy? The almost shakespearean tragedy shit of frank? The duck? The fine ass titties?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Im rewatching this now as well.

Nick Sobotka's girl might have the best tits I have ever seen

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Finished my first watch of the series last night. Late to the party, so sue me. I will freely admit while I was watching it that I was one of "those guys" who couldn't stop talking about it.

S4 was the pinnacle for me. Anything that followed that had to be a letdown.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'd rate them 3,1,2,4,5 in order of my liking them. I never used to like season 2 but it's grown on me upon rewatches. 5 is the weakest of the bunch but it's still real good, Clarke Peters was probably the saving grace for me and I liked how it tied in with McNulty's bullshit serial killer scheme.

Sterling

El Presidente
People rate the seasons in whatever order, but it's pretty universal that 5 is the worst. The McNutty/Freeman stuff and some of the of paper stuff was legit not good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users