The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Finally covered the whole thread. Probably going to wait for a rewatch but looking for the next fix. Probably Gneration Kill.

I also follow Bosch, binged the latest season of that this weekend as well.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Any ranking of seasons that doesn’t have S3 in first place is invalid.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Whichever season bunk sets fire to his clothes after banging that bar hoe is the best one!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EWFyN3YUEAEx7ea.jpg

• 17Worf
Reactions: 16 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finished watching yesterday.
Fuck me. Still feel a bit empty when it ends.
I think season 5 is "less good" mainly because the new characters have have no development whatsoever. Gus is the good journalist, doesn't want sensationalism and does not want to make shit up, Templeton is the asshole on the opposite side, the chief editor is a fucking idiot and prefers a prize than reporting the truth.... And this is it! They offer almost nothing more to the narrative, no personal story, nothing to care about.
McNulty being a psicopath is so good, he and Lester completely fucked and also helped the entire department and the local government ahah
In terms of ranking: 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 >5

PS: My girl cheered and we high-fived when this happened ahah

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finished watching yesterday.
Fuck me. Still feel a bit empty when it ends.
I think season 5 is "less good" mainly because the new characters have have no development whatsoever. Gus is the good journalist, doesn't want sensationalism and does not want to make shit up, Templeton is the asshole on the opposite side, the chief editor is a fucking idiot and prefers a prize than reporting the truth.... And this is it! They offer almost nothing more to the narrative, no personal story, nothing to care about.
McNulty being a psicopath is so good, he and Lester completely fucked and also helped the entire department and the local government ahah
In terms of ranking: 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 >5

PS: My girl cheered and we high-fived when this happened ahah

My rankings as well, might re-watch this for the 6th time with all this downtime

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Ranking s4 so low should be a crime.

f63aab74600863598a188472b3c91444.jpg

Dat rise of Michael

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
4 is very good, just frustrating because you want something positive for these kids, but its not like that.

5 is the only one that just isn't up to standard. Idk, maybe Simon was under pressure to end it or something, just feels different than the others. And the main storyline of the paper and McNulty is not good.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Ranking s4 so low should be a crime.

View attachment 264844

Dat rise of Michael
I mean when I said that my rankings were 3 1 2 4 5, the gaps between the first 4 are real small. The gap between 3 and 4 are significantly smaller than the gap between 4 and 5. The first 4 seasons are all great and have lots of things to rave about.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
4 is very good, just frustrating because you want something positive for these kids, but its not like that.

5 is the only one that just isn't up to standard. Idk, maybe Simon was under pressure to end it or something, just feels different than the others. And the main storyline of the paper and McNulty is not good.

5 really was odd. He took a weird turn in social commentary. Which shouldn't be weird because the entire thing is social commentary and very good at that.

McNulty fabricating a serial killer and managing to get away with it so easily hurts it. It's a toe past credible, which the rest of the show is completely credible. It made it feel more like a cop drama season than the other 4.

My theory is that he had a season left, he knew it, and he needed to say what he needed to say. McNulty making that hard turn is just a means to that end.

I still like S5 but it's the weakest in presentation. It's as good as the others for theme I think. He kinda needed more time to let McNulty do the same thing in a less drastic way.