The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Towards the end of S2, why does Frank Sobotka take a shift at one of the docks?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Started watching the remastered. God I hate HBO's app. Show is pretty dope so far. Har har har.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Towards the end of S2, why does Frank Sobotka take a shift at one of the docks?
Maybe he believed what Tolstoy said, that manual labor is the most basic way to rid oneself of the complexities and anxieties of civilized life. I personally also think it was Sobotka's attempt to turn back the hands of time; to go back to his roots and return to a simpler time in his life, before the complications that lead him to the inevitable dead end he finds himself in.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's been a while, but what I remember thinking is that Frank was doing Pennance. He always had the better interests of his community at heart. Taking that guys union card and working his shift for him was failure and defeat, but it wasn't giving up. Frank was a decent and honest man. For the story Simmons told, guys like that exist only to get ground into the inevitable machine.

And there's a lot of truth in that. Frank tried. It was never that he didn't try.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
dg7NuKDjmS6OzuNy33qt8kSkPA1.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Wire[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2002-06-02[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The Wire is an American television crime drama series set and produced in and around Baltimore, Maryland. Each season of The Wire introduces a different facet of the city of Baltimore. In chronological order they are: the illegal drug trade, the seaport system, the city government and bureaucracy, the school system, and the print news media.

Despite only receiving average ratings and never winning major television awards, The Wire has been described by many critics and fans as one of the greatest TV dramas of all time. The show is recognized for its realistic portrayal of urban life, its literary ambitions, and its uncommonly deep exploration of sociopolitical themes.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I just noticed that one of the dockworkers in s2 is one of the homeless in s5

Last edited by a moderator:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
A lot of shows will recycle extra's or small parts. Law and Order did it a ton as well.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
A little more than a small role. He was in many scenes.

It's Johnny "Fifty" Spamanto in both seasons.

latest?cb=20120621141916

353866a4-86af-41c4-9e85-978b44ed5a38
ANgu0t5.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loltrickedu

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I assumed it was to represent the decline in the dock work leading to those guys becoming homeless.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You would be correct. The scene makes total sense. I just never noticed it before.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Stevedores and Shipyard workers make good coin, start around $35 / hr + crazy bennies. Tugboat crews are pulling in $120 K +, ending up homeless means he was a huge fuck up. Any union gig near the water pays.

• 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Stevedores and Shipyard workers make good coin, start around $35 / hr + crazy bennies. Tugboat crews are pulling in $120 K +, ending up homeless means he was a huge fuck up. Any union gig near the water pays.

And you have to be trolling, or are possibly the dumbest mother fucker on these boards.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched the season 4 opener last night, where Snoop buys a nail gun from the guy in the hardware store. "You earned that bump like a motherfucker, man. Keep that shit". One of the best scenes, of the best shows, in the history of TV.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hands the clerk cash and just walks out of the store, rather than taking it through the checkout line. It's great.

• 1Solidarity