The Woman King (2022)

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
the audience is people who go see movies, the usual people who go every week or so . they take the wife, gf or the kids and see each new release like clockwork. i used to be one of those people, every other saturday my dad and i would meet up to see something. my job was to find a movie "worthy" of our time. there was usually something to kill 2 hours with. did that for 20 years. there just isnt much to be excited about anymore so a film like TWK has to really lay it on thick to get the asses in the seats. black people wouldnt generally go see a film like this because its all ugly black women and there isnt any car chases or gun battles and there seems to be lots of dialogue. Lucas should have had a hit with Red Tails, but he alienated the white audience and people were still pissed off over the prequels. so RT flopped. this movie also needs white people to come see it, but white people dont want to see a movie about slavetraders. in other words this movie is going to be a dud even if this has a good opening weekend
I get that point, and like I said, me nitpicking it is dumb but whatever. If you are not in the movie theater watching the movie, your are not the audience. That’s what the word means.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I get that point, and like I said, me nitpicking it is dumb but whatever. If you are not in the movie theater watching the movie, your are not the audience. That’s what the word means.
no, it doesnt work like that, the movie going audience is still the audience, if you couldnt capture a successful amount of that audience, its on you. there is an old demo, a young demo, a black demographic, a white demographic and this film was trying to appeal to the boujee white liberal audience that goes to see Spike Lee films. bad news, that demo is a dying breed after the 2020 summer of love. this movie managed 19m first weekend, next week will probably be 8 million. next week after that is 4 million week after 1 million til they kick it out of theaters. they had a budget of 50 million. this is a flop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
no, it doesnt work like that, the movie going audience is still the audience, if you couldnt capture a successful amount of that audience, its on you. there is a black demographic, a white demographic and this film was trying to appeal to the boujee white liberal audience that goes to see Spike Lee films. bad news, that demo is a dying breed after 2020 summer of love. this movie managed 19m first weekend, next week will probably be 8 million. next week after that is 4 million week aftewr 1 million til they kick it out of theatewrs. they had a budget of 50 million. this is a flop.
I’m not supporting their stance, I’m saying the headline is dumb. They studio should have made a better movie and the headline should read prospective or target audience is blamed for not coming to see our bad movie. The actual audience of their shitty movie should probably blame themselves for sitting down and watching it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Props to Lupita Nyong'o for walking away from this trash after she got a good look from the inside, even if she probably isn't bold enough to call it out for being trash.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I’m not supporting their stance, I’m saying the headline is dumb. They studio should have made a better movie and the headline should read prospective or target audience is blamed for not coming to see our bad movie. The actual audience of their shitty movie should probably blame themselves for sitting down and watching it.
you are trying to say demographic. the audience is everyone who goes to movies.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
you are trying to say demographic. the audience is everyone who goes to movies.
“the assembled spectators or listeners at a public event, such as a play, movie, concert, or meeting.”

Unless the article is stating people who saw the movie are the reason why people are not seeing the movie, then they technically used the wrong word. Which I said was a stupid nitpick already but ok.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
“the assembled spectators or listeners at a public event, such as a play, movie, concert, or meeting.”

Unless the article is stating people who saw the movie are the reason why people are not seeing the movie, then they technically used the wrong word. Which I said was a stupid nitpick already but ok.
this is a movie, not a play, concert or meeting. let it go.

• 1Picard

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
this is a movie, not a play, concert or meeting. let it go.

The definition of the word includes movie. I am sorry you believe the word audience should include people that are not present for the play, movie, concert or meeting.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't believe I'm an audience to this horrible debate

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Or, get this, audience can have two different but similar meanings. Whoooaa.

If this movie has any legs, like maybe black panther, there's a chance it might not be a flop. I'm guessing its international sales won't be very impressive though.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Or perhaps you are incapable of understanding that the term has a specific meaning that relates to attendance or watching something.
If I want Bob to go to the movie I just released, Bob is my TARGET audience. He isn’t the audience until he actually watches the movie.

I even said in my first post that it was a dumb nitpicking point, yet here you are with whatever this has turned in to.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Or, get this, audience can have two different but similar meanings. Whoooaa.

Bullshit.

This isn't about being right anymore. This is about honor and their reputations that will follow them for eternity.

Please continue, Gentlemen. Just remember, compromise is a form of weakeness

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Or perhaps you are incapable of understanding that the term has a specific meaning that relates to attendance or watching something.
If I want Bob to go to the movie I just released, Bob is my TARGET audience. He isn’t the audience until he actually watches the movie.

I even said in my first post that it was a dumb nitpicking point, yet here you are with whatever this has turned in to.
OR: If I want Bob to go to the movie I just released, Bob is my audience. He isn’t the ASSEMBLED audience until he actually watches the movie.

Screenshot_20220918-194611_Chrome.png

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
OR: If I want Bob to go to the movie I just released, Bob is my audience. He isn’t the ASSEMBLED audience until he actually watches the movie.

View attachment 433959
I would not have thought the word would include the “likely to give attention”. Makes sense that racist would be likely to watch this movie but didn’t so get the blame for low numbers.

• 1Seriously?

DickTrickle

I would not have thought the word would include the “likely to give attention”. Makes sense that racist would be likely to watch this movie but didn’t so get the blame for low numbers.
Never stop digging in, the way of the internet. Jesus fucking Christ.

• 1Like