The X-Files

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
That's a great one. Whenever I rewatch the series I know I love getting to the one episode that goes into The Smoking Man's background. I probably wouldn't call it the best or even my favorite it's just such a fun episode.

Home, the one out in the country with the inbred family still messes with my head. That one really freaked me out as a kid and it's still really uncomfortable to watch even today. I think everyone feels the same about that episode though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm assuming that's the one where the inbreds have the mom with no legs or arms on a rolling panel and she's basically a rolling plow station for them under the bed.

Yeah, 20 years later and that is still a thing I remember. Christ.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Ah yes, the Nazi boat time travel plot one. Good one that. Usually highly listed amongst best X-files episodes on Internet lists. I did like the single take cinematography. Must have been a bitch to do right.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Surprised no one's mentioned the Un-Natural or how ever it's called. Baseball and aliens plus directed by Mulder, I can watch that episode over and over.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming that's the one where the inbreds have the mom with no legs or arms on a rolling panel and she's basically a rolling plow station for them under the bed.

Yeah, 20 years later and that is still a thing I remember. Christ.
Still the most fucked up thing I've ever seen on TV.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You folks are thinking about the episodeHome. Truly a fucked up episode. The David Duchovny directed alien baseball player episode isThe Unnatural. A good episode but a bit out of my league (sorry for the pun) since I don't know anything about baseball.

As for me, two of my favourite (non-canon) episodes are:

Hollywood A.D.: Written and directed by Duchovny. A truly bizarre episode in its own right made even more bizarre by reading the production notes and realising that the guy playing Mulder in the film is Duchovny's best friend, Garry Shandling. And the woman playing Scully is Duchovny's then wife, Tea Leoni. And when you watch that part where Duchovny is smiling his ass off while watching his best friend and wife make out is just pure gold!

The other isJose Chung's From Outer Spacewhich pokes a lot of fun at Whitley Striber's Communion (a very influential book in UFO circles). But the best parts are where Mulder and Scully act out the way they are portrayed to act according the the "infallible" eye-witnesses. Oh, and Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebeck as Men in Black... wow!

Damn, now I gotta go watch me some X-files this weekend!

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Watching the Christmas episode with Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin has turned into a yearly tradition at my house.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The other isJose Chung's From Outer Spacewhich pokes a lot of fun at Whitley Striber's Communion (a very influential book in UFO circles). But the best parts are where Mulder and Scully act out the way they are portrayed to act according the the "infallible" eye-witnesses. Oh, and Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebeck as Men in Black... wow!

Damn, now I gotta go watch me some X-files this weekend!
My favorite episode as well. The nerd kid yelling "ROSWELL" to try and stop Ventura from breaking his back is hilarious

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So they will eventually have all the episodes on Netflix as HD?
Nobody knows at the moment. It was a surprise to see that they popped up on Netflix at all at least before they came out on Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray rumors have been around for awhile.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They converted them to HD last year but still have not released them on Blu-Ray.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I learned yesterday that the genie episode was directed by Vince Gilligan. That one is also one of my favorites.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You can practically tell if an episode is directed by Vince since they are almost always darker. I looked up which ones he directed last year and watched them all. He's a fantastic director.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting near the end of watching the entire series and season nine is getting pretty hard to watch. I should've just watched the mythology episodes.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My wife and I just started binge-watching the series. Just wrapped up season 1 so we have a ways to go. I always liked the show when it was originally on but I didn't follow it regularly so I never got the full mythology experience.

I am glad Anderson and Duchovny are both coming back for the reboot. I think their acting skills have improved immensely since the X-Files days and it will be interesting to see what they bring to the table in that aspect all these years later. I thought Anderson absolutly killed in on The Fall.