Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Sterling

El Presidente
There are 3 MCU spiderman movies but he's obviously popped up in other movies as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fat Thor was great. He was broken. The “strongest avenger and a god” as he thought himself say by and watched everyone he loves die, his planet destroyed, and his one redemption was stopping thanos . Thanos was more than just the ultimate enemy. He represented all of Thors failures over and over. And once more he failed and Thanos won. Half the universe is gone because of his arrogance and hubris trying to do it alone as the great savior. To mask his PTSD he fell to alcoholism like many of us do. And only one he can forgive himself and be part of the team, and not the hero, do they win and he redeems himself and forgives his own failures.

Plus he was hilarious.

he has the best arc of any avenger not named Stark. Better than Caps simple “finally get the dance with the girl I lost” arc.

As bad as Thor 1 and 2 were they did great establishing the brash arrogant Thor and helped humble him and bring him along his path.
Fat Thor has literally been all of us at one point. Fat, eating too much, drinking all the time, and playing video games non stop.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fat thor is terrible, NERD OUT
Thor needs a keto diet aftter picking up a building

Last edited:
  • 2Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
I always want to Rank Iron Man the best of marvel but Winter Soldier, Civil War, GoTG, Ragnorok, Infinity war are so hard to rank

As much as I like the first Iron Man it really is hard to put it above any of those 5. After those 6 though it's a pretty big dropoff. Next would be what... Endgame? Avengers 1?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Fat thor is terrible, NERD OUT
Thor needs a keto diet aftter picking up a building
1639293995290.jpeg

1639294043629.png

1639294096923.jpeg

I'm getting this for xmas, fuck yeah. Vanessa Vanessa ?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Fat Thor was clearly presented as a lesser version of himself. The fact that SJWs got all pissed that Marvel dared suggest fat = bad makes me like Fat Thor even more beyond the intended comedy.

• 1Like

j00t

It's been said before, but I struggle with thor 3 because it was just too funny. Every emotional moment was undercut by taika's need for a laugh. As it's own thing I like it, but as a part of the mcu at large, it just feels like Thor is a joke.

Similarly, I rewatched the iron man trilogy and have a different opinion than when I first saw it. The first one is still an amazing movie, obviously. The issue is that the other two are not. Or at least, when considering the mcu at large.

The iron man trilogy is pretty great as long as you disconnect them from the mcu. Iron man 3 especially just doesn't really match anything else we really see iron man in, but works really well to show a person overcoming their demons. Most of the movie is stark without his armor, which is boring to see, but demonstrates how unprotected tony feels and how he's struggling to get a suit back on, only at the end to find comfort in those around him protecting him (pepper with extremis) and destroying all his armor once he realizes he doesn't need it to be a hero.

Except the next time we see him is with the iron legion and Ultron. It doesn't fit in the mcu AT ALL.

with so much oversight into making sure all the movies fit into the larger picture of the mcu, I wonder how that even got greenlit

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Thor 3 was good. Would have been perfect without GRIL LESBIAN POWER!!!111

• 1Picard

j00t

Thor 3 was good. Would have been perfect without GRIL LESBIAN POWER!!!111
do you mean valkryie? because that's not in the movie. or do you mean tessa thomspon? because she's awful, i hate her too. she's the one who said in an interview that she thinks valkryie is a lesbian.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
do you mean valkryie? because that's not in the movie. or do you mean tessa thomspon? because she's awful, i hate her too. she's the one who said in an interview that she thinks valkryie is a lesbian.
Yes.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the more exposure to her i get
thor 3
annihilation
creed
avengers
westworld

the worse she becomes, like her shit is just stinking up the place

or maybe i'm confusing her w/ black mary jane from spiderman

but why not both also?

j00t

the more exposure to her i get
thor 3
annihilation
creed
avengers
westworld

the worse she becomes, like her shit is just stinking up the place

or maybe i'm confusing her w/ black mary jane from spiderman

but why not both also?
i don't agree with you at all about zendaya...

BUT

you are 100 hundo percent right about tessa thompson. she's the result you get when ugly kids are told they are beautiful and special.

spronk

FPS noob

i kinda feel bad for NatPo, she abandoned the franchise because her character sucked but now she comes back because ???

I wonder why she isn't on one of those million "middle aged woman doing drama shit" streaming shows like Big Little Lies, Mare of Easttown, etc that all the actresses her age have snapped up

• 1Edgelord