Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I think Garden State got such "high praise" because Braff was arguably at peak success of Scrubs and making his directorial debut. It could've been a movie about a turd sandwich and likely would've been praised.

That for sure, and you had Peter Sarsgaard, and an indie soundtrack where everyone acted like they were a fan of The Shins (come on we all pretended we liked them haha)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
hah speaking of forgetting movies, i bought Black Swan and The Runaways at the bargain bin of a Blockbuster Video before it closed, i never watched either of them. i do that shit a lot. maybe i should start watching some of these films.

Black Swan = excellent
The Runaways = couldn't get past about half an hour

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hotel Chevalier (2007)

1615562582627.png

I don't remember how well she acted.

• 3Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 3 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh, Garden State was real bad. Girl I was with at the time forced me to watch it, I was like "why do you like this shit?" Then she wanted to watch the twilight stuff and I realized she was dumb.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, Garden State was real bad. Girl I was with at the time forced me to watch it, I was like "why do you like this shit?" Then she wanted to watch the twilight stuff and I realized she was dumb.

Same here, except I liked the movie. The girl in question was into it because of the soundtrack, which was full of things like The Shins and Postal Service IIRC. There was a certain nostalgia to all of it even then, and I also got fuzzy feelings at that soundtrack after I heard it a couple of times. I hated 2004 at the time because of politics, but now I miss it, and that girl, and that music.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
to be fair, that movie wasnt awesome because of her. Jean Reno and Gary Oldman sealed the deal. Gary Oldman more so. Jean Reno was basically just playing the same role he played in La Femme Nikita.

The Movie lives and dies on the chemistry between Leon and Mathilde.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
hah speaking of forgetting movies, i bought Black Swan and The Runaways at the bargain bin of a Blockbuster Video before it closed, i never watched either of them. i do that shit a lot. maybe i should start watching some of these films.
You don't watch some of your videos?. It's ok. I don't watch your videos either.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Russell Crowe is playing Zeus foe this. Which means we could possibly be getting Hercules soon.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Black Swan is it. Every other movie you could come up with a replacement 100x better

I mentioned it above already I think: The main reason people liked Garden State at the time was the soundtrack. It's a very nostalgic movie for that reason, even if it isn't very good.

Black Swan was tremendous. Like a sexy version of Fight Club where the main character is female instead.

Also has Mila Kunis going down on Natalie Portman so that's nice. Natalie doesn't return it because of course she doesn't. She probably doesn't in real life either. She's like my first girlfriend.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
She's been in some cool indie shit, idk, I don't have any strong feelings about her as an actress. I liked Hesher and Black Swan and shit, and she did well in the ones I really liked, so w/e. This Waititi dude is crushing it though. I am betting this will be better than most Marvel shit.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't see how this could be better than Thor: Ragnarok given the woke-creep. Which puts it below 4-8 other MCU movies as well, depending on personal rankings.

My guess is it will be legit fun/funny in parts, but borderline intolerable. I'd love to be proven wrong.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't think he can pull a role with more than 3 words in. Plus his face is all distorted now. Doesn't really look the part.

Yeah I didn't want to jump all over Dwayne Johnson (almost as bad as the Idris Elba advocates) but he makes the most sense in terms of body and dramatic acting ability.

The Mountain is really like the undead version of himself in GOT. That wasn't actually a character, he didn't really require any makeup. Extreme powerlifting and lifestyle has altered his face significantly. It's just not feasible for a leading man to be unable to be looked at for a 2 hour movie. It has to be aesthetic.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I didn't want to jump all over Dwayne Johnson (almost as bad as the Idris Elba advocates) but he makes the most sense in terms of body and dramatic acting ability.

The Mountain is really like the undead version of himself in GOT. That wasn't actually a character, he didn't really require any makeup. Extreme powerlifting and lifestyle has altered his face significantly. It's just not feasible for a leading man to be unable to be looked at for a 2 hour movie. It has to be aesthetic.
Eh?

This guy couldn't look like a Greek Demi-God?

1619207562297.png

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's a pretty good "before" picture, my friend.

I believe he has Bells Palsy now and has aged up quite a bit.

1619207855637.png

Bells tilt. Great lighting and filter too. Video is a different story than photos produced for commercial pages.

• 1Seriously?