Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I didn't feel like any of this movie dragged. It was a 2 hour+ movie that seemed like it was under an hour and a half to me. Contrast that with the Hobbit movies where just the hour of chase scenes feel like they're three hours long all by themselves.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Great movie. I felt like it dragged until Hella showed up, so 15 minutes? Wouldn’t even really call it a drag. Great movie, funny stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I love the MCU and had huge expectations for this movie. Felt a bit let down, mostly cause the best parts of the movie were spoiled by the trailers. Also did not like the majority of the comedy. Only moment that made me laugh out loud was Banner landing on the bridge.

And as someone else mentioned, they forced in too much humor, which removed any sense of drama or tension.

Mat Damon cameo was dumb as fuck cause I hate that little twerp, and stupid little self-loving-Hollywood cameos like that.

Warriors three dying like scrubs was pointless.

Talking Hulk sucked, CGI is just not good enough for that yet.

Even with all the shit, it was still a great movie. But I just come here to complain.

Movie was a let down but it was great?

Uhhhh

And I didn't even realize that Loki was Matt Damon until now, haha that's awesome.

And again, Talking Hulk is Best Hulk. How was the CGI for any of that bad???

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
It was a let down because I was expecting it to be my new favorite MCU movie, but its probably more like 8th for me. Ranks behind both GoTG, IM1, Capt 2 and 3, Antman, Avengers 1...about equal with Dr strange.

• 2Barf
  • 2Picard

Fadaar

That guy
I do agree that the movie would have been much more enjoyable if I hadn't seen a lot of the trailer stuff.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah I pretty much have been avoiding trailers for any movies I know I am going to see, the movies are far more enjoyable going in blind. Haven't watched any of the Last Jedi trailers, although I've seen the Jumanji trailer in theaters now like 10 times.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I do agree that the movie would have been much more enjoyable if I hadn't seen a lot of the trailer stuff.
Your enjoyment of a movie is based on the fact you watched trailers that you didn't have to watch? Some retarded logic there. You must have zero self control if you can't even wait to watch a movie without watching the trailers first.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
Your enjoyment of a movie is based on the fact you watched trailers that you didn't have to watch? Some retarded logic there. You must have zero self control if you can't even wait to watch a movie without watching the trailers first.

Yep exactly right. You nailed it. I definitely wasn't saying that Marvel could have scaled back a little and not shown some of the really big moments (ie the hammer and Hulk showing up) and gone for a more Star Wars approach where they show lots of action and pretty set pieces without spoiling anything. I've watched trailers for every other Marvel movie so far before seeing them and Ragnarok is the only one I've had that complaint about.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finally saw this movie yesterday, great flick though the ending was meh. Felt like an afterthought.

I really wish instead of them just re-summoning Surtur, Hulk and Thor would have teamed up to kick the shit out of Hela. Instead we got a bit of Thor fighting Hela and a bit of Hulk fighting Fenris then Loki summons Surtur. The beginning sequence with Thor vs Surtur was kind of boring and was only there to feed that anti-climactic ending. Everything else about the movie was so good though.

Khane

Korg!!!

I like that the New Zealand comedy posse is part of these. Most of the stuff they put out on their own is pretty good too.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The trailers for the movie were sooooooooooo good, but they did spoil basically the entire movie pretty intensely. Almost every big moment was in the "main" trailer, which of course isn't unheard of but this movie had a lot of them. Again though, them trailers were sexy as hell and I regret nothing about rewatching them 20 times

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
That's the issue Marvel and Thor put themselves in. Thor was an ok movie, and The Dark World is pretty low on most people's list. Without having an amazing trailer, Ragnarok wouldn't have done near as well at the box office. Rotten tomatoes is fine, but the trailer is what decides if we go see a movie or not, followed by word of mouth.

• 1Picard

Royal

Yeah they had an uphill battle marketing this movie in a way to grow it's audience so they pulled out all the stops. I know I would have been more amazed sitting in the theater seat had I not watched the trailers but the trailers helped get me there and I enjoyed the hell out of those trailers anyway.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
MCU movies ranked best to worst by TomatoMeter:

17. THOR: THE DARK WORLD (2013) 66%
16. THE INCREDIBLE HULK (2008) 67%
15. IRON MAN 2 (2010) 73%
14. AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (2015) 75%
13. THOR (2011) 77%
12. IRON MAN 3 (2013) 79%
11. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER (2011) 80%
10. ANT-MAN (2015) 82%
9. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 (2017) 82%
8. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2014) 89%
7. DOCTOR STRANGE (2016) 89%
6. CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (2016) 91%
5. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2014) 91%
4. SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (2017) 92%
3. MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS (2012) 92%
2. THOR: RAGNAROK (2017) 92%
1. IRON MAN (2008) 94%

Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News

• 1Picard

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
MCU TV shows ranked by TomatoMeter:

Inhumans 10%
Iron Fist 17%
The Punisher 64%
Defenders 74%
Runaways 82%
Daredevil 86%
Agent Carter 88%
Jessica Jones 92%
Agents of SHIELD 92%
Luke Cage 95%

Marvel Cinematic Universe

• 1Barf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Lol at Daredevil being under Luke Cage (at the top, wtf) and Agents of Shield. If that doesn't prove that reviews are 100% made up, useless bullshit, I don't know what does.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Lol at Daredevil being under Luke Cage (at the top, wtf) and Agents of Shield. If that doesn't prove that reviews are 100% made up, useless bullshit, I don't know what does.
I mean people can order them sort of how they like I guess, but at least we can all agree that Inhumans and Iron FIst being at the bottom by a huge margin is appropriate.

• 1Like

Royal

The Daredevil rating is a combined rating for both seasons. S1 has a 98 score and S2 a 74. Agents of Shield is so high because some of it's later seasons have pathetically low numbers of reviews with most of them being positive. So basically the only critics who still bother watching it are fans of the show anyway.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

I mean people can order them sort of how they like I guess, but at least we can all agree that Inhumans and Iron FIst being at the bottom by a huge margin is appropriate.

Defenders should be down there too