Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Luke Cage would be up there for me if they hadn't included the last 3 episodes. But that's 25% of your damn show and they were god awful. I never watched AoS until this past month but I think it is pretty good, I'd rate it at or near the top. I really can't get behind most of the other shows much as I might want to. I doubt I'll ever want to rewatch any of them. Haven't tried Agent Carter or Punisher yet.

I know my movie list is slightly different too. In no particular order, Avengers, GotG, and Winter Soldier are my top 3, with Civil War, Homecoming (although I really hated the over the top suit), and Ragnarok my next 3. Then probably IM1 and some other stuff. I would put IM3 on the bottom though, by a pretty decent margin, I've rewatched all these at least once and I just didn't find anything particularly redeeming about that one in particular. At least IM2 and Thor 2 had some decent banter here and there.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't disagree, but it isn't that much better (74% vs 17%). I'd give Defenders a 32%.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Luke Cage is no way in the top fucking three. And Defenders better than Punisher? uh ok.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Reviewers wanting to feel good about themselves for praising a nearly all black show is why Luke Cage is so overrated.

The second half of the season really was complete shit.

Cybsled

Agent Carter was a good show, but it never found an audience.

Luke Cage was good until that one character gets killed off mid season, then it became a meteor man clown show.

Juvarisx

Florida
Punisher is the only Marvel tv show on Netflix I felt engaged with the entire season

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Luke Cage is no way in the top fucking three. And Defenders better than Punisher? uh ok.

Yeah, don't get that. Defenders was okay, but it missed a lot of beats. Punisher so far is fucking great. Luke Cage was great most of the way too, but it just imploded.

• 1Worf

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have to chime in here and agree that Luke Cage would have been exponentially better IMHO if they had skipped "Oh, but now ANOTHER big bad comes onto the scene" and just had a shorter season.

As for Punisher, about half way through and every episode is a winner in my opinion so far.

Back to something vaguely related to the actual thread topic though....

Bets on if Justice League ends up making more money than Thor:Ragnarok?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
All the netflix shows should have been 8 episodes instead of 13. They all drag and having long stretches of boring.

• 2Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have to chime in here and agree that Luke Cage would have been exponentially better IMHO if they had skipped "Oh, but now ANOTHER big bad comes onto the scene" and just had a shorter season.

Luke Cage would have been better if the middle 50% of each episode was cut. It's literally SHOCKING CLIFFHANGER -> resolve the cliffhanger -> black people talking about black people things -> SHOCKING CLIFFHANGER -> etc etc. Like the episode where you can skip the whole thing and just watch bad guy fire a bazooka at Luke Cage in the final minute, or the episode where you can skip the whole thing and just see bad guy get pushed off a balcony at the end.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
All the netflix shows should have been 8 episodes instead of 13. They all drag and having long stretches of boring.
You say that, but I really enjoyed all 13 episodes of Jessica Jones. Killgrave was a great villain.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
MCU TV shows ranked by TomatoMeter:

Inhumans 10%
Iron Fist 17%
The Punisher 64%
Defenders 74%
Runaways 82%
Daredevil 86%
Agent Carter 88%
Jessica Jones 92%
Agents of SHIELD 92%
Luke Cage 95%

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Punisher is by far the best Marvel show ever made. Its the only show that I never felt it dragged or should be shorter.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just got finished seeing this, wew lawd!! Top Marvel movie for sure, I loved every scene and there were so many good jokes I can't even remember them all.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What a great movie. Funny, over the top, and the action scenes were great.

Best Marvel movie for me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
p.s. i was rustled by black heimdall since the first thor movie but now ive just become accustomed to it, but this new mexican SJW michelle rodriguez style valkyrie is getting those jimmies rustled all over again

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think it's a little unfair when you consider the timing. Daredevil somewhat hit the TV scene first and it was a redemption from the movie so it got a little more love probably than that others simply because it was one of the first, recently created Marvel TV show. Probably among the first three? Once people start coming behind them, it doesn't have the same feel because you start becoming acquainted to it and it also isn't as cool just to love everything Marvel puts out. It's just like TLJ, not that it didn't deserve it, but people are going to love the hate much more than the other side. There's also the MMO effect. Something makes money and you start saturating the market and losing quality to capitalize on the opportunity.

I do agree though that Punisher is probably low balled a bit. I think their ratings are off but who really trusts RT? I may be in the minority but they tossed The Greatest Showman a 55% and TLJ 90%? Should have probably been a 20% difference for both of them in my opinion. However, RT is all about what % rated it 6 and above (that's correct, right?) so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I have my own system in interpreting RT. Horror Flicks and Musicals always be low balled but if you see one in the 50-60's... that's like a 80-90%. Same thing a lot of times with Comedies. Epic / Adventure are little bit tougher but I can usually pick a reviewer or two and covert the score.

The newer reviewers think they're clever. They somehow read deeper meanings than the rest of us of capable of doing. I just think they're idiots :p

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's a little unfair when you consider the timing. Daredevil somewhat hit the TV scene first and it was a redemption from the movie so it got a little more love probably than that others simply because it was one of the first, recently created Marvel TV show. Probably among the first three? Once people start coming behind them, it doesn't have the same feel because you start becoming acquainted to it and it also isn't as cool just to love everything Marvel puts out. It's just like TLJ, not that it didn't deserve it, but people are going to love the hate much more than the other side. There's also the MMO effect. Something makes money and you start saturating the market and losing quality to capitalize on the opportunity.

I do agree though that Punisher is probably low balled a bit. I think their ratings are off but who really trusts RT? I may be in the minority but they tossed The Greatest Showman a 55% and TLJ 90%? Should have probably been a 20% difference for both of them in my opinion. However, RT is all about what % rated it 6 and above (that's correct, right?) so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

I have my own system in interpreting RT. Horror Flicks and Musicals always be low balled but if you see one in the 50-60's... that's like a 80-90%. Same thing a lot of times with Comedies. Epic / Adventure are little bit tougher but I can usually pick a reviewer or two and covert the score.

The newer reviewers think they're clever. They somehow read deeper meanings than the rest of us of capable of doing. I just think they're idiots :p

Rotten Tomatoes has Beverly Hills Cop 3 at 10%, which is all the proof you need to know that site is garbage.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity