Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not claiming it's a cinematic masterpiece, but it's absolutely hysterical to me. I put it in the same "awesomely terrible" category as Demolition Man and Last Action Hero.

Demolition Man and Last Action Hero should never be in any categories together, ever. Last Action Hero was garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Since this showed up in places I watched it again, and I still love it, only thing that I keep struggling with is that they use a tazer bolt to keep him in line, dude channels electricity through his body all the time, so I'm not sure how that would take him down... maybe it is a joke I don't get, still 10/10

Damnit, why did you have to point that out?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

Just pretend he is being zapped with Liberal Feelz and not electricity.

• 2Worf

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He'd lost his Mojolnir. It wasn't until his conversation with Odin later in the movie that he was the God of Thunder again. Before that he had been reduced to Sparkles by everything that had happened to him.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Since this showed up in places I watched it again, and I still love it, only thing that I keep struggling with is that they use a tazer bolt to keep him in line, dude channels electricity through his body all the time, so I'm not sure how that would take him down... maybe it is a joke I don't get, still 10/10

Wasn't a tazer. They began to have purple veins when it was used. I think its something from the comics, but I forget what exactly--it's some sci-fi kind of energy.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wasn't a tazer. They began to have purple veins when it was used. I think its something from the comics, but I forget what exactly--it's some sci-fi kind of energy.
The plant hulk discs, are actually just shock discs, strong enough to make hulk and even silver surfer ibey, and iron Man, could reverse engineering it, to stop it.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm not a big Marvel or comic book movie fan in general (would probably only ever rewatch about 20% of them, even though I've seen almost all the comic book movies in the past decade+), and this was such an enjoyable and well made film. I felt like everyone involved were very clear in what they were trying to accomplish and executed perfectly. It's the kind of fun but not utterly stupid (see F&F) action movie that I enjoy. Tessa Thompson exuded some crazy ass sexual energy without even playing it hard. And the use of Immigrant Song, one of my favorite LZ songs, was perfect. When Thor drops in on the Rainbow bridge with that playing and lightning coming out of him, that was pure poetic badassery. I just really appreciate when everything fits together so well.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When was the last time you watched Last Action Hero?

This is actually weird timing...it was on pretty late the other night a day or two after I posted that. I still think it's bad, but maybe not as bad. It's still no Demolition Man, imo.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
He'd lost his Mojolnir. It wasn't until his conversation with Odin later in the movie that he was the God of Thunder again. Before that he had been reduced to Sparkles by everything that had happened to him.

He God of Thundered the shit out of Hulk in the arena, then got tasered before he could finish him off

• 2Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is actually weird timing...it was on pretty late the other night a day or two after I posted that. I still think it's bad, but maybe not as bad. It's still no Demolition Man, imo.

Fair enough. I think it's great. It's a funny action movie spoof, with some Step Brothers/ Walk Hard style randomness thrown in.

Stay thy hand fair prince
/pulls out MP5
Who said I was fair?
/shoots everyone

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, the purple veins made it clear we aren't talking about a 20,000 volt tazer

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The plant hulk discs, are actually just shock discs, strong enough to make hulk and even silver surfer ibey, and iron Man, could reverse engineering it, to stop it.

Yeah, but they didn't do the purpose effect--I can't think of it now, but there is some tech that does the purple shit. I think its something based off of Kilgore, but it's a lot more powerful than electricity--more akin to the power cosmic.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I can see why they cut this but my god the Goldblum.

• 2Worf