Tiny Malicious Dinosaurs (Bird) Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Why didn't it eat it? Wiki says it decapitates and dismembers its prey mid-flight too.

No idea. I assume the dog was a bit too big? The bird left huge gashes in the neck/back area though. Dog died of a broken neck, but not sure if it was the fall or the bird.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
He's only shi t on my back twice. Spotted a hawk, both times. I wasn't even mad.

My goal is to illicit that reaction in someone at least once in my lifetime.

As far as the owls killing dogs, sounds like +1 for pitbulls since I doubt owls are going after them.

• 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
Yea when my grey sees a hawk even out a window he freaks out.

Also, the little red Lori died years ago. To the day if he sees a red bird out the window he calls her name. I'm not sure if he thinks it could be her or if he thinks that is what you call all red birds

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
wow I know the biggest breeder of these birds in the U.S. , who is here in Florida and have visited his place, I did not know someone was doing it up in North Florida too. The guy was 75? Too old to be handling Cassowary. See this makes me think the retarded state of FL will upgage the classification to keep them and make it harder. I better speed up my timeline to get some before that happens, sigh.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
About as relevant a meme to bird owners as I've seen.

btc8mbmk89s21.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer
Some bird Body Language.

This is the "pick me up please". he lifts a foot and squeezes it shut and open till you come close, then he wiggles it till you put it under him. he won't move till he's confident you're in the right place. Also; be horrified by how the bottom of his cage looks right now.
Once on the arm, you sort of hold it up, and then he tells you where he wants to go. he does this by walking up or down your arm toward the direction he wants to go. if you are getting warmer he bends over more and more like an arrow and points where he wants to go. he fluffs his wings out and sort of wiggles his head to see while remaining arrow like to direct you. he'll let you know if you keep resisting his demands long enough.

the walking to the end of the arm

heh, in that picture you can see where he's starting to pin-hole another scar:

And full arrow. he's maybe not as pointy as he gets or as floofy, but that's the general posture:

his desire was to go to the bathroom where my wife was getting ready. i brought him to the door and he knocked on it with his beak. it makes a sound like a human knocking. he made a little peep when she asked who was there (she knows it's him. i don't knock, i just barge in). he demanded she hold him and show him himself in the big mirror (he fucking loves looking at himself).

I need to try to get some videos of him doing some kind of shit, but when the camera comes out and i hold it steady he knows something is up and he acts weird.

also, yesterday morning i was running late. I had a dress shirt on that didn't roll up very well at the elbow, i picked him up and he pinned his eyes and bit the fuck out of the shirt and my arm through it. I tried to convince him it was okay but he wasn't having it, i had to put him back in the cage and ditch the shirt to move him to his day cage. I need to catch that sort of thing on video some time.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
wow I know the biggest breeder of these birds in the U.S. , who is here in Florida and have visited his place, I did not know someone was doing it up in North Florida too. The guy was 75? Too old to be handling Cassowary. See this makes me think the retarded state of FL will upgage the classification to keep them and make it harder. I better speed up my timeline to get some before that happens, sigh.

I'll update my own post. I got the 411 on this whole situation. He was using cattle prods to keep them at bay when entering their pens, and then thinking he had them "trained" he got sloppy and would enter the pens with just some pvc pipe. Well one day he went in there to collect eggs, which is of course when both the male and the female are together and VERY protective/aggressive, and they challenged him and he fell over and so they pounced. Cut him deep before he managed to get out and since he lived in bum fucked egypt the ambulance had a very hard time finding his place. By the time they got to him he was already on his way out from blood loss.

In his will he had the requirement to sell off his entire animal inventory within 7 days or some such. All his animals went for way above market price at the auction. The cassowaries (he has 4 total) went for average of 11k each. No I did not buy his, but I did take my own advice from my first post above. These birds are 100 percent modern velociraptors, and you may occasionally see a mild mannered one, but most are highly territorial and have the leg strength, the technique and the weapon on the end of their feet to back up that aggression. None of the other big birds have all three of those things together.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Resized_20200627_153445~3.jpeg

Off putting when she can put her claw behind her own head and grip it while scratching her eye lids.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Birds are food to me. Mammals won decisively after 350 million years of divergent evolution.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Daww. Is that her cute/pitty me expression?
Still a baby, but I think this was right b4 she went to sleep. I've noticed Hahns doing this in a lot of random photo's. So seems like they are just good at it. (my red bellied is nowhere near this flexible.)

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I'll update my own post. I got the 411 on this whole situation. He was using cattle prods to keep them at bay when entering their pens, and then thinking he had them "trained" he got sloppy and would enter the pens with just some pvc pipe. Well one day he went in there to collect eggs, which is of course when both the male and the female are together and VERY protective/aggressive, and they challenged him and he fell over and so they pounced. Cut him deep before he managed to get out and since he lived in bum fucked egypt the ambulance had a very hard time finding his place. By the time they got to him he was already on his way out from blood loss.

In his will he had the requirement to sell off his entire animal inventory within 7 days or some such. All his animals went for way above market price at the auction. The cassowaries (he has 4 total) went for average of 11k each. No I did not buy his, but I did take my own advice from my first post above. These birds are 100 percent modern velociraptors, and you may occasionally see a mild mannered one, but most are highly territorial and have the leg strength, the technique and the weapon on the end of their feet to back up that aggression. None of the other big birds have all three of those things together.
This sounds awesome. I'm gonna get one. How badass would it be to own one.

• 1Like