Tips on being a cheap piece of shit

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don’t know about you guys but the older I get and the more money I have, the cheaper I get as well. A big part of that probably has to do with corporate America becoming increasingly aligned with social Marxist bullshit and not wanting to line the pockets of these fucks. But anyway I thought it would be good to share tips on how to be fucking cheap.

Here’s one: change your billing address on your cell phone plan to somewhere in Oregon, doesn’t matter where. There are various surcharges and taxes added to your bill based on your state and municipality, and aOregon seems to be the cheapest. Since you should be using paperless billing in the first place, the change shouldn’t impact you at all, and saved me like $10 a month.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 8 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Being cheap with cell phones involves two things:

1) Buy a pre paid plan like:

2) Stop buying 1.2k phones to browse FoH.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Being cheap with cell phones involves two things:

1) Buy a pre paid plan like:

2) Stop buying 1.2k phones to browse FoH.
2gb of data a month is some poverty shit. I have unlimited data through Sprint for $25/month

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
More and more , thanks IP theft, you can buy products at 90% of the quality of a name brand but at 20% the cost.
Like I bought a dehumidifier off Amazon for $30. It drains about a gallon of water from my office air every few days.
After 8 months it started screeching. I contacted the Chinese seller and 2 days later a brand new one was sent no questions asked.( thermal not compressor dehumidifier, which tbh I like the thermal ones more due to no noise, low power and no heat )
In fact and I am actually SAD about this, China sellers on Amazon have proven to be much easier to deal with that places like say Logitech, Phillips and such when it comes to issues with products. 99% of the time they just send you a new one, no return or anything.
I find the $10-$50 products work as well if not better than the $100-300 products. Although I have stopped using things with built in wifi unless it is from a few select companies due to security concerns even though I could find little risk.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I feel like this thread is getting off on the wrong foot. The purpose here is tips that can save money without having to sacrifice your quality of living. Tips like "don't buy expensive phones" and "buy cheap Chinese junk off of Amazon" aren't very helpful.

Just want to put that out there before you fucks start suggesting shopping for clothes at flea markets and dumpster diving for food behind restaurants.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What about easy mode then?

1) Move to San Francisco
2a) Shoplift everything
2b) Live on the street, poop there, etc.
3) ???
4) Profit

• 6Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like this thread is getting off on the wrong foot. The purpose here is tips that can save money without having to sacrifice your quality of living. Tips like "don't buy expensive phones" and "buy cheap Chinese junk off of Amazon" aren't very helpful.

Just want to put that out there before you fucks start suggesting shopping for clothes at flea markets and dumpster diving for food behind restaurants.
Tell us who's alt you are and maybe people will take you seriously.

Or even less seriously.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
2gb of data a month is some poverty shit. I have unlimited data through Sprint for $25/month

Yeah, but then you have Sprint service. I got away from Sprint a couple of years ago, I couldn't stand how shitty their reception was. I had 0 bars all over the damned place.

It gets cheaper if you have more lines. I now have 7 lines on Verizon, unlimited data, $25 per line. Just got a few free iPhone SEs, too. Service is 100% better than Sprint.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yeah, but then you have Sprint service. I got away from Sprint a couple of years ago, I couldn't stand how shitty their reception was. I had 0 bars all over the damned place.

It gets cheaper if you have more lines. I now have 7 lines on Verizon, unlimited data, $25 per line. Just got a few free iPhone SEs, too. Service is 100% better than Sprint.
Yeah Sprint can be pretty spotty. In my last city it was pure AIDS but fortunately it's a lot better where I'm at now. The T-Mobile merger should help with that I would think.

• 1Dislike

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah Sprint can be pretty spotty. In my last city it was pure AIDS but fortunately it's a lot better where I'm at now. The T-Mobile merger should help with that I would think.

My understanding is that the further north you go, the worse Sprint coverage gets. I spent time in the Michigan's UP when I still had Sprint and had 0 coverage. Sucked.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Stop driving, walk everywhere
Stop buying food, just go to the food bank
Stop paying rent, just move to California

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Stop trying to enjoy anything, you're gonna die and none of this will have mattered.

• 3Worf
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

True but Verizon are complete cock suckers I would rather see die in a fire than give money too.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
i saved the most money ever by living by 2 simple principles:

1. i didn't go to college to have fun. i went to some comunity college then translated over to real college. didn't live on campus. didn't participate in campus life. worked the whole time. payed each bill the week i got it. no dept from college.

2. Drove shitty small old vehicles. they cost me 900 dollars, 1500 dollars and 3000 dollars. that's what i've driven my whole life. i'm still driving the 3k S10 and i will continue to do so till it becomes dangerous(er) to drive.

based on these principles i hear none of my wife's bullshit when she bitches about me buying a game or leaving a light on.

• 1Like