Tips on being a cheap piece of shit

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was pretty happy for about 30-40 minutes every 2 weeks when I was working 90 hours a week.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
he's right.
He’s not, because the amount of value that a person realizes in vehicle is a subjective judgment that will vary by individual involving variables such as:
  • What do I want out of a vehicle?
  • How much time do I spend in a vehicle?
  • Do I enjoy driving? Do I enjoy driving fast?
  • What is a dollar worth to me?
  • Will Hector be running three Honda Civics with spoon engines?
You personally may be content scooting around in a 90 hp Ford Fiesta, but you couldn't pay me enough to get behind the wheel of some beat down piece of shit like that. Given the choice between driving a beater and paying $600 a month to drive something that roars to life when you step on the gas, grips turns well, has a banging stereo, luxurious seating, is totally reliable and is covered by a warranty, I’m taking the car payment every time. Some people may look at $600 a month and recoil at the thought of spending that on a car but for myself and many others it’s an easy decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He’s not, because the amount of value that a person realizes in vehicle is a subjective judgment that will vary by individual involving variables such as:
  • What do I want out of a vehicle?
  • How much time do I spend in a vehicle?
  • Do I enjoy driving? Do I enjoy driving fast?
  • What is a dollar worth to me?
  • Will Hector be running three Honda Civics with spoon engines?
You personally may be content scooting around in a 90 hp Ford Fiesta, but you couldn't pay me enough to get behind the wheel of some beat down piece of shit like that. Given the choice between driving a beater and paying $600 a month to drive something that roars to life when you step on the gas, grips turns well, has a banging stereo, luxurious seating, is totally reliable and is covered by a warranty, I’m taking the car payment every time. Some people may look at $600 a month and recoil at the thought of spending that on a car but for myself and many others it’s an easy decision.

its up to you, man. the topic was living cheap. you never gonna have a cheap fast whip.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
This was already a piece of shit thread, this is not a derail.
Yes. it is, unless you are
I have. I'm the eternal optimist that if someone bitches about their situation, they want to hear solutions for how to fix it. You forgot to mention that Mist is a self-sadist.
I was pretty happy for about 30-40 minutes every 2 weeks when I was working 90 hours a week.
Whatever floats your boat. Or sinks your ship, in your case.

• 1Like
Some people may look at $600 a month

and see a very doable monthly housing+utility expense per month, in a nice rural environment not too far out, if, that is, we were staying on the goddam fucking topic instead of talking about Barbie's Dream House.

God are you stupid.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
and see a very doable monthly housing+utility expense per month, in a nice rural environment not too far out, if, that is, we were staying on the goddam fucking topic instead of talking about Barbie's Dream House.

God are you stupid.
industrial-road-salt.jpg

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The topic is how to be a cheap piece of shit, not how to suck all the enjoyment out of life and live on the fringe of society (I believe Mist will be creating that thread soon however).

God are you stupid.
Yeah look at me, the dummy who isn't driving a 1975 Dodge Dart, the preferred car of geniuses. Anyway, enjoy living in your shanty out in meth country and driving a death trap, you poor piece of shit.

• 1Salty
The topic is how to be a cheap piece of shit, not how to suck all the enjoyment out of life and live on the fringe of society (I believe Mist will be creating that thread soon however).

Yeah look at me, the dummy who isn't driving a 1975 Dodge Dart, the preferred car of geniuses. Anyway, enjoy living in your shanty out in meth country and driving a death trap, you poor piece of shit.
4e6l3n.jpg

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no way that piece of shit is driving 99
which piece of shit? the rebadged Dart or that supercharged cummins diesel behemoth? i think the Dart came with a 318 v8 as standard. which could probably do 100 because it made something like 250 hp. my 69 Fury had that v8 and that car weighed twice what the Dart weighed and i could get mine up to 90 before i got too scared to push it any further.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You just described my Minivan. It's extremely comfortable, EVERY option humanly possible (one of my biggest loves is the adaptive cruise control that will match the speed of the car in front of me up to a complete stop if needed). It has an amazing factory stereo system, TONS of room to pack unlimited shit, drives like a car, great acceleration/handling... It's only around $500/month, though. God damn do I love this van, and that's previously driving a new Audi A4 & Mercedes C300. The technology of this van makes all the difference.

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did the cheap old car thing for a long time but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you can't do your own wrenching because things are just going to need replacing regularly. Many small little problems that need attention before they become expensive problems. In any case, get something with an enthousiast following because it guarantees parts supply will keep going and it will have active forums where you can find solutions to common problems. There's also many cars where one engine variant is nothing but trouble and another lasts forever, helps to read up on that stuff.

I wouldn't go further back than late 90s/early 2000s though, those cars can be had for pennies now and have way more safety designed into them than anything from the 70s. Also much better gas mileage. Fuel injection tech was mature and didn't have all the expensive headaches associated with newer turbocharged direct injection systems.

• 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been taking some of the days off they still owe me from the past 2 years, but I get assigned so much work that I end up working on my days off, and I end up working 46-48 hour weeks anyway even though my boss rejects my timesheet if it's above 40 hours even if another manager assigned me work and approved overtime.

They say they'll give me comp time but I'll never be able to take off all the time they already owe me.

All my hours worked and the hours they make me delete from my timesheet every week are all documented in the billing system and my timesheets in ServiceNow, (they only make me delete my timesheets in Paycom, because that's what actually pays me) and also documented in emails every week (I tell my bosses "have deleted X hours from my timesheet" at the end of every week) that would be discoverable in court, just waiting to finalize another job offer.
You know what your boss and that other manager nicknamed you?
"the pushover".

• 2Like