Titan has been cancelled.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
God damn it's crazy to think how serious people were about guilds in EQ. Maybe it was because of how many people it took to keep the machine running but god damn. So much shady shit could go on and 75% of the guild would never know. Also cliques within cliques within cliques. I wonder if the guys that have started playin mmos in the last 5 or 6 years have ever been through any of that. Haven't really been into that shit in a long time myself.
It's still the same, dude.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tell that to the old-style champion trains.

Ah, so it's loot, but not loot you're interested in (but apparently, plenty of people are looking for champion bags).

Hence my mention "GW2... with end-game".
Green and blues are garbage, stuff you trash and sell/shard without even looking at it. Yellows are 99% of the times shardable and 1 of the times material for the TP.
Champion bags give loot with the same frequency than anything else, aka total fucking random close to 0,0001% of getting exotics. I have 5 level 80s, clocked a ton of hours on them at level cap, doing trains, world bosses, dungeons and all I got was ONE single lame shitty exotic piece of gear (I WAS around +100% chance magic find, since they changed the way that works).

As much as I loved GW2 world, loot in the game is pretty much insignificant and unexistant. It was purchasable, tokens and laurels, which meant daily ruuns and daily/monthly quests. Did it for a while, then got bored.
Not sure if trains are still going, which were a stupid thing by itself, but either I was the unluckiest player ever, or they ain't worth doing (and absolutely not fun at all).

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Tell that to the old-style champion trains.

Ah, so it's loot, but not loot you're interested in (but apparently, plenty of people are looking for champion bags).

Hence my mention "GW2... with end-game".
I like GW2, but the loot is shit, plain and simple. Sure people still do champ trains, it's GW2's version of a neverending daily grind for rep. Every game has shitty parts and in GW2 it's the loot and the lack of soft class roles (wouldnt want hard class requirements, but better CC/healing then it currently has). I wish they would have designed their entire loot/itemization differently, but that's in the past.

Regarding healers, I hope that the dislike for healing Butler has can be overcome, and the role turns out useful-but-not-required, kinda like crowd control. Do the same for tanking, and give everyone dps, solved. It means encounter will probably need one or two of those factors (cc, tanking, healing) but not require a rigit allocation of exactly 1 tank, 1 dps, 1 main healer, 1 cc and a secondary healer/utility/port bish.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I played GW2 like crazy for a month. Haven't played since the Queen's Arena thing way back. I enjoyed it for what it was, but yeah...the loot and anyone can do anything classes were pretty meh.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Green and blues are garbage, stuff you trash and sell/shard without even looking at it. Yellows are 99% of the times shardable and 1 of the times material for the TP.
Champion bags give loot with the same frequency than anything else, aka total fucking random close to 0,0001% of getting exotics. I have 5 level 80s, clocked a ton of hours on them at level cap, doing trains, world bosses, dungeons and all I got was ONE single lame shitty exotic piece of gear (I WAS around +100% chance magic find, since they changed the way that works).

As much as I loved GW2 world, loot in the game is pretty much insignificant and unexistant. It was purchasable, tokens and laurels, which meant daily ruuns and daily/monthly quests. Did it for a while, then got bored.
Not sure if trains are still going, which were a stupid thing by itself, but either I was the unluckiest player ever, or they ain't worth doing (and absolutely not fun at all).
Ascended gear fixed some of those problems, it takes a while to get, unless you have several hundred gold to blow on the TP. It also almost never drops, but the endgame is about nicely looking models, not stats, which I understand not everybody likes. On the other hand, people bitch about +gooderer gear all the time, so you can't please everybody. They built a beautiful world, jumping and exploration are probably the best parts, once you start trying to actually acquire gear, it becomes frustrating very quickly thanks to Anet's love for RNG.

The classes are actually good, but they have to plan for events with 2-100 people with the same skills, so that is why they feel so weak when you are going solo or dungeons. GW1 had much tighter design and as a result felt much better. The skill cap is fairly high, but there's no content except high level fractals that requires it and they gave every character ability to dodge almost any attack in the game. Twice. WoW raiders would piss themselves if they could have that.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Healing in EQN, if it were reactive, would be like playing Duck hunt for the NES. With all the nerd little rogues and warriors jumping sky high all over the place, that poor little cleric trying to "FPS Target" dudes for greater heals, Call of Duty Modern Space Simulator.

I'll be fine if they make the cleric a rehash of WAR's warrior priest/disciple of kaine with on hit health return and pbae dumb stuff.
That's what it is in DFUW and it works mostly fine. Group with a good healer will be way more efficient than one without. I think eqn will have easier aiming too like planetside so it won't be as hard to heal as in DF. I hate all these GW2 comparisons because the games combat and class systems don't sound much like gw2 at all. They do sound exactly like dfuw tho I imagine most people here never played it since its so niche. Good news is pretty much no one who plays that game has bad shit to say about the class system so it bodes well for eqn taking and expanding on it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Class design and customization is pretty shallow in GW2. I like the animations and the ideas, but when you get into the details it's incredibly boring once you hit level 20.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Aside from EQ2, GW2 was my most disappointing mmo experience... such a shame. So much potential... so much hype... so much disappoint

Vitality

HUSTLE
Aside from EQ2, GW2 was my most disappointing mmo experience... such a shame. So much potential... so much hype... so much disappoint
GW2 was pretty good for me for a while, the launch was a pretty memorable experience. (top 10 first 50's on the server, was on a pretty top tier pvp team, pioneered bunker guardian stuff at release etc. 150 conc-viewers **oh man big deal .. ** on our guilds twitch channel during our peak)

ArcheAge takes the cake for worst mmo experience at launch. FFXIV First release a very very very close second.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GW2 was so close, yet so far away from being truly great. They fucked up classes and items pretty hard. They tried to blend PvE and PvP as seamlessly as they could, but both areas of the game suffered for it trying to accommodate each other.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Imo GW2 was fucked up by PVP. The boring itemization and the lack of real CC or "overpowered" skills that make PVE fun can both be traced back to that. One can only hope that MMO designers get past that bland unicolor balancing eventually, god knows MOBAs have enough fun and different classes including heals/CC/invuls. Copy some of that shit already (gogo EQN).

Collecting skins instead of +gooder is fine with me, I actually spent alot of time gathering up collectibles in WoW (mounts, pets, clickies) or EQ (mostly clickies really). Thing is, 99% of itemization content in GW2 can be traced back to currency tokens or bought for gold the trading post (or the gem store). That is what makes it boring to me. I was happy as a clam when they added special loot to Tequatl 2.0 (because I hoped that was going to continue, but it didnt...). And it's still far easier to farm the gold for his mini instead of killing him for it (at least the weapon is account bound I think?). They should have littered their pretty world with reasons to be out there, and they failed that. World exploration for the legendary weapon is the only reason, and even for that you're better off farming gold to buy it on the TP. The new zone they added a few months ago is a good step, but too little too late for most. Should be a zone of that size every 6 weeks, instead they took a creative break after 4 episodes and lulled us with a "feature patch" (aka small stuff you could roll into the bi-weekly patches instead of cumulating it).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I don't understand what people are saying about GW2 having fucked up the classes. Just because there aren't trinity classes?

The loot is bland but at least they succeeded in making every stat potentially useful for every class.

Caliane

I don't understand what people are saying about GW2 having fucked up the classes. Just because there aren't trinity classes?

The loot is bland but at least they succeeded in making every stat potentially useful for every class.
some probably bitch about that..
But as someone that hates the trinity,
not enough unique class defining abilities. Mesmer portals were amazing. everyone should have had something like it.

Further issues were of course balancing for spvp. Broken stat design (power vs cond damage). the trait system being retooled right before launch, and ending up horribly balanced and designed.
A fully modular skill tree design, that was seemingly abandoned. to this date, theres been what like 2 new skills added you can buy? that skill tree system, which you get skill points for after max level, was CLEARLY designed for you to get new skills regularly, very likely via dungeons and shit. What happened? That would have been much better then skins, and skill points just ending up a currency.

some horrible design and balance sucked the fun out of alot of stuff.
Grenades being horribly broken for example. Not fun to use, but so so so much stronger then everything else engi. you had to play it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The class customization was pretty bad. You had X weapons per class. Each weapon had a static set of abilities that never changed. The trait system was god awful and random. There really wasn't any depth to it at all. It was all pretty poorly designed in my opinion. There was really no differentiation.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
They were lots of effective and synergistic trait builds. The different between someone with a good build and a haphazardly selected one was night and day. I don't really understand what problem people have with that system in particular. It needed a bit of a polish pass, but what talent system didn't?