Titanfall

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the main problem is that FPS servers are rarely full. So there's going to be lots of 5v6 and 4v5 games.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They'll cave if enough people cry about it. Halo resized matchmaking game types all the type because people wanted moar, moar, moar!

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Did you halfwits not read the whole article? It's not just a straight 6v6, vanilla flavored DM or some flavor thereof, it's got 6 titans on each side that do shit like defend, follow/protect, etc. Then there's other NPCs serving as AI soldiers. There's a smorgasbord of meat on this bone.

There's a lot to be excited about in Titanfall and this "uproar" about 6v6 is just more neckbeard blowhardism. I for one, can't wait to murder people, mechs, people in mechs, bots and bots in mechs.
The fanboi is strong with you.

spronk

FPS noob
it would be awesome if its 6 mechs vs 6 mechs, and each mech has to have a team of people inside it like Pacific Rim or those 80s robot cartoons. I would definitely be the dude who yells out "afk, gotta take a shit" and then blast out danger zone while my mech walks around in circles because I control the left leg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wouldn't it be fun if eventually it came to light that it's 6v6 due to the fact the 360 couldn't handle more people and Microsoft demanded parity on all platforms ?
biggrin.png

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5v5 works for MOBAs. Why not implement auto match making and punish people for leaving. If it's anything fps' need to evolve in it's structure.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
5v5 works for MOBAs. Why not implement auto match making and punish people for leaving. If it's anything fps' need to evolve in it's structure.
yeah I personally like the auto matchmaking of CS:GO, and its insane unlike the moba community, people actually take it semi serious, I have not run into any trolls or people who wig out cause you called to defend A before them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They probably want the game to be popular on stream, and 32v32 clusterfucks are not. I'm really disappointed though, I would have hoped for 8v8 or 10v10 at the very least.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wouldn't it be fun if eventually it came to light that it's 6v6 due to the fact the 360 couldn't handle more people and Microsoft demanded parity on all platforms ?
biggrin.png
Fuck you for probably being right.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's probably a combination of that and the e-sports thing. Hard to have a team esport where you need like 12 man teams.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of the most fun I've had in fps' were small scale. CS, TFC, and unreal. The only large scale fps, I got into competitively was bf1942. And in CAL even that was 8 v 8 I think.

Plus this game would just be a cluster fuck with 16+ mechs running around.

bayr_sl

shitlord
yeah competitive team based FPS games are best played with small numbers but not with 38 bots. Are we pretending like CS pubs were all 5v5