Titans

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well that was less of a cliffhanger and more of a 'the story just stopped in the middle'. Was very consistent with the bit I linked above.

Make sure to watch the post-credit scene though, its super important.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
wtf that was the finale? I mean the episode was badass but how do you stop right there?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, this was a weird way to end the season. It seems like there was one more episode missing. Which goes with this originally being a 12 episode season. I wonder wtf happened.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Season 1 is on Netflix (Canada at least)

Had no intention of watching it, but gave ep1 a try and it's dark enough to have caught my interest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah, this was a weird way to end the season. It seems like there was one more episode missing. Which goes with this originally being a 12 episode season. I wonder wtf happened.

The original finale got reworked into the first episode of season 2 as they decided they wanted the Trigon storyline to go on a bit further. It seems like quite a lot changed about the overall direction of the thing midway.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
This just became available on netflix in AU so I binged it over 3 days.
Really great show.. I think my enjoyment is helped by the fact I'm completely unfamiliar with the titans/teen titans.. My friend who has watched all of the cartoons hated this show due to the character inconsistency. The only character who appeared in the show I am somewhat aware of is the two Robins.

My only main problem with it is that beast boy sucks. they don't have the SFX budget to do a decent job of him so they should have just left him out and used a different character instead.. He's totally wasted and ineffectual. His personality is a bit grating too.

Raven and Dick both did a great job IMO. Hank and Dawn were strong.. The cast of freaks at casa de Chief were fun. Starfire was eh.. ok.. I had a big grin on my face when detective Ryan stepped out of the portal.

I couldn't wait for more.. And I 100% echo what a previous poster said.. Episode 11 finished and was ready to keep watching all night, and then realised it was finished.. wtf... I guess that's good, I can't wait for season 2 now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished watching this on Netflix in Canada.

It was a lot better than I expected. Interesting stories, fairly good characters for the most part.

Ending was strange but looking forward to season 2 and see if they can keep this up.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Finished the season and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I like how they don't fuck around with embracing it's setting. There's no beating about the bush with talking about DC elements like encounters with The Joker and how he killed people. It treats itself with respect while embracing the absurdity of it all like the doom patrol.

Beast Boy is a definite weak point, and tranny hooker starfire is hard to stomach, but the rest is pretty good. Also, bonus points for Minka Kelly's ass.

The season ender was weird in its abrupt ending, but was fucking awesome otherwise. "well fuck you, Bruce. You win"

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is back today with an episode that is really just the original season finale from last year with a few bits added on at the end.

I can see why they decided to hold this back as it wasn't a terribly good finale, but it will serve as an okay season opener. Much of the last 20 mins goes through the motions of setting the stage for season 2 so any actual judgement will have to wait for the next episode. After Doom Patrol they certainly have their work cut out for them and the weaksauce 'Titans Tower' at the end is not exactly engrossing.

Note that despite the Superboy tease at the end of season 1 there is no sign whatsoever of him in the premiere.

Episode 2 is titled 'Rose' so it looks like we will be jumping right into Wilson family drama

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It seems like they had no idea what to do with season 2 and then said fuck it lets just make the finale the first episode and tack shit on when we know what we want to do. I still liked the episode but it was a little weird to start with. Hopefully deathstroke is a badass in this season.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Was rebuilding home theater the last couple weeks (it's purdy!) so just got caught up with eps 2&3. It's clear that they decided to double down on DC Universe-y stuff with this second season and it's paying off already.

Very excited to see where they go with this, especially as the cast keeps swelling with Titans

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I stalled out on the Aquadude episode. The melodrama gets so fucking thick in this show.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This just got a Season 3. I am enjoying the season so far. I wish they would have gone with the original way that Grayson gets the Nightwing name though. I can see why they did it, considering I dunno if they are allowed to have Supes on the show. Which would be dumb considering they are gonna have like 4 different Supermans on the CW Crisis crossover.