Titans

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
To be fair it's 'Titans' not 'Teen Titans' and it seems clear from the trailer that there was a former group of Titans when dick was younger consisting of at least Hawk and Dove and possibly Beast Boy.

Looks like Starfire has been around for awhile in this version and it's fresh-off-the-boat as she was in most other adaptations.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Why did I watch that? They had a decade or so of great storylines from the New Teen Titans as their source material, and they give us this. FML.

That ghetto rat starfire, wtf

Sterling

El Presidente
In fairness the trailer made me want to watch Lost Boys again even if it didn't make me want to watch this show.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Somehow each trailer looks worse than the last. And I guess if thats a final trailer, this confirms officially that they arent somehow fixing ghettofire with e.g. CGI gold skin or something. Theyre seriously going with ghetto rat in a pink wig.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1538888235559.jpeg

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Unknown, but it is a Batman that goes against the core of the Batman that has been around for a long time.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they decided that robin is pretty lame by himself, but batman is pretty cool, so they took batman's mentality on killing and gave it to robin. i mean, his reasoning for why robin split from batman is word for word why batman doesn't kill.

it's like they have no REAL idea who these characters are and why people like them. people don't like batman because he doesn't kill people. in fact, people get pretty pissed because he DOESN'T kill.

actually. no. i take that back and i think i've cracked the hollywood code. it's not that they have no idea who the characters are. it's that they don't care. they want to tell a very specific story and they don't care what the wrapping is. this is why all the DCEU characters (personality wise) are all basically interchangeable. the story wasn't written for them. but the writer had an idea and knew the only way they'd get to tell that story is if they put already popular characters in it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Sat down to watch this and it turns out that they launched a streaming service that doesn't support Chromecast...

Playing on Chromecast and AirPlay

They require a physical Chromecast dongle rather than supporting any TV with Chromecast built in (which mine and most decent smart TVs purchased in the last 3 years do)

So freaking annoying.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Watched the first episode (on my desktop in my office instead of, ya know, in my nice home theater) and it has promise.

Brenton Thwaites is a very good Dick Greyson. Clearly given his status as a detective in the Detroit police force he is on the final stages of his journey to Nightwing. We know from casting spoilers that Jason Todd will show up before the end of the season so that fits in well with the overall Bat-centric part of the plot.

Raven is done pretty well. Obviously this is not a girl who was raised in Azarath and taught to control her powers. Given the nature of the show they can always do a timey wimey dimensional shift thing where she goes to Azarath and gets trained by the mystics there before coming back through as though no time has passed. For now though she is scared goth girl with a pretty badass and very evil-inclined Soul Self that comes out when she is in danger.

Starfire is not the innocent girl fresh off the boat from the comics. She is clearly someone who has been on the planet for quite some time and been operating in secret. Having her suffering amnesia is a bit of a cop out but it becomes a useful narrative device as she is off on her own the whole episode.

Beast Boy we only see in the closing scene and is more of a teaser than anything.

Ultimately I think they fucked up by not having the first three episodes released as part of a long-form launch even since it seems clear that they are going to take several episodes to cover the 'formation' period. We knew going in that the whole season was a more-or-less continuous story arc, but there's so many moving pieces in just this first hour that its clearly gonna take a few episodes to get going.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Watched the first episode (on my desktop in my office instead of, ya know, in my nice home theater) and it has promise.

Brenton Thwaites is a very good Dick Greyson. Clearly given his status as a detective in the Detroit police force he is on the final stages of his journey to Nightwing. We know from casting spoilers that Jason Todd will show up before the end of the season so that fits in well with the overall Bat-centric part of the plot.

Raven is done pretty well. Obviously this is not a girl who was raised in Azarath and taught to control her powers. Given the nature of the show they can always do a timey wimey dimensional shift thing where she goes to Azarath and gets trained by the mystics there before coming back through as though no time has passed. For now though she is scared goth girl with a pretty badass and very evil-inclined Soul Self that comes out when she is in danger.

Starfire is not the innocent girl fresh off the boat from the comics. She is clearly someone who has been on the planet for quite some time and been operating in secret. Having her suffering amnesia is a bit of a cop out but it becomes a useful narrative device as she is off on her own the whole episode.

Beast Boy we only see in the closing scene and is more of a teaser than anything.

Ultimately I think they fucked up by not having the first three episodes released as part of a long-form launch even since it seems clear that they are going to take several episodes to cover the 'formation' period. We knew going in that the whole season was a more-or-less continuous story arc, but there's so many moving pieces in just this first hour that its clearly gonna take a few episodes to get going.

The streaming service is only giving like 4 hours of new content a month. They can't afford to do a 3 episode shot. lol.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Never seen teen titans, don't know anything about them other than complaining from this thread.

This wasn't bad, certainly no Inhumans. Well, at least so far. Will watch more. I thought Greyson and the blue-haired girl (Rachel?) were good, the tiger and the mall-cop was pretty funny, and the black chick doesn't look quite as stupid with the lighting in the episode. She's still the worst part of it though, that wig is hideous, and given it's on her passport photo, the whole 'clubbing costume' excuse I saw earlier is obviously bullshit.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I liked it. Don't care about the source material to get bent over it.

Press F to pay respect
sher.jpg