Titans

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I really like were this is going but I'm confused on the breakup with Batman. I mean Robin fucked people up in the episode way worse then Batman has ever done. I thought Batman wasn't killing people and that's why Robin bailed. I read the above link that the actor said Robin bailed because Batman was killing people now. Is there some kinda history with Batman eventually killing people in the comics? Is this flashpoint Batman?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The second episode is out now and things are going all sorts of wacky

They surely did not just kill Dove did they??

It seems in this incarnation that Hawk and Dove are just normal vigilantes lacking in any actual powers.

In the picture with Dick, Hank and Dawn I presume that was Donna? Donna Troy was listed in Dick's batphone directory.

Interesting use of the Nuclear Family. I am, however, stumped as to how they went from putting the hurt on Dick's partner to finding them in DC.... I can only presume that episode 3 will fill in a bit of that interchange. It does seem as though Dick's Partner is toast unless she's some sort of secret badass.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Wow this show. So good.

"Is that Game of Thrones? Should you be watching that?" had be cracking up :D

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The robot was cringe. Was he supposed to be Cyborg ?
The Chief was great, but the whole scene with him are Raven was rushed, should have been another full episode spent in the house to get the narrative developed properly.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The second episode is out now and things are going all sorts of wacky

They surely did not just kill Dove did they??

It seems in this incarnation that Hawk and Dove are just normal vigilantes lacking in any actual powers.

In the picture with Dick, Hank and Dawn I presume that was Donna? Donna Troy was listed in Dick's batphone directory.

Interesting use of the Nuclear Family. I am, however, stumped as to how they went from putting the hurt on Dick's partner to finding them in DC.... I can only presume that episode 3 will fill in a bit of that interchange. It does seem as though Dick's Partner is toast unless she's some sort of secret badass.
Fuckin Leifeld spoiled that for me when I saw him at the Austin Con a couple months ago, but he was super stoked to have a couple of his relatively unknown characters finally making an appearance. He had a pretty good reason for that outcome, in that it allows the counterpart to be fully expressed not having the other to balance them. Guess we'll see.

• 1Like

italica

Trakanon Raider
  • 1Solidarity

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Seen the first 4 episodes now. I like it a lot so far, better than I thought it would be, though I wish raven was about 5 yrs older.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
How the hell can DC make a really good tv show for their streaming service but can't make a movie to save their life. This show just keeps getting better.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The trailer for next week is out. Looks like they are gonna do justice by Donna Troy..

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Looks like we get Donna for a little bit longer at least.

Next week, however, looks like a flashback Hawk and Dove origin which I have no idea how it fits in with anything given we ditched them awhile back.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well this week was an odd episode. Felt even more like a Hawk and Dove series pilot than the first one did.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, I was not expecting that!

Seamus Dever?! Ryan from Castle? :D

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i haven't watched any of this, it doesn't look like it's any good, but people here seem to have positive remarks about it...

that being said, apparently the season finale is about batman killing a bunch of people and wanting robin to join him... wtf. some explain this to me

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It makes sense in the context of the story:

New_Teen_Titans_Terror_of_Trigon.jpg

Its almost certainly a 'warped reality / grimdark' alternate reality after Dick goes into the area where Trigon has just crossed over into our world.