Tokyo, Japan

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Thinking of planning a trip to Japan. What's the vegan/vegetarian food like out there? Friend I'm going with is a vegan nutjob
leave your friend and have a good time alone

if you're really planning this craziness, about the only think Japs respect in regards to dietary restriction is HALAL

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
leave your friend and have a good time alone

if you're really planning this craziness, about the only think Japs respect in regards to dietary restriction is HALAL

Halal? In Japan? Ahahahahahaha!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Halal? In Japan? Ahahahahahaha!
look at all these halal ramen
0f761240d0e0828e9db465f244044441.png

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
look at all these halal ramen
0f761240d0e0828e9db465f244044441.png

Congratulations, about .001% of all restaurants in Tokyo are Halal?

"Availability of halal food

Currently, there are only a small number of halal food producers and halal restaurants in Japan. Many halal restaurants in Japan serve alcohol, as it is difficult for restaurants here to survive without doing so. There are some restaurants that label themselves as "halal" or "Muslim-friendly" and offer a halal menu in addition to their regular menu; however, their dishes were likely prepared in the same kitchen as non-halal dishes. Visitors should exercise personal discretion when dining at such places as the businesses may not be halal in the true sense.

Halal or Muslim-friendly restaurants can be found at major airports and a few leading large hotels, but note that some of them require prior reservations of at least a few days for the preparation of halal meals. Non-Japanese restaurants offering Bangladeshi, Egyptian, Indian, Indonesian, Iranian, Malaysian, Moroccan, Pakistani and Turkish cuisine along with some vegetarian restaurants may also have halal food options.

For more information about halal food, it is advised to consult a local tourist information center. In Tokyo, one such place is the Culture Tourist Information Center in Asakusa.

Outside of the major cities, halal or Muslim-friendly restaurants are even more difficult or often impossible to find. For visitors who prefer preparing their own meals, some supermarkets in major cities offer halal products; however, they tend to be mainly frozen halal meats rather than ready-to-eat foods. The average supermarket in Japan does not sell halal products."

Edit: I seriously doubt all of those "Halal" ramen shops are actually halal. I would bet most if not all of them contain pork. Pork is almost ubiquitous in ramen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'm a non-seafood eater and I found myself up against those sorts of cases all the time. Where a new word is used for a food item / ingredient, but what does that mean??

So then you gotta look that up.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s like saying tomato condiment instead of ketchup. You call it what it is.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Woah woah woah. You put tomato condiment on eggs?! What the fuck man. That's just nasty. Eggs are reserved for pepper, maybe a little salt. Oh, and soy sauce if you want. Mayo and tomato condiment can just get the fuck out of this discussion.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Woah woah woah. You put tomato condiment on eggs?! What the fuck man. That's just nasty. Eggs are reserved for pepper, maybe a little salt. Oh, and soy sauce if you want. Mayo and tomato condiment can just get the fuck out of this discussion.
it's omurice
shokugeki no souma even had an issue on it
shokugeki_no_soma_v8_ch59_p007.png

Cybsled

Link them the studies showing that pure vegan diets are usually not balanced for humans in terms of nutrients and may be linked to poor brain development in children, because we are fucking omnivores and meat/animal products is what our big brains run on