Top Gun (1986)

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I loved this movie as a kid. I still have a raging boner for F-14's. It's still the coolest fucking bird the navy has flown. This movie brings back pure nostalgia of playing aces of the pacific on ms dos and playing with TMNT action figures.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Drone bullshit doesn't interest me at all. I remember when Art Scholl died filming the show. Entered an inverted flat spin in a Pitts with a camera on board and never recovered.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
So many edgelords acting like they were too cool to enjoy this movie in the 80s. I bet you hated the real Karate Kid, too
picard.png

That aside, I'm sure this will suck balls like every other remake.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
No doubt this will be awesome. Tom Cruise, The Mummy aside makes some bad ass movies. Love that guy

Fadaar

That guy
So many edgelords acting like they were too cool to enjoy this movie in the 80s. I bet you hated the real Karate Kid, too
picard.png

That aside, I'm sure this will suck balls like every other remake.

Not exactly a remake when it's Tom Cruise rocking the full bird rank. He sucks at making rank though if he only got to O-6 in 32 years.

• 1Worf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If I ever want to watch F14 dog fighting, I watch Final Countdown. (Love the one move the pilot does in this, I swear, every time I watch it I think the fucker is going to crash.)

Also like the commentary behind this scene, with how the F14's had to fly at nearly stall speeds just to stay in frame with the Zero mock ups (Which I don't think were real zeros, but still.)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i grew up in the 80s and i never "got" this movie. i saw it once with my girlfriend who hounded me to rent it when it first came on video, by the middle of it she had fallen asleep. i like tom cruise movies, but his 80s movies werent so hot. cocktail was shit. color of money was boring as fuck. Legend was boring too. i dont think i ever saw "all the right moves or Losin it, but heard they sucked too. on the plus side. Risky Business and Rain Man are badass movies which i own on video. and cruise was good in Taps and The Outsiders

It's perfectly fine to think Legend was shit. Crapping on Color of Money though...

Wait it's fucking Chuk. Nevermind.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Jesus didn't realize this shit got necro'd that hard. Maybe I just think too highly of Paul Newman. Color of Money was great.
Color of Money is great. Its a great sequel too.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jesus didn't realize this shit got necro'd that hard. Maybe I just think too highly of Paul Newman. Color of Money was great.
paul newman was fine, he always plays paul newman. 15 year old me was bored with the movie though.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
They are instructors, the movie is about Ice & Maverick's adopted daughter.
I could see them going with a young female lead who, with little training or effort, goes on to win the Top Gun trophy and becomes the greatest pilot in naval aviation history. I wonder if Daisy Ridley is available to play the role?

• 1Barf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Straight from the Best Page in the Universe

rULeR Of thE UniverSe.

For those of you who don't remember, "Top Gun" was the movie about a bunch of guys who stand around high-fiving each other for about 90 minutes. The movie focuses on some loser named "Maverick" who penetrates deep into the coveted veil of the top gun academy of smug, sexually frustrated aviators. I know many of you reading this will probably think I'm exaggerating when I say this (since I exaggerate everything, except for my manliness which is enviable), but there were no fewer than 500 shower scenes in this movie. The wardrobe for this film must have consisted of a towel, a jump suit, and 50 pages of gay innuendo, because the rest of the time Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer were walking around naked eyeing each other's packages.

Then as if the director didn't think all the high-fiving and shower scenes were suggestive enough, there was a gratuitous scene in which all the guys got oiled up and played volleyball. Every few minutes I half-expected to see Cruise and Kilmer lock lips to a ballad of "It's Raining Men:"

If you remember having good memories of this movie, then it was probably because you were too young to know what was going on, or an idiot. Don't bother resurrecting this classic to prove I'm right.
topgay_tot1a.gif

topgay_tot2a.gif

topgay_tot3a.gif

• 1Like