Top Gun (1986)

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I guess filming is all over San Diego currently?

Anyone live there? Let's have a report !

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I seriously don't care if liking the original Top Gun makes me gay or retarded or whatever. I fucking loved that movie. My dad was in the Air Force, and I was approaching college where I went on to study aeronautical engineering (and then do nothing with it ever again because I'm a loser), I had the Big Book of Warplanes that was literally like a 2 foot tall coffee table book that I'd take into the bathroom to read while I shit, and had memorized most of the stats of every plane in there. I still have that book in a box somewhere, couldn't give it up.

Now, the A-10 is and will always be the greatest aircraft ever, but the F-14 is sexy as fuck to watch. Even if they go with some SJW transgender pilot with a plucky attitude, I am sure I will watch it at least once because of the fucking airplanes.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can hate the entire Transformers franchise including the first movie, but still like the military engagement scene from the first one while despising the rest of the movie.

Top Gun isn't nearly that bad but you can still appreciate the actual Air Force parts without being shat on.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I seriously don't care if liking the original Top Gun makes me gay or retarded or whatever. I fucking loved that movie. My dad was in the Air Force, and I was approaching college where I went on to study aeronautical engineering (and then do nothing with it ever again because I'm a loser), I had the Big Book of Warplanes that was literally like a 2 foot tall coffee table book that I'd take into the bathroom to read while I shit, and had memorized most of the stats of every plane in there. I still have that book in a box somewhere, couldn't give it up.

Now, the A-10 is and will always be the greatest aircraft ever, but the F-14 is sexy as fuck to watch. Even if they go with some SJW transgender pilot with a plucky attitude, I am sure I will watch it at least once because of the fucking airplanes.

one of my best friends is a tactical crew chief for the A-10. the stories he'd share with me about pilots coming back from combat with 1/3 of their plane missing and just being like "huh... it DID feel a little sluggish..."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You can hate the entire Transformers franchise including the first movie, but still like the military engagement scene from the first one while despising the rest of the movie.

Top Gun isn't nearly that bad but you can still appreciate the actual Air Force parts without being shat on.

I might agree with you if they didn't have to face those new MIGs that were armed with "exocet" missiles. Dumb fucks didn't have a single person involved in production who could spend the ten seconds it would have taken to look up and find that the exocet was a French missile and the Soviets didnt carry them. It was so stupid i still remember it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty happy about that. It seems like he was really pumped about it, and then got some kind of mixed signals that he would be in it and then not, and he was kind of depressed.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
This is going to star a female minority fighter pilot being oppressed by the misogynist good ole boy culture who must battle not only the demons in her own navy but the demons flying state of the art aircraft built with stolen technology by the North Koreans? Cruise will bang some MILF that just happens to be a Government liaison watchdog sent to make sure that the ladies get treated properly. But by the end of act two one of the other women pilots commit suicide due to the pressure and that some asshole make pig outs her for being a lesbian. This causes the lead woman to contemplate quitting so she refuses to get into her aircraft when the North Koreans unleash their secret stash of su-31s.

So Mav and Ice get into the cockpit of the two pilotless F-18s on the newly deployed Gerald Ford. They blast those North Korean scum away only to encounter trouble when Fat Kim unleashes his ultimate weapon, stealth drones inspired by Starcraft. Lead female hears the squadron dropping like flies and sneaks into the secret hanger and commandeers the experimental X-99 fighter jet which is controlled by the pilots emotions. Of course being a woman and the master of her domain she is the only one in the Navy with the skills to pilot. Entering the battle she enters into a trance letter her "feelings" hack into the North Korean drones and self destructing them by convincing their AIs that war is wrong.

Upon landing Mav tells heroine pilot that she can be his co-pilot anytime.

90% of that drivel will be true

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
This is going to star a female minority fighter pilot being oppressed by the misogynist good ole boy culture who must battle not only the demons in her own navy but the demons flying state of the art aircraft built with stolen technology by the North Koreans? Cruise will bang some MILF that just happens to be a Government liaison watchdog sent to make sure that the ladies get treated properly. But by the end of act two one of the other women pilots commit suicide due to the pressure and that some asshole make pig outs her for being a lesbian. This causes the lead woman to contemplate quitting so she refuses to get into her aircraft when the North Koreans unleash their secret stash of su-31s.

So Mav and Ice get into the cockpit of the two pilotless F-18s on the newly deployed Gerald Ford. They blast those North Korean scum away only to encounter trouble when Fat Kim unleashes his ultimate weapon, stealth drones inspired by Starcraft. Lead female hears the squadron dropping like flies and sneaks into the secret hanger and commandeers the experimental X-99 fighter jet which is controlled by the pilots emotions. Of course being a woman and the master of her domain she is the only one in the Navy with the skills to pilot. Entering the battle she enters into a trance letter her "feelings" hack into the North Korean drones and self destructing them by convincing their AIs that war is wrong.

Upon landing Mav tells heroine pilot that she can be his co-pilot anytime.

90% of that drivel will be true
That's almost entirely identical to my gritty HBO near-future reboot of Robotech except the female lead Minmei figure is actually a MtF tranny.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Wow wrote that on my phone downing two pitchers at a restaurant. Typos everywhere but actually coherent and batshit stupid. Yet I bet am right; 90% will be true to the plot.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I loved this movie as a kid. I still have a raging boner for Kelly McGillis.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Val Kilmer gets pilled out and kills Goose's son we may have something to work with here boys. Is Viper still alive?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it that hard to google if Tom Skerritt is alive? Yes, although he ironically pulled out a broadway gig titled Straight White Men due to personal reasons last week.

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
one of my best friends is a tactical crew chief for the A-10. the stories he'd share with me about pilots coming back from combat with 1/3 of their plane missing and just being like "huh... it DID feel a little sluggish..."

I've seen A-10s land in real life looking like they were landing after a video game sortie and I didn't even work on the flight line. The first time I saw one land was in 2004 after what I assume was a pretty fucked up combat sortie because I was 19 and thinking "huh, I don't think planes should be able to land without the rest of the plane, but what do I know."

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've seen A-10s land in real life looking like they were landing after a video game sortie and I didn't even work on the flight line. The first time I saw one land was in 2004 after what I assume was a pretty fucked up combat sortie because I was 19 and thinking "huh, I don't think planes should be able to land without the rest of the plane, but what do I know."

yeah. there's just something awesome about the warthog. just a big ugly plane with a big ugly gun. did you know that they've been trying to retire it for like 30 years, but it keeps outperforming everything that they just can't justify letting it go? every year they do mock dogfights in nevada and the a-10 wins every year. like, they put it up against f-22's and f-35's and it's undeafeted.